ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Only

sui111

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Saw on the news this evening that he is going to be at Iowa Western next year.

I don't know if that's good or bad. I know there are many on here that were projecting him to break through next season but IMO that would be tough considering the entire infield is coming back minus PK. Also have a targeted Juco to fill that 2B void and will be adding Edrington back to the middle infield mix as well and I have never believed Plezak was going to be an option at second.

Had to be a tough season for the young man. He did get ~40 plate appearances but not sure if there were hardly any past mid to late March. Burkamper and Knustson had to be a little disappointed as well with both throwing < 8 innings. Seems to me like you need have to be committed as a coaching staff to playing someone more than that to burn a year. I know they have to earn it as well but one could certainly argue 5 innings for pitcher can't really tell you anything.

Hopefully he is leaving on good terms and we have a chance to get him back after he plays 50+ games this next season. Its damn long season when you're riding the pine and you can't necessarily blame him for going someplace to play every day, especially when IWCC is right there being scouted by every D1 program in the country looking to fill a void with an immediate impact player.

ADVERTISEMENT