ADVERTISEMENT

Bubba cut

Cut but still likely to sign back with the Royals. Unfortunately. Although, this is going to be an MLB offseason like none we've ever seen. Good players with somewhat reasonable contracts will be DFA'd all over the place.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Cut but still likely to sign back with the Royals. Unfortunately. Although, this is going to be an MLB offseason like none we've ever seen. Good players with somewhat reasonable contracts will be DFA'd all over the place.
interesting....

I gotta think Bubba still gives baseball a go. He’s a serviceable player, so if he doesn’t sign back with KC, he will sign on somewhere
Let's be honest most guys would give their left you know what to play baseball on that level. Hell of a lot better on the body too when you get old....

Reactions: bigredhunter
Let's be honest most guys would give their left you know what to play baseball on that level. Hell of a lot better on the body too when you get old....
You never know with a quarterback, they seem to be the guys that turn it down or come back to football after a stint. could just be anecdotal but just off the top of my head QBs who got drafted MLB and went to football instead, or came back to football; Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Jake Locker, Brandon Weeden, Chris Wienke, John Elway, Tom Brady, Matt Cassell, and everyone on this board’s favorite Colin Kaepernick. I can’t remember for sure but I think Vick got drafted MLB. I still don’t see Bubba coming to Nebraska or anywhere else to play football though.

He's a 28 year old millionaire who has had a ton of injuries playing baseball, so I really doubt football enters into his mind anywhere other than when "Glory Days" comes on the radio. He should have $10M in the bank unless he's into hookers and blow, and he doesn't seem the type.

He's a 28 year old millionaire who has had a ton of injuries playing baseball, so I really doubt football enters into his mind anywhere other than when "Glory Days" comes on the radio. He should have $10M in the bank unless he's into hookers and blow, and he doesn't seem the type.

A few hookers and a little blow from time to time won’t break the bank.

Over 8 million in career earnings and a net worth of over 5 million. I'm not sure if he played enough in the show to qualify for their pension or not. Don't think he'll be playing college football....but there's a chance.

You never know with a quarterback, they seem to be the guys that turn it down or come back to football after a stint. could just be anecdotal but just off the top of my head QBs who got drafted MLB and went to football instead, or came back to football; Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Jake Locker, Brandon Weeden, Chris Wienke, John Elway, Tom Brady, Matt Cassell, and everyone on this board’s favorite Colin Kaepernick. I can’t remember for sure but I think Vick got drafted MLB. I still don’t see Bubba coming to Nebraska or anywhere else to play football though.
Wasn't Mahomes drafted, too? Perhaps I misheard that one. I know his father was an MLB player.

ADVERTISEMENT