ADVERTISEMENT

Braxton Clark Out For Season

That sucks. Clark was going to play a ton. He may be the best CB on the team and now it may be tougher to move Bootle and/or Taylor-Britt inside to Nickel.

That sucks. Clark was going to play a ton. He may be the best CB on the team and now it may be tougher to move Bootle and/or Taylor-Britt inside to Nickel.

we still have Q Newsome, N Joseph and the two young bucks (Delancy and Lynum) that have been impressed so far this offseason. Still sucks about Clark, he was a having a great offseason thus far. And Noa PolaGates can definitely help at Nickle. He’s a safety and CB combo.

Our DBs are made of tissue paper...Pola Gates, Newsome, Williams are also coming off injuries.

Another shoulder injury. Hope he heals up well and quick! Those injuries suck. I merely had a strained rotator cuff and it's almost impossible to find a way to sleep.

Didn't he get hurt at a team activity, outside of football? Riding an ATV or something?

that has to be it. As far as I can remember he’s never been hurt with or during anything football related. That whole thing was a mess, before it wasn’t him, then it was him and then I heard he wasn’t hurt. But on 24/7 just now, it was talking about Newsome’s offseason injury....so yeah 🤦‍♂️

If he hurt his shoulder laying a hit, he may be a little gunshy going forward. Not a good position to lack confidence or conviction. Hope he gets back on track.

If he hurt his shoulder laying a hit, he may be a little gunshy going forward. Not a good position to lack confidence or conviction. Hope he gets back on track.

Well, I don't know what happened so I am not sure who should shoulder the blame.

From Sean Callahan’s article on the home page of Huskersonline.com

“Braxton Clark was having a really good offseason as a defensive back for us, was going to be a contributor,” Frost said. “He was doing a pre-practice – not even that violent of a drill – and had a shoulder issue that’ll probably keep him out the rest of this season…”

“Obviously, it’s heartbreaking any time someone has a season-ending injury, and we feel for Braxton.”

Sean Callahan’s report

I think that's a stretch to say he's the best CB on the team. Sucks for Clark, but it's kind of good that this happened at a position with a lot of depth.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I think that's a stretch to say he's the best CB on the team. Sucks for Clark, but it's kind of good that this happened at a position with a lot of depth.
I don’t think it’s a stretch,I think he has looked very good when he had played and that CTB and Bootle aren’t really true corners, but that’s just my opinion. I hope you are right about us having depth at CB, hopefully Joseph is ready to contribute right away and Newsome is healthy.

I don’t think it’s a stretch,I think he has looked very good when he had played and that CTB and Bootle aren’t really true corners, but that’s just my opinion. I hope you are right about us having depth at CB, hopefully Joseph is ready to contribute right away and Newsome is healthy.

Its hard for me to say D Bootle isn’t a true CB with this....

“he is one of the leading players in the nation in forced incompletion rate.

According to a stat put out by Pro Football Focus, Bootle ranks third in the country in forced incompletion percentage since 2018. Bootle checks in at 22.6 percent, which only trails Georgia’s Eric Stokes at 24.7 percent and Florida State’s Asante Samuel at 24.8 percent.”

“PFF tallies forced incompletion percentage by taking all forced incompletions (pass breakups, interceptions, tight coverage) and dividing them by total targets.”

Here’s how Bootle grades out via PFF vs the other DBs in the BIG 10

Cornerback

Coney Durr, Minnesota – 79.8
Tariq Castro-Fields, Penn State – 77.2
Marcelino Ball, Indiana – 76.6
Dicaprio Bootle, Nebraska – 76.6
Ambry Thomas, Michigan – 76.2

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr
Bootle is as true of an outside corner as it gets. I don't want him playing in the safety or nickel spot because he can't tackle. He does have pretty good coverage skills and good speed, so outside corner is his spot.

Bootle is as true of an outside corner as it gets. I don't want him playing in the safety or nickel spot because he can't tackle. He does have pretty good coverage skills and good speed, so outside corner is his spot.
cept he never turns around. any team that can throw the back shoulder pass has eaten him up. if he learns to turn on a ball he looks like a early round pick to me, if he dosent then teams will take more advantage of him

Reactions: oldjar07
cept he never turns around. any team that can throw the back shoulder pass has eaten him up. if he learns to turn on a ball he looks like a early round pick to me, if he dosent then teams will take more advantage of him

I honestly hope they throw it at him every game. He doesn’t have the 3rd best forced incompletion percentage in the entire country because he’s bad at covering WRs. His only knock is getting INTs. That’s one area we all hope he corrects. Everything else...he’s as good as it get when it comes to covering a WR.

I honestly hope they throw it at him every game. He doesn’t have the 3rd best forced incompletion percentage in the entire country because he’s bad at covering WRs. His only knock is getting INTs. That’s one area we all hope he corrects. Everything else...he’s as good as it get when it comes to covering a WR.
the last half of 2019 he was owned and picked on because he wouldnt/couldnt turn around. lamar became the guy they wouldnt throw to and if they did he'd make em pay

the last half of 2019 he was owned and picked on because he wouldnt/couldnt turn around. lamar became the guy they wouldnt throw to and if they did he'd make em pay

I think we definitely seen the game differently then. Bootle has been beat, there’s no way around that, all CBs in college football do but you don’t get this stat because your beat all the time. If he was, he wouldn’t be ranked top 3 in the country....Just saying....but I agree, if he turns around more, he’d add INTs with these other stats

Reactions: huntered
I think we definitely seen the game differently then. Bootle has been beat, there’s no way around that, all CBs in college football do but you don’t get this stat because your beat all the time. If he was, he wouldn’t be ranked top 3 in the country....Just saying....but I agree, if he turns around more, he’d add INTs with these other stats

just saying if he turns on just half of those balls he goes from a good college cb to a great one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT