ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News...The End of the Kansas City Chiefs

Wait I thought the mahomes contract meant they couldn’t sign another above average player for the next decade? Or you’re telling me the chiefs front office know more about contract structure and the salary cap than random message board posters?

Wait I thought the mahomes contract meant they couldn’t sign another above average player for the next decade? Or you’re telling me the chiefs front office know more about contract structure and the salary cap than random message board posters?
How many Broncos hacks end up in these Chiefs threads? Elway is great, pry keep him around for a while longer.

The name will change in due time along with the Stadiums name both are very offensive to native Americans.

The name will change in due time along with the Stadiums name both are very offensive to native Americans.

I doubt the name will change. Imagery maybe, but unlike the Redskins you could easily use different imagery and keep the name. The Peoria Chiefs (local minor leagur team) switched over to firefighting based imagery and it has worked well for them.

I doubt the name will change. Imagery maybe, but unlike the Redskins you could easily use different imagery and keep the name. The Peoria Chiefs (local minor leagur team) switched over to firefighting based imagery and it has worked well for them.

Chiefs -the Indian riding the horse around the stadium- Arrowhead itself all must go and be replaced.

Reactions: bboyhard
Chiefs -the Indian riding the horse around the stadium- Arrowhead itself all must go and be replaced.

What I'm was saying is it is possible to change imagery (and a stadium name I guess) without changing the name. Peoria Chiefs that I mentioned did it, University of Illinois did it with the Fighting Illini as well. Lots of high schools with the Warrior as a mascot have too. The Redskins are kind of an outlier in that theres no other way you can really go with it. Cleveland Indians and Atlanta Braves are kind of in the same boat. I have a coworker who is of Choctaw/Chippewa descent, and she actually thinks the Chief Wahoo of the Indians is the worst of the 3.

There is nothing exclusively native american about an arrowhead. Call them the K.C. Arrowheads. Of course, that sounds close to the Airheads, which would call for a big ass platinum blonde with a beehive hairdo and a Marlboro light hanging our of her mouth for a logo. The Kansas City Bar-B-Que. Chicken leg on the side of the helmet, or the whole chicken, as in Foghorn Leghorn. I'm bored.

There is nothing exclusively native american about an arrowhead. Call them the K.C. Arrowheads. Of course, that sounds close to the Airheads, which would call for a big ass platinum blonde with a beehive hairdo and a Marlboro light hanging our of her mouth for a logo. The Kansas City Bar-B-Que. Chicken leg on the side of the helmet, or the whole chicken, as in Foghorn Leghorn. I'm bored.

Uh, chicken is one of the last meats I think of when BBQing. Pig or cow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT