ADVERTISEMENT

Bron bron GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2012
You all know I do not like him on many levels.

He just got his pussy stuffed in. He is not even a top 5 all time talent.
I have not watched a NBA game in three years, but do follow sports, and it is impossible to not know what goes on in the playoffs.

My top players all time:

1 Jordan
Tie Wilt, Kareem, Kobe
5 Magic
Tie Bird, Duncan
8 Bill Russell
9 Dr J
10 Jerry West

Bron bron is a GOAT crybaby.

Magic Johnson really doesn't deserve to be on any list of best players ever. I can easily name 20 players just from the 70s, 80s, and 90s that are ahead of him. He's just an example of the legend exceeding the performance.

Magic Johnson really doesn't deserve to be on any list of best players ever. I can easily name 20 players just from the 70s, 80s, and 90s that are ahead of him. He's just an example of the legend exceeding the performance.
Name them, all 20.
You said it is easy to. I think you are full of it.

Reactions: hephusker
I hate Lebron with a passion, but he is a top 5 player. For such a huge dude, he has it all, but dude is soft. I also find it laughable that he quit on his team in game 5 and went to the locker room with like 6 minutes left. I can't wait until he is gone.

Dr J ahead of Lebron James is laughable.
LeBron is better, but I don't think it's laughable. But we're talking about two different eras. A young Dr. J was unreal and he played in an era with fewer teams and his competition wasn't watered down with a bunch of young, weak @ss, never been taught/refused to learn how to play defense players to beat up on like LeBron has benefited from playing against.

LeBron is better, but I don't think it's laughable. But we're talking about two different eras. A young Dr. J was unreal and he played in an era with fewer teams and his competition wasn't watered down with a bunch of young, weak @ss, never been taught/refused to learn how to play defense players to beat up on like LeBron has benefited from playing against.
You're right, the defense they played in the heydays of the NBA was 'suffocating'.

Here is the final minutes of a Game 7 NBA Finals from 1978. The defense played back then was truly laughable.

Wilt
Kareem
Bird
Barkley
Irving
Malone
Thomas
Robinson
Ewing
Jordan
Pippen
Stockton
Hakeem
Russell
Miller
Worthy
Hill
Shaq
Havlicek
Barry
Maravich

Bill Russell is a Top 5 Goat in my book, but he was a coach in the 1970s, no longer a player.

A played and coached at same time in NBA.

Career information
High schoolMcClymonds (Oakland, California)
CollegeSan Francisco (1953–1956)
NBA draft1956 / Round: 1 / Pick: 2nd overall
Selected by the St. Louis Hawks
Playing career1956–1969
PositionCenter
Number6
Coaching career1966–1969, 1973–1977, 1987–1988

LeBron is a turd. He is a BLM shill. Can't hold a candle to Jordan on the court. Off the court he's a piece of shit. On the court he's a bitch.
“Off the court he’s a piece of s$&@“

want to compare the charity work he’s done to the DJT foundation??????

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
James or no James I don’t respect those that act like sanctimonious human beings. One can rarely turn on the sports out here without James telling others how to think,believe, live or do. i don’t remember the other greats being so holier than thou towards others.

You're right, the defense they played in the heydays of the NBA was 'suffocating'.

Here is the final minutes of a Game 7 NBA Finals from 1978. The defense played back then was truly laughable.

Not laughable defense, but anyway you misunderstood my point. Defense today is OK overall-- too many young refs who never played the game and are getting conned into called ridiculous fouls and favoring the small and skinny players over the big and powerful but that's beside the point. There are too many guys who have never been taught the game or haven't been pushed. Those are direct quotes from players themselves. They were often coddled superstars in HS and didn't learn sh*t playing in AAU tournaments. Played a year, maybe two in college. Then they go to the NBA where the only practice time devoted to defense or rebounding is within the teaching of defensive schemes. It's not their fault.

NBA talent these days is watered down. Going from 22 teams to 30 will do that. Then teams keep young high upside kids on rosters now instead of savy role playing vets, whereas talented young players used to be busting their ass playing an extra year or two in college where practices are much more rigorous.

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR

I have not watched a NBA game in three years, but do follow sports, and it is impossible to not know what goes on in the playoffs.

My top players all time:

1 Jordan
Tie Wilt, Kareem, Kobe
5 Magic
Tie Bird, Duncan
8 Bill Russell
9 Dr J
10 Jerry West

I too dislike LBJames in general, but I like how you’re basing stuff off of something you haven’t seen in three years and because you know what sports are.

And you can’t have a tie for 2nd and then move directly to 5th, smdh

James or no James I don’t respect those that act like sanctimonious human beings. One can rarely turn on the sports out here without James telling others how to think,believe, live or do. i don’t remember the other greats being so holier than thou towards others.
Approx 1000 Americans are killed at the hands of police annually.

Approx. 375,000 Americans died of COVID last year.

Hundreds of articles written about how disproportionately POC were affected by the pandemic. And we have vaccines that have been more effective than hoped.

Yet what cause got all his attention and (self-proclaimed) role model leadership over the last year?

To this day, he's still playing games on the topic of vaccines (which stokes conspiracy theories), has not come out and said he's vaccinated, and isn't on a billboard anywhere with a PSA pushing for it.

1000 in the grave vs. 375,000 in the grave.

But there's no $$$$ or future career opportunities leading on vaccines.

I want to point out some positives first. He did give a lot of money to open a school for kids less than privileged. He does fly around the country to catch his son's basketball games, and he does a lot of family posts on social media. You can call it attention-seeking, I don't care, he's still promoting family and I respect that. He did have unrealistic expectations to meet as an 18YO, and he still met them, on the court anyway. Truly a great basketball player and a model to follow for hard work and high achievement.

But...

His theatrics on the court are grotesque. He's not a good role model in how he carries himself publicly and reeks of selfishness and arrogance. He rates money and power over morals and values, case in point, his choices on when to comment about China, or shameless plug for Space Jam when asked about Team USA basketball. Finally his role as a "social justice leader" (which is partially tied in to the money and power point). Believe me, I'm all for social justice, and he's done some good thing and taken on leadership, but he's often taken it to a level of propaganda. Several of his statements hold no merit, are not backed by any factual string of events and quite frankly are out of touch with reality. He has a real platform and real influence and has the opportunity to make a real change, and he choose to make hyperbolic statements, stir the pot and further the divide.

Everyone should be respected as a human being so I respect him and the good things he's done. But naw I'm not gonna roll with LeBron.

Interesting, I was thinking he would be higher than 5, but I'm a tad young to be able to comment on him for sure. But I thought at one point he was the best player in the NBA til Jordan arrived? And couldn't he play all 5 spots?

It's hard to compare though, with all the rule changes. I'd like to see LeBron play with the rules of yesteryear, like no travelling, no jump stop, no palming the ball, no carrying...how would he fare then? On those technicalities, Bird was probably the best. And even though he doesn't get recognized because he wasn't a scorer, I'd easily put Rodman ahead of James. Amazing at defense, amazing at rebounding.

Interesting, I was thinking he would be higher than 5, but I'm a tad young to be able to comment on him for sure. But I thought at one point he was the best player in the NBA til Jordan arrived? And couldn't he play all 5 spots?

It's hard to compare though, with all the rule changes. I'd like to see LeBron play with the rules of yesteryear, like no travelling, no jump stop, no palming the ball, no carrying...how would he fare then? On those technicalities, Bird was probably the best. And even though he doesn't get recognized because he wasn't a scorer, I'd easily put Rodman ahead of James. Amazing at defense, amazing at rebounding.
Players have always travelled and palmed the ball. Especially the stars.

There was a sea change, however, when the NBA disallowed hand-checking on defense.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska

My top players all time:

1 Jordan
Tie Wilt, Kareem, Kobe
5 Magic
Tie Bird, Duncan
8 Bill Russell
9 Dr J
10 Jerry West

Do like weed? No way should Kareem and Kobe be ranked ahead of Magic and Bird.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I honestly was trying to come up with 10 better than him. I do not like him, or what he purports to believe. Maybe Dr J was a reach, but I did see him play both ABA and NBA.

Bron bron is not top 8 then 😜
MJ
Kareem
Wilt
Bill Russell
Kobe
Lebron
Tim Duncan
Larry Bird
Big O
Shaq

He will never crack top 5 imo. Ring chaser and super team slut.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
These GOAT lists are always tough no matter the sport, but basketball has special challenges due to the implementation of the three-point shot. A guy like Bob Pettit might not even be a top 20 player today but he was dominant in the pre-three point era. (In his 11 year career, he was first team all-pro ten times and second team the eleventh year.)

Last edited:
Reactions: jeans1515

I was being a little bit provocative. Magic was really good, but he was surrounded by great players and great coaches his entire career so it's hard to actually say how great he really was. I'd put him in the top 20 of all time for sure, but its hard to say whether he was the driving force of his team or just a really good role player.

I will say this though: everything Magic could do, LeBron is better at it.

Reactions: oldjar07
I am glad the team lost. Time for some new blood in the finals but when you get Utah vs Milwaukee no one outside of Utah or Milwaukee will watch. Its a actually refreshing that one of the most predictable sports will have a new champ.

I too dislike LBJames in general, but I like how you’re basing stuff off of something you haven’t seen in three years and because you know what sports are.

And you can’t have a tie for 2nd and then move directly to 5th, smdh

So if 4 are ranked higher than you, you are still in 3rd place?

This is how all rankings and finishes are calculated.
Golf finishes, CFB polls, etc.

Really now, it is me shaking my damn head at your ignorant attempt at an argument you know nothing about.

Wilt
Kareem
Bird
Barkley
Irving
Malone
Thomas
Robinson
Ewing
Jordan
Pippen
Stockton
Hakeem
Russell
Miller
Worthy
Hill
Shaq
Havlicek
Barry
Maravich
Where is Kobe as deserves to be on this list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT