ADVERTISEMENT

Breanna Stewart leaving Storm for Liberty

Didn’t know there was such a thing in the WNBA unless it was that the NBA pulled the $$$ they give to keep the league afloat
Yeah the WNBA shouldn't exist. It loses money every year. It has now been around for 25 years. I get maybe subsidizing it for a short time to try and support its early days as it builds an audience, but after 25 years if your league can't get an audience, you shouldn't support it anymore

Yeah the WNBA shouldn't exist. It loses money every year. It has now been around for 25 years. I get maybe subsidizing it for a short time to try and support its early days as it builds an audience, but after 25 years if your league can't get an audience, you shouldn't support it anymore
One of the reasons supposedly that Stewart left Seattle is the NY charters flights for their road games. NY was fined $500,000 last year by the league for using charters. Other WNBA stars have also been grumbling about having to fly commercial. So the league never has made a penny. In fact lost millions and now players want the owners to spend even more money on charter flights? This proves the players have lost all sense of reality.

I think 3 or 4 women are listed as the owners of the Seattle Storm. What exactly do these owners own? It seems to me all they do is take subsidized money from the NBA. If the NBA ever pulled their support of the WNBA it would fold before end of the day.

I have no factual knowledge of this but I have heard that when the Seattle Storm reports they have 8000 in attendance to a game that well less than half the tickets are bought at full price. That most are heavily discounted or given away. Makes me wonder what the true attendance figures would be for the league if the vast majority of tickets buyers had to pay full price. I think it would go from dismal to pathetic.

Who has gone to a WNBA game? I check the “NO” box. Who has watched an entire WNBA game on ESPN? Again “N0” for me and I go to girl’s high school games, go to our local CC games and I watch women’s college games on TV.

One of the reasons supposedly that Stewart left Seattle is the NY charters flights for their road games. NY was fined $500,000 last year by the league for using charters. Other WNBA stars have also been grumbling about having to fly commercial. So the league never has made a penny. In fact lost millions and now players want the owners to spend even more money on charter flights? This proves the players have lost all sense of reality.

I think 3 or 4 women are listed as the owners of the Seattle Storm. What exactly do these owners own? It seems to me all they do is take subsidized money from the NBA. If the NBA ever pulled their support of the WNBA it would fold before end of the day.

I have no factual knowledge of this but I have heard that when the Seattle Storm reports they have 8000 in attendance to a game that well less than half the tickets are bought at full price. That most are heavily discounted or given away. Makes me wonder what the true attendance figures would be for the league if the vast majority of tickets buyers had to pay full price. I think it would go from dismal to pathetic.

Who has gone to a WNBA game? I check the “NO” box. Who has watched an entire WNBA game on ESPN? Again “N0” for me and I go to girl’s high school games, go to our local CC games and I watch women’s college games on TV.
Great post and insight into the wnba. Who do you think wins it?

Last Sunday after Duke women's team was beaten by Florida State......

"My assistant coach, Winston Gandy, went to the table to look at the ball. And when he went to the table to look at the ball, he realized it was a men’s ball. And we had played the first half with a men’s ball."

"It’s been very frustrating that at this level of basketball, that a mistake like that happens that could have impacted the outcome of the game," Lawson continued. "Let me be clear: Florida State beat us. They beat us playing with a men’s ball in the first half and a women’s ball in the second half.

Lawson said the Atlantic Coast Conference would not allow her to appeal and protest the game but did say that new rules have been implemented requiring captains from both teams to confirm the correct ball is being used before the game.

Last Sunday after Duke women's team was beaten by Florida State......

"My assistant coach, Winston Gandy, went to the table to look at the ball. And when he went to the table to look at the ball, he realized it was a men’s ball. And we had played the first half with a men’s ball."

"It’s been very frustrating that at this level of basketball, that a mistake like that happens that could have impacted the outcome of the game," Lawson continued. "Let me be clear: Florida State beat us. They beat us playing with a men’s ball in the first half and a women’s ball in the second half.

Lawson said the Atlantic Coast Conference would not allow her to appeal and protest the game but did say that new rules have been implemented requiring captains from both teams to confirm the correct ball is being used before the game.
Deflategate now this?

Reactions: baseball31ne
Big news in Seattle. She won 2 championships while in Seattle - maybe she's leaving because Sue Bird retired?

BTW for not caring about this thread, a lot of you sure seemed to want to comment on it.

Speaking of Seattle - the Seattle Sounders will be the first MLS team to participate in the club World Cup on Saturday.

I'm sure many of you will also want to say how much you don't care about soccer by further commenting on that.
Decent turnout at the Armory today…

Go Sounders!

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
Kinda funny how people aggrandize JV players. JV basketball is literally the worst thing in the world. Those sluts can pass and shoot…JV turds can’t.

Any WNBA team would slaughter any JV boys basketball team….and the WNBA is AWFUL.

ADVERTISEMENT