ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Reimers...

Also Rose and McNitt. Are they all going to be Sr's?

Last edited:
I don't know about the other 2 but Bryan is (will be) a junior.

Good for him! He has played plenty and this tells us that he is in their WR plans moving forwards.

Wonder if it counts starting this semester?

Haven't heard of scholarships being awarded in January... usually in August.

Double dip for the Spartans this week..........congrats to Reimers!

Maybe it's a little thing, but this illustrates to me how this coaching staff continues to "get it" regarding how things are done at Nebraska and, more importantly, how it can help them. There can be no dispute that the walk-on in-state kids are a crucial part of the lifeblood of the program; Tom Osborne, Bo and others always spoke of these types of kids setting the tone in the locker room and helping the out-of-state studs understand how important the program is to the state. I was disappointed when this staff first arrived and told so many walk-on kids they were no longer welcome (no, I will not name them). These coaches actually told some kids they could stay on the team if they chose to but would receive no help from the coaches. Hell of a thing to tell a 19-year-old kid who isn't taking up a scholarship and is just trying to live out the dream. One kid had been 'shipped by Pelini the previous year; Langsdorf informed him in the spring that he would not be renewed then, but would be in the fall. By August he changed his mind and left a young man who had made some modest contributions as a player high and dry.
But I'm digressing. In one guy's humble opinion, this is a positive for the program. I love seeing the in-state kids "make it."

Reactions: RedHour
Maybe it's a little thing, but this illustrates to me how this coaching staff continues to "get it" regarding how things are done at Nebraska and, more importantly, how it can help them. There can be no dispute that the walk-on in-state kids are a crucial part of the lifeblood of the program; Tom Osborne, Bo and others always spoke of these types of kids setting the tone in the locker room and helping the out-of-state studs understand how important the program is to the state. I was disappointed when this staff first arrived and told so many walk-on kids they were no longer welcome (no, I will not name them). These coaches actually told some kids they could stay on the team if they chose to but would receive no help from the coaches. Hell of a thing to tell a 19-year-old kid who isn't taking up a scholarship and is just trying to live out the dream. One kid had been 'shipped by Pelini the previous year; Langsdorf informed him in the spring that he would not be renewed then, but would be in the fall. By August he changed his mind and left a young man who had made some modest contributions as a player high and dry.
But I'm digressing. In one guy's humble opinion, this is a positive for the program. I love seeing the in-state kids "make it."

I guess that is why they split the team in two and ran two practices that first spring and ended up giving 5 walk-ons scholarships to start the 2015-2016 fall semester. o_O

Reactions: cornhustler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT