ADVERTISEMENT

Brock Purdy

Uncle Donny

Walk On
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2004
Did he want to come to Nebraska? I swear I’ve read that on here before.

He would’ve been an upgrade if I’m recalling it correctly.

Don’t know about that. Their RB Hall has connections and wanted to come though.

Last edited:
Reactions: All N

Yes. He had zero offers from any P5 school until isu offered. Arizona player of the year his senior year.

Begging for NU offer. Riley wasn't interested. Was looking at UCF and was hoping Frost would offer when hired but we know the rest of the story there. Both alabama and Texas a&m came in EXTREMELY late trying to poach him but decided to honor his verbal to isu.

He never got bitter but was disappointed he didn't get more looks from other P5 schools. But he would have come to nu if ordered.

Last edited:
Yes. He had zero offers from any D1 school until isu offered. Arizona player of the year his senior year.

Begging for NU offer. Riley wasn't interested. Was looking at UCF and was hoping Frost would offer when hired but we know the rest of the story there. Both alabama and Texas a&m came in EXTREMELY late trying to poach him but decided to honor his verbal to isu.

He never got bitter but was disappointed he didn't get more looks from other P5 schools. But he would have come to nu if ordered.

Purdy had offers from Boise St, Kansas, and UCF before ISU offered...
Edit... Colorado St and Alabama offered days after...

Last edited:
Yes. He had zero offers from any D1 school until isu offered. Arizona player of the year his senior year.

If that’s the case, dude has to be elated that Nebraska never offered.

Edit... and Alabama
Note: I said P5. UCF, IF I recall the conversation correctly came after SF was hired by NU. I'm going off what I was told 3 years ago by an individual EXTREMELY close to the situation that I can't/won't reveal their identity without permission. ISU was his first AND only P5 offer for a very long time per my conversation. Wasn't aware of the ku and Illinois offers or timing. Alabama and Texas a &m basically came in at the 11th hour.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it 😊

Edit: sorry I see I DID say D1 in my first sentence. My bad and my apologies. I will edit that

Reactions: headcard
You said he didn't get a D1 offer until ISU offered. I don't have inside sources, just follow recruiting here in the Valley. Multiple timelines of his offers available out there including TOS, local AZ sports outlets, and his own twitter account....

Edit... Colorado St and Alabama offered days after...
Bama offers lots of QBs. The question is whether the "offer" is commitable.

Last edited:
Iowa State has done well with a lot of overlooked guys. Their former RB Montgomery, now playing for the Bears, and current tight end Kolar were not highly recruited guys either.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou

He's hit or miss. Does some good things, but also makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes.

He's hit or miss. Does some good things, but also makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes.
Good enough that ISU will end up top 10 this year and start next year as top 10. Has announced tonight that he is definitely returning to ISU. Nick Saban offered him and ISU was sweating bullets till he turned down Saban. His brother Chuba is at FSU as a QB. FSU sucks though.

Don’t know about that. Their RB Hall has connections and wanted to come though.
Their receiver Hutchison was recruited hard by Nebraska out of jc, but Frost settled on Manning who will probably be a trivia name for the question "name a 4* jc receiver who husker fans bought into the hype and was never heard from again".

Their receiver Hutchison was recruited hard by Nebraska out of jc, but Frost settled on Manning who will probably be activia name for the question "name a 4* jc receiver who husker fans bought into the hype and was never heard from again".
I don’t think we settled for Manning, we wanted both. We also lost out on Chase Allen to them, who is a very good TE.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Chase Allen dad was a coach at ISU while my daughter went to Ames. She worked in football offices for Terry and baby set Chase.

Very cool, I know several people that have said Terry is a really good guy. I read in an article while we were recruiting Chase, that his parents own Ebbets Field in Springfield, MO. I've been there a few times, cool place.

ADVERTISEMENT