ADVERTISEMENT

Bray Gonna Get Paid

As he should. We've got some really good recruiters and some really bad ones.

Pay Keith Williams and Bray a certain Salary, Then the rest a lower teir and then let Davis go becasue he aint doing nothing !

As stated, Fumbles went down significantly - on field production and ypc was pretty solid considering we went from Ameer Abdullah to Newby, Cross and Ozigbo.

Identified and got Ozigbo. Got Bryant. Guy has pulled solid talent both years (say what you want about Ozigbos ranking out of high school but the kid is a player).

So on field production is solid and he has recruited a talented kid both years.

I'm trying to find the problem here. Put down the pitchforks and take another look at the results.

What is Davis' deal? I'm out of the loop on him, but I agree it doesn't sound like he does much.

There is no deal on him. Our fans are stupid.

He landed the Missouri 6A Player of the Year in Tre Bryant, a consensus 4-Star RB on every site but Rivals. He also was the chief recruiter of Devine Ozigbho last season, who will likely start 30+ games in his career at Nebraska....

But yeah, he isn't "doing much."

I guess if you want to blame him because Cross runs a 4.7 forty, or Newby can't break a tackle, or because Wilbon can't keep his nose clean off the field, then yes, Davis is clearly not living up to expectations.

There is no deal on him. Our fans are stupid.

He landed the Missouri 6A Player of the Year in Tre Bryant, a consensus 4-Star RB on every site but Rivals. He also was the chief recruiter of Devine Ozigbho last season, who will likely start 30+ games in his career at Nebraska....

But yeah, he isn't "doing much."

I guess if you want to blame him because Cross runs a 4.7 forty, or Newby can't break a tackle, or because Wilbon can't keep his nose clean off the field, then yes, Davis is clearly not living up to expectations.

Didn't blame anyone. As a person who doesn't live in Nebraska anymore I barely hear any talk about him coming out of the ranks, and to me it doesn't really seem like he is doing much because there is no much conversation around him. If what you stated is the case, there is my answer. He's not as talked about as Dr. Route or Bray.

Didn't blame anyone. As a person who doesn't live in Nebraska anymore I barely hear any talk about him coming out of the ranks, and to me it doesn't really seem like he is doing much because there is no much conversation around him. If what you stated is the case, there is my answer. He's not as talked about as Dr. Route or Bray.

I generally agree the other positive post above by Cornicator.

Davis is not a "rockstar" name like Bray. He seems to do quite a bit of legwork though. If you trace his activity through the tweets and recruiting maps, he's often the "advance team" in areas we are going to camp or visit soon (Houston seems to be a 2nd home for him). He does not seem to fulfill the role of closer or lead recruiter in a lot of instances though.

On the field, I have no complaints about him, fumbles are way down after being an issue for years, and you can see in the young backs that they aren't being led astray. I thought Imani looked his best this year, but that can't be solely attributed to Davis, obviously he's had the benefit of age and experience and other coaching.

I think Davis has a couple sets of twins at home, but I've not seen him "slack off" when they are talking about the staff going out to spread the Red. In any case, he's more of the head down get things done type of worker than some kind of showboat.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I generally agree the other positive post above by Cornicator.

Davis is not a "rockstar" name like Bray. He seems to do quite a bit of legwork though. If you trace his activity through the tweets and recruiting maps, he's often the "advance team" in areas we are going to camp or visit soon (Houston seems to be a 2nd home for him). He does not seem to fulfill the role of closer or lead recruiter in a lot of instances though.

On the field, I have no complaints about him, fumbles are way down after being an issue for years, and you can see in the young backs that they aren't being led astray. I thought Imani looked his best this year, but that can't be solely attributed to Davis, obviously he's had the benefit of age and experience and other coaching.

I think Davis has a couple sets of twins at home, but I've not seen him "slack off" when they are talking about the staff going out to spread the Red. In any case, he's more of the head down get things done type of worker than some kind of showboat.

Its also worth bearing in mind that it is unlikely that Davis is a "clown". This time last year we were crowing how Davis chose to work with Riley over Harbaugh.

You can fairly well bet that Jim Harbaugh wasn't going to have a guy on staff with the Niners or at UM who isn't worthy of the position.

No way Riley is going to tell someone on his staff, "You're fired." I don't see it happening. Also cannot see any coaching getting ousted unless in trouble with the law, or if that position coach's group significantly retrogresses, or if one of them takes another job. But hell yes, pay Bray!

Reactions: ssmill777
Should grab $250K/yr from Read's contract and call it even

Nobody should give one shit about how much coaches make at Nebraska. If Riley is down with it, and SE is down with it, and we have the money for it (which we do), then pay them whatever the hell you want. Money is never going to be a problem with hiring/keeping coaches. End of story.

How about we let HCMR make these decisions?
Nonsense. We have to pay the head coach more, and then whine when assistants don't get raises when they suck. That's the "Nebraska" way.

I don't know if Davis is doing a good job or not, but I take into consideration although fumbles are down, which obviously is good, carries are also down along with option read pitches!

I don't know if Davis is doing a good job or not, but I take into consideration although fumbles are down, which obviously is good, carries are also down along with option read pitches!
That has nothing to do with Davis. Our production this year was pretty good when we committed to the run. The problem most of the year was much higher up the food chain. Get off Davis' back.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
P.S. Give Bray credit. I didn't think much of his hire but he has proved to be our best position coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT