ADVERTISEMENT

Bryson Williams out of Lincoln offered (Badgers commit)

One thing you should never do in management is hire someone who could potentially steal your managing power or undermine your credibility, and that's exactly what Riley did with our former DC (let's try to never use his name on this board again). Bring back our roots, Scott!

On KFAB this morning, Rose said he knows for a fact that Reilly wanted to offer him and Billy D. and Diaco vetoed that. I think that tells you all you need to know about the dysfunction of Reilly's program when he let those two guys overrule him on taking an instate (incity) kid that all other area programs wanted. I hope its not too late with him. I can think of a few other kids the last few years who would have looked really, really good in red and who would have been the heart and soul of our team because they were born and bred Husker Red. I know not every Nebraska highschool kid has D1 talent, but we have passed on too many who do.
You know I get tired of this crap that tries to cleanse MR of stuff. Reilly is the head coach. Billy D and Diaco can't veto. If they can than MR was much more incompetent than we all thought.

Ya, Riley is a big fan of Williams - but it was Diaco that wasn't interested in offering Williams. I hadn't heard one thing about Devaney in regards to Williams so I'm not gonna buy his name being thrown in. Rose, to be blunt like I always am, is a blabbering idiot and that's being nice.

ND fans warned us, Diaco is all about measurables. If you don't have them, he's not interested. And Williams doesn't have the measurables that Diaco was looking for.

With that said, Riley handled the non-offer about as well as one could. Invited the family for a visit, met with them for an extremely long time in his office and went in to detail as to why Nebraska wasn't offering. Believe it or not, the family respects what Riley did & left with a higher opinion of coach.

Okay, enough of that - I'm hoping he pulls the trigger before the weekend hits.
Me too, really wanna flip this kid.

Reactions: coachDubs
You know I get tired of this crap that tries to cleanse MR of stuff. Reilly is the head coach. Billy D and Diaco can't veto. If they can than MR was much more incompetent than we all thought.
I agree to a point but if the defensive coordinator, who was the one to have to coach this kid, didn’t want him, why bring him in? Get someone who will fit the D coordinator better I think... please don’t tell me other head coaches throughout America don’t listen to the input of their assistant coaches regarding recruits they want to bring in...

On the other hand, if Riley really wanted him he should have put his foot down. I can see it both ways.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Thanks for posting this. But shouldn’t it go in the other Bryson Williams thread?

[QUOTE="coachDubs, post: 3984886, member: 62585"

ND fans warned us, Diaco is all about measurables. If you don't have them, he's not interested. And Williams doesn't have the measurables that Diaco was looking for.[/QUOTE]

Good Gawd, reminds of Callahan. Big bodied receivers, Oline with long arms. Who cares how long your arms are if you have no motor.

FWIW, Land of 10 reported he told Nebraska he’s still committed to Wisky. Not that I expected him to flip after a couple of days.
Plenty of time to flip this kid. Not surprising he says that at first.

In this case, I'd expect Bryson Williams to stay with UW.
I think he has no ties to NU, didn't grow up in Nebraska or root for the Huskers.
However, it's a good move CSF made. This is to win over in-state HS coaches, I think.

No, Mike Riley wanted to but was overruled by Billy Devaney and Bob Diaco
Does anyone know a time or a story in which Riley showed he had a pair? I mean seriously, did he ever show pride or a back bone by saying "I am the F-ing coach and I get final say"? IMO he's the classic "nice guys finish last" loser. How can the guy ever find success in life when he allows so many people to walk over him.

And I am being serious, does anyone know of any time he used executive order? Cause I have about a hundred stories of him being a pushed around by subordinates.

People like him can't be leaders.

Does anyone know a time or a story in which Riley showed he had a pair? I mean seriously, did he ever show pride or a back bone by saying "I am the F-ing coach and I get final say"? IMO he's the classic "nice guys finish last" loser. How can the guy ever find success in life when he allows so many people to walk over him.

And I am being serious, does anyone know of any time he used executive order? Cause I have about a hundred stories of him being a pushed around by subordinates.

People like him can't be leaders.

He did with Speilman. Riley was the one that fought for him.

In this case, I'd expect Bryson Williams to stay with UW.
I think he has no ties to NU, didn't grow up in Nebraska or root for the Huskers.
However, it's a good move CSF made. This is to win over in-state HS coaches, I think.

We should find out this weekend what his future plans are.

Reactions: WHCSC
One thing you should never do in management is hire someone who could potentially steal your managing power or undermine your credibility, and that's exactly what Riley did with our former DC (let's try to never use his name on this board again). Bring back our roots, Scott!
Not to nitpick, but it has nothing to do with the hiring process. Any manager or leader should have the sack to tell a subordinate F' no, I am making the call. If he doesn't have the nads to do that HE should be fired. Or in this case, he was fired.

On KFAB this morning, Rose said he knows for a fact that Reilly wanted to offer him and Billy D. and Diaco vetoed that. I think that tells you all you need to know about the dysfunction of Reilly's program when he let those two guys overrule him on taking an instate (incity) kid that all other area programs wanted. I hope its not too late with him. I can think of a few other kids the last few years who would have looked really, really good in red and who would have been the heart and soul of our team because they were born and bred Husker Red. I know not every Nebraska highschool kid has D1 talent, but we have passed on too many who do.
What a joke

he will be a Husker. Wisconsin now wants him to play O-line and he does not want to do that. Nebraska has told him they want him on defense. Expect a flip within 5 days.
sounds like Chryst, can't trust that guy

Where do you get that any one was cleansing MR of stuff from that? It was a statement of a fact, and incidentally was specifically one of the multitude of things that they were saying was dysfunctional about the MR regime. they weren't giving him a pass, they were saying his lack of taking charge of his program was part of the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT