ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Addison (visited last year) released from scholly at UCLA

Metalfan

Offensive Coordinator
Nov 1, 2004
Nashville, TN
Sounds like he couldn't get academically cleared fast enough and thought he was falling behind with all the other kids being enrolled. I know a lot of people wanted him last year. Sounds like he's heard from Nebraska among other schools. Probably won't come to Nebraska but might be worth watching. Has to make a decision next week.

Getting a guy like this so close to the season would be an almost miraculous get. A top talent at a position of need (could go two ways as well).

I believe he was already admitted to Nebraska and the wheels are in motion to try to get him here. I believe he has 1 visit left and may be using it to go to Oregon. He can't take an official visit here as he already has used an official here.

I believe he was already admitted to Nebraska and the wheels are in motion to try to get him here. I believe he has 1 visit left and may be using it to go to Oregon. He can't take an official visit here as he already has used an official here.

Yea he was already qualified at Nebraska and the other schools that were his finalists. Just not UCLA.

Yea he was already qualified at Nebraska and the other schools that were his finalists. Just not UCLA.
Yeah, I think I used the wrong word. Should probably said qualified instead of admitted. The wildcard here is Oregon. Donte Williams was his lead recruiter here is now at Oregon. Hopefully he fails twice at getting him.

Reactions: HuskerO
Yeah, I think I used the wrong word. Should probably said qualified instead of admitted. The wildcard here is Oregon. Donte Williams was his lead recruiter here is now at Oregon. Hopefully he fails twice at getting him.

Loved Donte when he was recruiting for us, but I hope Bryan takes a look at what Donte accomplished with Lamar Jackson (absolutely nothing from what the film shows) last season and then looks at what our new coach Fisher did with his DBs last season (1st round pick CB). If he's down to play some corner, he could very easily get the early playing time that he is looking for here.

Loved Donte when he was recruiting for us, but I hope Bryan takes a look at what Donte accomplished with Lamar Jackson (absolutely nothing from what the film shows) last season and then looks at what our new coach Fisher did with his DBs last season (1st round pick CB). If he's down to play some corner, he could very easily get the early playing time that he is looking for here.
Bob Diacos scheme had nothing to do with that....smdh.

He’s 6’5”. Not saying he couldn’t play corner, but not sure that would be the best position for him. For comparison, the tallest cornerback in the NFL is 6’3”...

He also said familiarity with the coaches was one of the biggest things for him. Not sure he's familiar with our staff at all. He is very familiar with Donte and I think that's why a lot of people seem to think he'll end up at Oregon. Plus some don't think he'll live the west coast. I wouldn't be shocked to see him commit to Oregon even if he doesn't visit.

ADVERTISEMENT