ADVERTISEMENT

Bryson Williams out of Lincoln offered (Badgers commit)

giphy.gif

How Nebraska's former staff doesn't even offer a kid that is in Lincoln that is offered by Wisconsin is mind boggling.
4-8 should sum it up as well as 38-17. Mike was good friends with Paul Chryst so he wanted him to have a good player from Lincoln. Things are changing boys and I like the change.:):):):)

Not just offered by Wisconsin but Iowa, Minnesota and Kansas State. Everybody else in the area wanted him pretty badly.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Also got an inhome visit.
Scott Frost putting his money where his mouth is

He PROMISED us today that they would outwork the competition

He is leading by example

He has a vision and instead of just telling us what we want to hear- he actually has a plan to make that vision a reality AND is executing on it

Does this guy ever sleep?

GBR
Impressive

I thought it was a mistake to pass on this kid by the previous staff. While Mapieu may have a higher ceiling, I believe Williams is more polished and ready to play. He's one of those in state kids that you don't let get away IMO.

Especially when letting him get away means seeing him play for your main division rival and recent tormentor.

Especially when letting him get away means seeing him play for your main division rival and recent tormentor.

No kidding!

I don't know how many have watched his videos but he was making some very athletic tackles for a DT. I'd hate to see him doing that against Nebraska..

On KFAB this morning, Rose said he knows for a fact that Reilly wanted to offer him and Billy D. and Diaco vetoed that. I think that tells you all you need to know about the dysfunction of Reilly's program when he let those two guys overrule him on taking an instate (incity) kid that all other area programs wanted. I hope its not too late with him. I can think of a few other kids the last few years who would have looked really, really good in red and who would have been the heart and soul of our team because they were born and bred Husker Red. I know not every Nebraska highschool kid has D1 talent, but we have passed on too many who do.

On KFAB this morning, Rose said he knows for a fact that Reilly wanted to offer him and Billy D. and Diaco vetoed that. I think that tells you all you need to know about the dysfunction of Reilly's program when he let those two guys overrule him on taking an instate (incity) kid that all other area programs wanted. I hope its not too late with him. I can think of a few other kids the last few years who would have looked really, really good in red and who would have been the heart and soul of our team because they were born and bred Husker Red. I know not every Nebraska highschool kid has D1 talent, but we have passed on too many who do.
If that doesn't sum it up, I don't know what does.

Was Calvin Avery the same deal? Kind of miffed at all of that considering our depth on the defensive line. In any event, we should go after Avery again if that ship hasn't sailed. We are going to need big time depth in the front seven if we're going to run Frost's offense.

Wow. Let's turn this page asap. GBR

Has Billy D. found his way out of the athletic department yet? I thought I saw last week, he said he was still working until he was told otherwise.

Has Billy D. found his way out of the athletic department yet? I thought I saw last week, he said he was still working until he was told otherwise.
I wonder if they keep him around until after signing day. We need someone that knows: our current roster, who we've offered, where we stand with them, etc.

Ya, Riley is a big fan of Williams - but it was Diaco that wasn't interested in offering Williams. I hadn't heard one thing about Devaney in regards to Williams so I'm not gonna buy his name being thrown in. Rose, to be blunt like I always am, is a blabbering idiot and that's being nice.

ND fans warned us, Diaco is all about measurables. If you don't have them, he's not interested. And Williams doesn't have the measurables that Diaco was looking for.

With that said, Riley handled the non-offer about as well as one could. Invited the family for a visit, met with them for an extremely long time in his office and went in to detail as to why Nebraska wasn't offering. Believe it or not, the family respects what Riley did & left with a higher opinion of coach.

Okay, enough of that - I'm hoping he pulls the trigger before the weekend hits.

If true, WTF?!
jIHT7.gif

Ya, Riley is a big fan of Williams - but it was Diaco that wasn't interested in offering Williams. I hadn't heard one thing about Devaney in regards to Williams so I'm not gonna buy his name being thrown in. Rose, to be blunt like I always am, is a blabbering idiot and that's being nice.

ND fans warned us, Diaco is all about measurables. If you don't have them, he's not interested. And Williams doesn't have the measurables that Diaco was looking for.

With that said, Riley handled the non-offer about as well as one could. Invited the family for a visit, met with them for an extremely long time in his office and went in to detail as to why Nebraska wasn't offering. Believe it or not, the family respects what Riley did & left with a higher opinion of coach.

Okay, enough of that - I'm hoping he pulls the trigger before the weekend hits.

Measurables, lol.

Give me a 5'9 corner who can cover like a blanket. Or a 6'0 290lb DT who can move like John Randle. Or small, fast WR. Etc, etc, etc

We need football players, not "measurables."

Reactions: chitownfan
At the very least, he's making good on the promise that we aren't going to let in-state kids go without so much as an offer. We haven't recruited our own state well in 17 years, it drives me nuts. We may not be the hotbed of recruiting, but there are kids here who will play their hearts out. Noah Fant and Nathan Bazata showed us that on Black Friday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT