ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: New NCAA Rule Passed

Stop the presses for nothing...

seriously thanks for nothing...

Your post was about nothing...

I got zero out of this thread...

Should have 0 impact on the game, unless the player wearing the number is really good.

ccle328l1iq21.jpg

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
Should just automatically be the starting punter’s number for every single team before some dipsh!t teenager thinks it’s cool.

Also players will no longer have to leave the field after a targeting penalty
I read that this is a recommendation by the NCAA Football Rules Committee and it will be considered for adoption by the NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel in April. Also the recommendation is to allow a player to be on the sideline after being flagged for targeting rather than going to the locker room. But the player would still be ejected from the game - and for the first half of the next game if the penalty is called in the second half of a game.

Last edited:
Can’t wait till they combine numbers with letters. Look like dirt track racing out there. 37B with the tackle
As someone who takes stats, I'm all for something that reduces the chances of duplicate numbers in football. But that would be ridiculous. Numbers and letters together?!

Can’t wait till they combine numbers with letters. Look like dirt track racing out there. 37B with the tackle
Always love when a local guy has to slap on duct tape in the shape of whatever letter because the outlaws are in town and they get number priority:D

Jim Otto, who played center for the Oakland Raiders way back when, wore "00". I don't think you can use that number in the NFL any more.
Otto was a very good player. So was Ken Burrough, a longtime WR for the Oilers who wore 00. Don’t remember any others.

Jim Otto, who played center for the Oakland Raiders way back when, wore "00". I don't think you can use that number in the NFL any more.
The quickest off the snap and had the finest technique playing center in the NFL in my opinion. Otto got to the DLineman's hips in the blink of an eye. That is back when linemen looked like athletes. Too many in today's game look like balloons. No question, today's 310+ pounders are more effective, but they really look like hell when compared to Otto or a Jerry Kramer or EJ Holub.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT