ADVERTISEMENT

Brett McMurphy tweet

Cedric

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 20, 2001
About an hour ago, college football insider Brett McMurphy tweeted that Nebraska is trying to get out of the September 18 game at Oklahoma. If this is true, and if the Huskers duck out of this game (scheduled to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century), NU will officially be the biggest wussies in the CFB universe. The flogging from the national media will be brutal and well deserved.

Hate the way it looks all you want, but I promise if I opened up a betting window for you all to slap down your mortgage on NU to win that game I'd stand there alone until closing time.

People act like this isn't a team that needs to improve to get to 6 wins. The only thing wrong with NU backing out of this game is they didn't do it sooner. NU needs to go to the Bill Snyder School of Scheduling and JUCO Recruiting for a while until they can become a consistent football team.

There has been a brutal coincidence of this team being incredibly young, low on depth and talent, and having difficult schedules. Those are career killers for head coaches and Frost will be about out of house money after one more season of dismal results and looking at the 2022 season potentially being his last.

We've already seen the nose start to dip down on recruiting, this team needs wins, period.

Hate the way it looks all you want, but I promise if I opened up a betting window for you all to slap down your mortgage on NU to win that game I'd stand there alone until closing time.

People act like this isn't a team that needs to improve to get to 6 wins. The only thing wrong with NU backing out of this game is they didn't do it sooner. NU needs to go to the Bill Snyder School of Scheduling and JUCO Recruiting for a while until they can become a consistent football team.

There has been a brutal coincidence of this team being incredibly young, low on depth and talent, and having difficult schedules. Those are career killers for head coaches and Frost will be about out of house money after one more season of dismal results and looking at the 2022 season potentially being his last.

We've already seen the nose start to dip down on recruiting, this team needs wins, period.

tough situation

does an extra win getting to 6 or 7 with the negative national and LOCAL reaction to backing out of a high profile game boost recruiting more that losing to OU and winning 5-6 games instead

there is less and less "street-cred" for a recruit to commit to Neb - sometimes it is accompanied by a suppressed chortle

not sure backing out of a big game to get an easy win does more or less to perpetuate the national stigma

Last edited:
Why are we doing this? Is there another reason other than we’re trying to avoid taking an L?
people (idiots) will say to recoup money, while completely ignoring the financial windfall the '22 OU game in Lincoln will bring.

I think it's because we want to try to manufacture 6 wins as a mirage of progress, when, in fact, we'll suck again behind our dogsh*t QB and coach while moos continues to do this:

maxresdefault.jpg

About an hour ago, college football insider Brett McMurphy tweeted that Nebraska is trying to get out of the September 18 game at Oklahoma. If this is true, and if the Huskers duck out of this game (scheduled to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century), NU will officially be the biggest wussies in the CFB universe. The flogging from the national media will be brutal and well deserved.
A flogging from the national media is the least of our worries. Our team is has been averaging about four wins a season since Obama left the White House. Go ahead and drop the game, but will Husker fans be excited about paying all of that extra money to go to an extra home game against the worst substitute opponent Bill Moos can find?

Well let's wait and see if this is true first. I will say that the Frost/Moos excuse makers are mighty silent right now figuring out which excuse they want to make about this not only being a good idea, but why they didn't suggest this sooner.

I'm guessing once they have their group meeting today we will start hearing their talking points.....

Then get a better head coach if you actually want to win some games. This is pathetic.

Well let's wait and see if this is true first. I will say that the Frost/Moos excuse makers are mighty silent right now figuring out which excuse they want to make about this not only being a good idea, but why they didn't suggest this sooner.

I'm guessing once they have their group meeting today we will start hearing their talking points.....
the crickets coming from the athletic dept are deafening

i have no doubt it's true, driven by cowardice and covered up by dollars

I have never been so embarrassed by a bad on-field loss as I am right now

perhaps this was a "test balloon" and seeing the reaction the athletic department will come out and say we never had any intention of altering the schedule and we look forward to seeing OU in Norman on Sept 18

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
perhaps this was a "test balloon" and seeing the reaction the athletic department will come out and say we never had any intention of altering the schedule and we look forward to seeing OU in Norman on Sept 18

My guess is....and this is assuming the Tweet was real....then my guess is we made some calls and it's on record now...we better not pull that crap only to have an AD somewhere say "Then why did you call us and ask about it"...that would look even worse. Now that I think about it, I would expect it from these guys.

Somehow, this seems similar to Frost hiding in a closet while a girl is being dragged down a flight of stairs by her hair.. similar lack of character from the same guy. Frost is an embarrassment to the University and the state yet again. Get these clowns out of here please!

tough situation

does an extra win getting to 6 or 7 with the negative national and LOCAL reaction to backing out of a high profile game boost recruiting more that losing to OU and winning 5-6 games instead

there is less and less "street-cred" for a recruit to commit to Neb - sometimes it is accompanied by a suppressed chortle

not sure backing out of a big game to get an easy win does more or less to perpetuate the national stigma
What does losing said big game by 20+ do for our cred?

as I said - tough situation

I think backing out of a big game gives opposing programs a narrative about being "afraid to play - cowards"- etc, etc that can be alluded to for years versus losing a game to a highly ranked opponent even if boat raced

what' worse , being blown out by 35 points or being called cowards + making an extra $5-6 million?

as I said - tough situation

I think backing out of a big game gives opposing programs a narrative about being "afraid to play - cowards"- etc, etc that can be alluded to for years versus losing a game to a highly ranked opponent even if boat raced
it's not a tough choice. this is not an athletic dept on the brink of bankruptcy. they're staring down the barrel of a GIANT payday when OU comes to town in '22, and potentially forfeiting that for a near-term (and uber-lame) money grab in '21.

only nutless dorks like @TheBeav815 could even attempt to argue for this. if he didn't already ignore me, he certainly would after today.

it's not a tough choice. this is not an athletic dept on the brink of bankruptcy. they're staring down the barrel of a GIANT payday when OU comes to town in '22, and potentially forfeiting that for a near-term (and uber-lame) money grab in '21.

only nutless dorks like @TheBeav815 could even attempt to argue for this. if he didn't already ignore me, he certainly would after today.

Not to mention it will be tough to schedule any future big time non-Conf opponents going forward. Maybe we’ll just load up on cupcakes Kstate style and call it a day.

ADVERTISEMENT