ADVERTISEMENT

Brett McMurphy: "Kevin Warren Jumped the Gun"

John_J_Rambo

Offensive Coordinator
Jan 10, 2020

I'm sure Ronnie Green was trying to save face on behalf of his peers and the conference, but right now, he's the only one saying the B1G presidents voted.

the show just keeps getting shittier for the so-called figurehead of this league. I feel bad for every single player, coach, employee and AD who aren't allowed to work/do what they love because of what seems more and more like the work of one man and his agenda.

glad that some if these numbskulls have started to figure it out, but am i going to read any national media article about their sudden clarity, now?
lets just say, ill save my clicks for better clickbait than that.

If it was 12-2, would YOU want to come out and say you voted no right now. With all the controversy and all? Green voted yes, and isn’t going to hide it

Reactions: TheBeav815
If it was 12-2, would YOU want to come out and say you voted no right now. With all the controversy and all? Green voted yes, and isn’t going to hide it

I don’t think people are getting it. There was no vote because the B1G doesn’t vote unless it’s 14-0. They don’t officially vote until everyone is on board. If 12 teams to 2 where for for canceling, it was still on the table for discussion until they can flip the final 2 schools or they flip. But the problem is Warner jumped the gun and decided the conference wasn’t going to do business as usually and made the decision based on majority views and not unified views.

That’s why I believe we are hearing why Presidents of schools are acting this way. It wasn’t business as usual. Warner made a hasty decision after having 5 months to prep. Awful leadership and against B1G’s MO

I don’t think people are getting it. There was no vote because the B1G doesn’t vote unless it’s 14-0. They don’t officially vote until everyone is on board. If 12 teams to 2 where for for canceling, it was still on the table for discussion until they can flip the final 2 schools or they flip. But the problem is Warner jumped the gun and decided the conference wasn’t going to do business as usually and made the decision based on majority views and not unified views.

That’s why I believe we are hearing why Presidents of schools are acting this way. It wasn’t business as usual. Warner made a hasty decision after having 5 months to prep. Awful leadership and against B1G’s MO
that's what it sounds like to me, too. good summary.

Reactions: bshirt73
Why doesn't every president and AD get on a private plane and convene in Indy for 2 days to hash this out? They clearly botched it the first time.

Also, does everyone understand it's Warren, not Warner?

Reactions: Crazyhole
He’s screwed
Maybe, his public communications and lack of transparency during this episode have been insufficient IMO.

OTOH, if Warren is the willing punching bag for the presidents, it will likely work in his favor in terms of retention. It seems to me that the "will not be revisited" statement in his public letter surely must have had the presidents' sign-off.

Almost all the gunfire for the decision to postpone is being exclusively directed at Warren. For the most part, the respective university presidents have avoided the heat. Whether planned or by accident, I guess we'll find out when full story is reported.

So where is the "Freedom of Information" lawsuit to find out what actually took place? Is it still happening or was that just so much bluster?

Reactions: bshirt73
Do we really even care who made the decision anymore or how it came about?? All I know is we ain't playing football this season and that sucks
Judging by the volume of reporting on this subject and the fan generated interest, I'd say the answer right now is "yes".

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Warren and everyone of the Presidents and Chancellors who voted no and have hid behind Warren are going to look terrible as cases and deaths continue to fall.

The Big 10 and everyone associated with it is going to look terrible every Saturday where the other conferences are playing.

It sucks and they suck.

Except death numbers have jumped again the last couple of days. Cases have dropped some percentage points but deaths have doubled.

Except death numbers have jumped again the last couple of days. Cases have dropped some percentage points but deaths have doubled.
That's clearly has to do with when states report their deaths. If you look at the trends, the middle of the week always shows the highest number of deaths, and the two days before that are always very low. It's been that way for weeks. Look at the 7 day trends-not one day changes. The 7 day trend in deaths is trending slightly downward.

When does Frost get an apology from National media wind bags that torched him? He mostly stood alone and got blasted and more and more people are realizing he was right. Just wait until October when we are several games into the successful season for the other conferences and how that’s going to feel!

ADVERTISEMENT