ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Addison

Man this would be a great addition next wee. I like USC being out of the race, i’d Say it’s a two dog fight between us and Oregon, they have our old DB coach Williams connection but we have the immediate playing time card with lack of depth. What the odd’s we land him?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/huskercorner.com/2018/07/21/nebraska-football-bryan-addison/amp/
Unfortunately I think the odds for us landing him are pretty slim. No connections with anyone of the new staff as far as I can determine and, given his timeframe, little chance of building a connection from scratch before he has to make a decision.

Reactions: huskerfan66
He's deciding today in 5 hours. Down to Oregon, ASU, Washington, and the Good Guys. Guess that means he didn't get out to Oregon? Hoping that bodes well for us. He has been on campus before.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Ok since everyone is saying no chance and don't hold your breath, I will go the other way and say he's N!!

Yeah, Im not sure Donte Williams was a great coach or not, but he was a damn good recruiter for the most part. And Oregon has some flashy facilities and uniforms.

I'd love it if we landed him as a DB but the competition may be a little stiff. Besides, he already seemed to want to be on the West Coast anyway, right?

Yeah, Im not sure Donte Williams was a great coach or not, but he was a damn good recruiter for the most part. And Oregon has some flashy facilities and uniforms.

I'd love it if we landed him as a DB but the competition may be a little stiff. Besides, he already seemed to want to be on the West Coast anyway, right?
Just curious, when I hear someone is a "great recruiter" and unsure if someone is a "great coach" that just reeks to me of some improprieties. I remember hearing some of the players' dads say "if Williams isn't there, we're not coming" - which just smells like something is wrong.

I don't mind that he's no longer on staff and if we lose players who aim for situations like that, I don't want them either.

For the record, I'm not stating with fact that Williams was recruiting inappropriately, but it just appears that way from afar (with no evidence.)

Just curious, when I hear someone is a "great recruiter" and unsure if someone is a "great coach" that just reeks to me of some improprieties. I remember hearing some of the players' dads say "if Williams isn't there, we're not coming" - which just smells like something is wrong.

I don't mind that he's no longer on staff and if we lose players who aim for situations like that, I don't want them either.

For the record, I'm not stating with fact that Williams was recruiting inappropriately, but it just appears that way from afar (with no evidence.)

Coaching and recruiting are two different things. Recruiting is sales. Coaching is teaching. I don't get your concern.

Reactions: minnesota husker
So, as stated, recruiting is sales. It is mostly about relationships and trust. Part of the trust factor has to be with how they will prepare the kid for the next level, but its also about how they will care for the kid during their college years.

The kid would be a standout safety. I'm sure if we got him, he'd find his way on the field. He has said that being comfortable with the staff is one of his biggest priorities and we know he's very comfortable with Donte. Plus I think he wants to stay on the west coast.

Coaching and recruiting are two different things. Recruiting is sales. Coaching is teaching. I don't get your concern.
I get the analogy if this was a business where the sales people turn over the work to another team. But in this case, you're actually selling yourself to some degree and if you don't have a reputation of delivering on the development side of things, then you're selling what exactly? If as another poster mentioned, it is just about caring and protecting your son, then maybe I can buy that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT