ADVERTISEMENT

Brett McMurphy tweet

I love all of you guys who do this macho crap. We'll play anyone, anywhere! Yeah, that really helps us now doesn't it.

Maybe I need to get testosterone shot, but I learned a long time ago that you shouldn't put your team in a position that sets them up for failure, because that's just what you're going to get.

Currently we are scheduled to play a schedule that includes Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa, and Wisconsin. We and the rest of the B10 teams have to play one more conference game than the ACC, SEC, or PAC-12. There is literally no room for a monster non-conference opponent under the current circumstances.

You can afford to have a killer NC game when you have 4 NC games. You can also afford to do it if you only have 3 but you're Ohio State. But you can't do it if you're Nebraska 2021.

Answer a serious question, what would be worse, the mocking of Nebraska after another blowout to a team like OU, or mocking because they altered their schedule to match where the program is right now and to have some additional revenue? The former is on our record forever. The latter is forgotten in a month. Even without OU, no one is going to be able to mock our SOS.

In 1995, the year we were supposedly the best team of all time, we played in the NC:

A horrible Michigan State team
An even worse Arizona State team
Pacific
Washington State

Then we played the power houses:

Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State
A horrible and disjointed OU team
The worst Iowa State team in 20 years
A bad Missouri team
Colorado

For God's sake, Colorado was the only good team we played all season that year until we saw Florida.

Yeah, we beat Florida bad in the bowl game and were we were the best team in the country, but our schedule was absolutely pathetic, but no one talks about that.

It's a needed move, IMO.

Is that you Kirk? You may want revisit all the ranked teams Nebraska played that year. I also see Nebraska played three major out of conference teams that year. Sorry your 01 Miami wasn’t voted best of all time.

I’ll let you have a moment to soak this all in, and then you can apologize for all the idiocy you just posted.

Last edited:
Whether this is true or not, remember Oklahoma backed out of playing us every year after the big 12 was formed.
No way, a Husker fan talking about the 90’s 🤪. Accept those days are gone and never coming back. It’s okay to be the new Minnesota that we always made fun of. Their NC is the 70’s that’s us today from our 90’s NC.

Reactions: Red I 73
No way, a Husker fan talking about the 90’s 🤪. Accept those days are gone and never coming back. It’s okay to be the new Minnesota that we always made fun of. Their NC is the 70’s that’s us today from our 90’s NC.

So sad all UCF has is a fake national title, and coaches that don’t want to be there.

Last edited:
Moos was not including the Sooners

“We’re gonna run that uptempo offense we saw (at the spring game), and we’re gonna get the Blackshirts back to being Blackshirts. And that’s extremely important,” Moos said. “You’ve got Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh thinking, ‘We better put a little more into that Nebraska game coming up.’ And that’s the way we want it. They’re running a little bit scared right now. And they won’t admit it. We’ll leave that at that.”

Hate the way it looks all you want, but I promise if I opened up a betting window for you all to slap down your mortgage on NU to win that game I'd stand there alone until closing time.

People act like this isn't a team that needs to improve to get to 6 wins. The only thing wrong with NU backing out of this game is they didn't do it sooner. NU needs to go to the Bill Snyder School of Scheduling and JUCO Recruiting for a while until they can become a consistent football team.

There has been a brutal coincidence of this team being incredibly young, low on depth and talent, and having difficult schedules. Those are career killers for head coaches and Frost will be about out of house money after one more season of dismal results and looking at the 2022 season potentially being his last.

We've already seen the nose start to dip down on recruiting, this team needs wins, period.

Maybe if their current team doesn't like it they could try beating more than 4 teams this year. GOOD, you should feel insulted and pissed off. Do something about it besides tweet "SMH" go accomplish something on a football field on a Saturday.

That's like the kid with pencil arms demanding you put 225 on the bar when he needs help off and a spot at 135.
That's some old-school Millard North
weight room $hit right there.

I love all of you guys who do this macho crap. We'll play anyone, anywhere! Yeah, that really helps us now doesn't it.

Maybe I need to get testosterone shot, but I learned a long time ago that you shouldn't put your team in a position that sets them up for failure, because that's just what you're going to get.

Currently we are scheduled to play a schedule that includes Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa, and Wisconsin. We and the rest of the B10 teams have to play one more conference game than the ACC, SEC, or PAC-12. There is literally no room for a monster non-conference opponent under the current circumstances.

You can afford to have a killer NC game when you have 4 NC games. You can also afford to do it if you only have 3 but you're Ohio State. But you can't do it if you're Nebraska 2021.

Answer a serious question, what would be worse, the mocking of Nebraska after another blowout to a team like OU, or mocking because they altered their schedule to match where the program is right now and to have some additional revenue? The former is on our record forever. The latter is forgotten in a month. Even without OU, no one is going to be able to mock our SOS.

In 1995, the year we were supposedly the best team of all time, we played in the NC:

Pacific
Washington State

Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State
A bad Missouri team
Colorado

For God's sake, Colorado was the only good team we played all season that year until we saw Florida.

Yeah, we beat Florida bad in the bowl game and were we were the best team in the country, but our schedule was absolutely pathetic, but no one talks about that.

It's a needed move, IMO.

Then you don't schedule OU in the first place. What you don't do is remove them from the schedule when they are on it.

Moos was not including the Sooners

“We’re gonna run that uptempo offense we saw (at the spring game), and we’re gonna get the Blackshirts back to being Blackshirts. And that’s extremely important,” Moos said. “You’ve got Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh thinking, ‘We better put a little more into that Nebraska game coming up.’ And that’s the way we want it. They’re running a little bit scared right now. And they won’t admit it. We’ll leave that at that.”

source.gif

That's not the analogy. OU isn't going to take our lunch money and pull our pants down every day until we play them.

The analogy is you've just turned pro as a boxer and need to decide if you should fight the #4 ranked guy or somebody much closer to your own skill and experience level.
Except it sounds like we're trying to match up with amateurs (a MAC school / Old Dominion).

Then you don't schedule OU in the first place. What you don't do is remove them from the schedule when they are on it.
I think the 9 game schedule happened after scheduling the OU game. We were scheduled to play Tennessee I think in 2012 and they backed out, no one got too upset at them.

I think the 9 game schedule happened after scheduling the OU game. We were scheduled to play Tennessee I think in 2012 and they backed out, no one got too upset at them.

But they ask us because they we’re going to play Virginia Tech to start the 2016 season at some huge car racing track..

Is that you Kirk? You may want revisit all the ranked teams Nebraska played that year. I also see Nebraska played three major out of conference teams that year. Sorry your 01 Miami wasn’t voted best of all time.

I’ll let you have a moment to soak this all in, and then you can apologize for all the idiocy you just posted.
01 Miami? I never said anything that disparaged the greatness of that team, I just pointed out that we didn't have a very tough schedule.

We played 3 ranked teams in the regular season, KSU, KU, and Colorado. I'll admit that KSU was better then I thought. Kansas had a good record, but they played a cream puff schedule except for us and Colorado. They were so "impressive" that they went 9-2 and got the Aloha Bowl. Florida had a really good offense and McBride was brilliant on how he defended it. But Florida's defense was absolutely horrible.

Our schedule year in and year out is much tougher now than in the 1990s. It' just a fact.

Pacific
Washington State

Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State
A bad Missouri team
Colorado

It's a needed move, IMO.

STOP IT with this REVISIONIST HISTORY! I swear some of y'all are fake Husker fans at best always trying degrade our last accomplishments just to placate the silly foolishness you back today. Basically cut your own nose off to spite your own face!

The 1995 Husker football, THE GREATEST TEAM OFF ALL TIME, played and beat 4 teams ranked in the Top 10 at the TIME WE PLAYED THEM! This included Colorado, Florida, K-State and Kansas and each one got beat by 23 points OR BETTER!!

As far as non conference games go they are scheduled sometimes 10-15 years in advance. The same way we perceive Oklahoma to be good next year they could just as easily been BAD. The point is you schedule non-conf games against Power 5 teams like we used to do 2-3 times EVERY year and see where you measure up at that time. Plus if we didn't suck our schedule wouldn't look so daunting!

Is this the insight you get when pay for membership? If that's the case we don't need the reprogramming. Now scurry on back to the pay board with all the other informed geniuses...

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
What?? Is he crazy?? We're gonna get killed!!!

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

I can't wait to see the reactions if (when) we get our a$$ handed to us in this game. The same people losing their minds over cancelling the game will be losing their minds over losing the game.

Honestly this entire drama is comical. I guess maybe it is good some people can still get so worked up about the Huskers. I just can't do it anymore.

Pacific
Washington State

Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State
A bad Missouri team
Colorado

It's a needed move, IMO.
How about having pride in playing the game? Your take is mentally weak. I’m glad you’re not in a position of leadership. And if you are, God help you. Who cares if we get blown out?
Also, you are historically off on your ‘95 season data.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Except it sounds like we're trying to match up with amateurs (a MAC school / Old Dominion).
A cursory review of the product NU has put on the field the last 5-10 years tells you we have a lot more in common with the MAC and Old Dominion than with playoff teams. So if the shoe fits...

The reality is I'm looking at that Buffalo game this fall and not super sure we can pencil that into the W column at a glance. If you magically put NU in the MAC this year and the bet was NU or the field, give me the field.

If NU wanted out of this game, it should have been done months ago. Waiting until 6 months before the game to cancel is lame, regardless who the opponent is. Gives the opponent very little time to find a replacement for you, as most schools already have their schedule set for next season. Just a very bad look all the way around.

01 Miami? I never said anything that disparaged the greatness of that team, I just pointed out that we didn't have a very tough schedule.

We played 3 ranked teams in the regular season, KSU, KU, and Colorado. I'll admit that KSU was better then I thought. Kansas had a good record, but they played a cream puff schedule except for us and Colorado. They were so "impressive" that they went 9-2 and got the Aloha Bowl. Florida had a really good offense and McBride was brilliant on how he defended it. But Florida's defense was absolutely horrible.

Our schedule year in and year out is much tougher now than in the 1990s. It' just a fact.

Please tell me the last time we played three teams ranked in the top ten in the same year? I’ll wait patiently oh wise one.

SIAP, but is this step to seek a 8th home game a reaction to what might be being discussed behind the scenes that the conference will possibly limit attendance in the fall??

it's not a tough choice. this is not an athletic dept on the brink of bankruptcy. they're staring down the barrel of a GIANT payday when OU comes to town in '22, and potentially forfeiting that for a near-term (and uber-lame) money grab in '21.

only nutless dorks like @TheBeav815 could even attempt to argue for this. if he didn't already ignore me, he certainly would after today.
I'm in Des Moines. 1460 is playing Frost's "we will play anyone anywhere" speech over and over and laughing. Saying this is Moos's way of guaranteeing a victory for Scott so the hire doesn't look so bad. Perception is everything. As a Husker fan a loss to OU would make me feel a lot better than a win against a MAC team and "doing it in the name of local and Athletic Dept. economics".
Not very proud of Moos today.

Pacific
Washington State

Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State
A bad Missouri team
Colorado

It's a needed move, IMO.

Garbage take.

Michigan State was a confident team headed by a guy named NICK SABAN

Arizona State had enough talent on that squad to NEARLY WIN THE NATIONAL TITLE the next season, not to mention shut out Scott Frost in the desert snapping NU's two year unbeaten streak.

Washington State was talking trash in the week leading up to that game because they thought they could win...and then they actually did play NU closer than any other team that year

What a god awful take. The other bad memory issues were covered by other posters.

I am, and have been, in the Pro-Frost party. But if this trash is true and it comes to fruition, consider me done with him. I don't think I'd be the only one in this situation either. Why on earth would he be on board with this? He'd never recover from it.
I resemble this remark. If true, not sure how I’ll support current admin/program. Would love to hear the other side, if there is one, and why we would do this.

Garbage take.

Michigan State was a confident team headed by a guy named NICK SABAN

Arizona State had enough talent on that squad to NEARLY WIN THE NATIONAL TITLE the next season, not to mention shut out Scott Frost in the desert snapping NU's two year unbeaten streak.

Washington State was talking trash in the week leading up to that game because they thought they could win...and then they actually did play NU closer than any other team that year

What a god awful take. The other bad memory issues were covered by other posters.

Not to mention 2 years later Washington State led by Ryan Leaf was ranked in the Top 5 and played Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

The revisionist history by some "Husker fans" is so bad....

About an hour ago, college football insider Brett McMurphy tweeted that Nebraska is trying to get out of the September 18 game at Oklahoma. If this is true, and if the Huskers duck out of this game (scheduled to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century), NU will officially be the biggest wussies in the CFB universe. The flogging from the national media will be brutal and well deserved.
Yep, I’m sure, Nebraska tried to duck Oklahoma...Couldn’t be they were trying to schedule more games to make up some $ lost during last year....

A cursory review of the product NU has put on the field the last 5-10 years tells you we have a lot more in common with the MAC and Old Dominion than with playoff teams. So if the shoe fits...

The reality is I'm looking at that Buffalo game this fall and not super sure we can pencil that into the W column at a glance. If you magically put NU in the MAC this year and the bet was NU or the field, give me the field.
If that's the case then the boxer analogy wasn't a good one though.

EDIT: Basically we turned pro, but we don't fight other pro's as our level is still amateur....?

I'm in Des Moines. 1460 is playing Frost's "we will play anyone anywhere" speech over and over and laughing. Saying this is Moos's way of guaranteeing a victory for Scott so the hire doesn't look so bad. Perception is everything. As a Husker fan a loss to OU would make me feel a lot better than a win against a MAC team and "doing it in the name of local and Athletic Dept. economics".
Not very proud of Moos today.

This is why we’re having grips with, what is the point of not playing the Oklahoma game if we lose we lose, but beating a MAC team knowing you canceled this game is‘n’t going to bring anyone into the stadium makings economic impact..

people (idiots) will say to recoup money, while completely ignoring the financial windfall the '22 OU game in Lincoln will bring.

I think it's because we want to try to manufacture 6 wins as a mirage of progress, when, in fact, we'll suck again behind our dogsh*t QB and coach while moos continues to do this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Even if we back out of this game (lame), we still may not win 6. Has Frost made any progress on anything? If anything, it looks like we've been going backwards.

That reasoning forces me to wonder where the benefits of getting destroyed by Stoops' OU teams went, or how we measure the upside of the recent drubbings against the Buckeyes.

An interesting discussion would be whether there's any such thing as "long term" any more in CFB with transfers, recruiting, and the coaching carousel moving at the speed they do.

I don't disagree that at some point you gotta beat the man to be the man. But let's bear in mind that NU does not lack access to better teams. If Nebraska was in the MAC and getting shunned from the playoff despite an elite winning % I would for sure say you gotta schedule big dogs for every non-con game.

As it is, you can make a case that around 10-12 teams in our own conference are better teams than Nebraska right now. So IMO it benefits them a lot more to beat somebody and make some money with an easier home opponent than it does to get wrecked by Oklahoma.

I think the program is in much more dire need of some notches in the W column right now than it is tilts against playoff teams. We're still in search of "beat the teams you should beat" levels of football.

Then fire Frost. It's year 4. Enough with the excuses. It's all his team now.

ADVERTISEMENT