ADVERTISEMENT

Brett McMurphy tweet

"Provide a much needed boost to the local economy" is the biggest line of bullsh*t I've heard in a while.

The bottom line is this is about wins and losses and not getting embarrassed again on national television. The rest of it is pure rationalization. And there's absolutely no way that they brought up Duffy's and Sandy's on O Street when they decided to try to beg their way out of this game.

Reactions: TheRealHerky
"Provide a much needed boost to the local economy" is the biggest line of bullsh*t I've heard in a while.

The bottom line is this is about wins and losses and not getting embarrassed again on national television. The rest of it is pure rationalization. And there's absolutely no way that they brought up Duffy's and Sandy's on O Street when they decided to try to beg their way out of this game.

Yah they tried that line several months ago with the league office. Didn't get a win there either.

No. It's called looking out for the best interests of the University. This is going to cost us millions.

then you should be really pissed at the athletic department for ineffectual leadership and spinelessly cow-towing to popular opinion

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
No. It's called looking out for the best interests of the University. This is going to cost us millions.

Then don’t ever schedule a non con road game if that’s the case. Let’s be real. The fraud and Moos know they are going to get their asses handed to them.

This is just another sad day in Husker football and example 125 as to why Frost is and will continue to be a failure.

Then don’t ever schedule a non con road game if that’s the case. Let’s be real. The fraud and Moos know they are going to get their asses handed to them.

This is just another sad day in Husker football and example 125 as to why Frost is and will continue to be a failure.

I think a fair question to ask is - long term has the harm frost has done to the program at this point far, far exceed any benefit it derived from his brief 2 years of playing

Agreed, Casterline played Moos like a cheap fiddle..
As usual, OU f's over Nebraska. Why in God's name people look so fondly on a rivalry that took place TWO conferences and 30 years ago is beyond understanding. OU has done nothing but screw with Osborne and Nebraska since they voted in favor of letting the Texas schools in to form the Big 12. It was over the day the Big 12 was formed. We're going to play this game because of a very vocal nostalgic minority of fans AND a few national pundits who would love nothing more than to see NU humiliated. THERE'S A REASON THEY PUT BUYOUT CLAUSES IN CONTRACTS LIKE THIS.

I think a fair question to ask is - long term has the harm frost has done to the program at this point far, far exceed any benefit it derived from his brief 2 years of playing

As a coach he was likely our last chance at becoming relevant again anytime soon. Unfortunately, he has dropped the ball in almost every occasion. The guy is so far in over his head and it all started with bringing his mid major staff with him.

Reactions: TheNewNU
This isn't going away in 3 days....we will never hear the end of it, I can almost see the meme's now when OU thrashes us and the funny signs OU fans are sure to make and will be shown in TV and everyone will start afresh laughing at us again when this game week rolls around. Stunned so many of our fans were OK with this chicken shit stunt that made us the laughing stock of CFB, again.

I assume you mean we’d pound them verbally - because on the field, Texas owned us until we ran for cover and now Iowa is owning us.

Get off Iowa’s jock. They are not special in any way. They only own us in the sense that we suck, at the moment, and everyone owns us. Only difference is they are the only ones so obsessed they feel the need to brag about it everyday, trying to feel better about being, you know, Iowa

Reactions: HuskerHackFraud
I'm in Des Moines. 1460 is playing Frost's "we will play anyone anywhere" speech over and over and laughing. Saying this is Moos's way of guaranteeing a victory for Scott so the hire doesn't look so bad. Perception is everything. As a Husker fan a loss to OU would make me feel a lot better than a win against a MAC team and "doing it in the name of local and Athletic Dept. economics".
Not very proud of Moos today.
Frost and his big ass mouth.

Get off Iowa’s jock. They are not special in any way. They only own us in the sense that we suck, at the moment, and everyone owns us. Only difference is they are the only ones so obsessed they feel the need to brag about it everyday, trying to feel better about being, you know, Iowa

Has Iowa ever tried to duck a big name opponent? Genuine question and I don't know the answer.

That quote was from 3 years ago.
Yes it was - three years ago when these dopes (Moos and Frost) were belching up tough guy comments. I can only assume that bravado came from Moos knowing Nebraska would have a complete Frost team by the time they played. Now the fact Moos considered changing the game is because we have a complete Frost team.

Has Iowa ever tried to duck a big name opponent? Genuine question and I don't know the answer.

Have they ever scheduled one?

Seems their style is much more so to watch from home and talk shit on people actually playing. Moos got caught exploring rescheduling a game, but we do play these every year, Iowa never has and never will. The best thing to ever happen to Iowa is Nebraska being bad.

Without ought arguing about it Oklahoma wanted no part of having to play texass and Nebraska every year in the SAME Conference..
I'm a Sooner fan. You are correct. OU didn't want to do that. They were trying to win the Big 12 South and have a shot in the CCG. The difference is those were not scheduled games so OU didn't back out of anything.

We miss the series. The '71 game was a great game with two great teams. The Huskers beat a very good OU team that year in one of the most highly touted games of all time. (I won't lie, losing that game still hurts.) Reliving it in this anniversary game will be good for publicity and recruiting for both teams no matter what the final score turns out to be. It will be good for the Big Red, a reminder to the country as to who the Big Red is. The country needs a reminder and perhaps your AD does to. Sounds as though most of the fan base remembers.

You guys are right, backing out of this game would have been held over your program forever. It would have been a legitimate issue in recruiting for a long time. All those years there seemed to be a mutual respect both programs including their fan bases had for each other. I always pulled for you in bowl games and big non conference games. What happened to those? Those were so much fun. I loved it when you would whip Penn State or Ohio State or Florida's ass. (Maybe you guys didn't feel the same way? But I always felt the mutual respect was there even when OU struggled in the 90s.

Just my 2 cents. All this being said, I doubt your athletic department backs out. Good luck to our Husker friends!

Note: It was sweet how you guys pounded the crap out of Alabama and we did the same to Auburn in our bowl games that season. NU # 1, OU #2, Colorado #3. Those were good times in the Big 8. If you'll recall, the Big 8 won 17 straight non conference games against the Big 10. Iowa State even beat Ohio State in one of those, at least I recall they did.

Last edited:
I loved it when you would whip Ohio State ass.

Neb is 1-8 all time against Ohio State

there’s all kinds of grumbling because Neb is scheduled every once in a while to play OSU as a cross over

if neb could get out of the game they would

Neb is 1-8 all time against Ohio State

there’s all kinds of grumbling because Neb is scheduled every once in a while to play OSU as a cross over

if neb could get out of the game they would
Every once IN a while🙄..

No Ioway plays Ohio St every once in a while..
Nebraska played Ohio St every year since joining the conference except for 3 years..
End of story.

Is that you Kirk? You may want revisit all the ranked teams Nebraska played that year. I also see Nebraska played three major out of conference teams that year. Sorry your 01 Miami wasn’t voted best of all time.

I’ll let you have a moment to soak this all in, and then you can apologize for all the idiocy you just posted.
The 1995 team defeated 4 top 10 teams in the final rankings. To downplay that is ignorant at its best. WOW

Somehow, this seems similar to Frost hiding in a closet while a girl is being dragged down a flight of stairs by her hair.. similar lack of character from the same guy. Frost is an embarrassment to the University and the state yet again. Get these clowns out of here please!
You are a very unhappy, sick person

Reactions: scarletred
Every once IN a while🙄..

No Ioway plays Ohio St every once in a while..
Nebraska played Ohio St every year since joining the conference except for 3 years..
End of story.

when Neb was lobbying (ie begging) the big ten to take them, part of their sales pitch was the chance to add another blue blood program to the conference and how much more attractive the conference would be by regularly featuring Neb against the other blue bloods

the big ten in their deliberations made it clear that should Neb be allowed to join, it would mean they would be playing at least one or more other blue bloods more frequently than other teams in order to recoup (at least partially) the hit to basketball and academics the conference would take

Nebraska’s leadership, which included TO at the time, couldn’t sign an agreement fast enough

I think you got the worst of both worlds. Because you already got the bad press of wanting to pull out of the game, and then you're going to get your ass double kicked on TV for it too. And you know it will be brought up by the announcers during the game.

I think we have buffons either running or influencing the athletic department.

Reactions: bigboxes
ADVERTISEMENT