ADVERTISEMENT

Brand Value

West Virginia and Iowa…

Q7N.gif

How exactly do you estimate the number of fans across the country for each team??

Just waiting for someone to tell us 19 reasons this can’t be true.

And my money is on that person being a Nebraska fan.
Do you have any critical thinking skills whatsoever, or do you just believe everything someone tells you? That Iowa and West Virginia are in the top 10 on this list and Notre Dame and Texas are nowhere to be found means this list is a very poor representation of true brand equity. Those are two pretty glaring errors that casts doubt on their entire analysis.

Do you have any critical thinking skills whatsoever, or do you just believe everything someone tells you? That Iowa and West Virginia are in the top 10 on this list and Notre Dame and Texas are nowhere to be found means this list is a very poor representation of true brand equity. Those are two pretty glaring errors that casts doubt on their entire analysis.
And here, ladies and gentlemen, is our first contestant (husker fan) telling us this can’t be true. And it happened in fewer than 15 posts.

Damn, I’m good!

Seriously, though, what in my initial post led you to believe I agreed with the initial post? Use critical thinking now… all I said was someone (a husker fan, no less) would crap on it, and then you came along.

I never once said I agreed or disagreed. I just said someone would crap on it.

Maybe instead of proving me right, just ignore my post. Then you wouldn’t look so foolish.

Reactions: egaRdeR and Laner2
Seriously, though, what in my initial post led you to believe I agreed with the initial post? Use critical thinking now… all I said was someone (a husker fan, no less) would crap on it, and then you came along.

I never once said I agreed or disagreed. I just said someone would crap on it.

Maybe instead of proving me right, just ignore my post. Then you wouldn’t look so foolish.
I crapped on it because their research and analysis sucks. It has nothing to do with where Nebraska is ranked.

Reactions: jeans1515
I crapped on it because their research and analysis sucks. It has nothing to do with where Nebraska is ranked.
Did you read my post at all? You claim I am lacking in critical thinking, and you you did the exact thing I said someone would do.

I am stunned that you think I lack critical thinking and then you do the exact thing I said someone would do. If you’re going to accuse someone of lacking critical thinking, I suggest you think critically before posting a response.

Reactions: egaRdeR and Laner2
Not sure what to make of this. But it is interesting.

We seem to get a big bump for having a small population for some reason? And where is ND?

There are a couple things that show this value

1. Attendance and game day atmosphere that is still in top ten of all conferences. Big Ten has four of these programs in PSU, OSU, Michigan and Nebraska with Wisconsin and Iowa also being right there. This was absolutely one of the reason Big Ten selected us. Despite how obnoxious some of us can be our passion for Husker football had a large hand in landing in the Big Ten prior to B12 imploding. While in the short run this may have hurt football more than helped with change in recruiting base I am not certain we would be happy with our lot in life if we had remained in Big 12 and continued to perform like we have. Likely on outside looking in with ISU, KU and Okie Lite.

2. Viewership - Probably due to the length of Bob Devaney and TO's incredible success culminating in that 90's run that was equivelent to what Alabama ands Clemson are doing we still have a national viewership that exists to this day. Son recently moved to large southern city and they have a Husker bar that is packed on game day 20 years since we have done squat. Very few schools have that type of viewership loyalty for folks actually watching the games and that matters which seperates us to a large degree from Schools like ISU and Okie lite even if they are currently performing better.

As long as Husker football has these two things there is a chance for Nebraska to return to national relevance assuming they find the right coach and utilize our fan passion to maximize NIL for our team. I honestly think if it's is not Frost or the next guy you will see the above evaporate along with any reasonable chance of Nebraska returning to any level of future national relevance given the lack of talent in our local area.

Hoping like hell Frosts experience/growth in this conference along with the significantly more talented two deep (it is absolutely the most talented and game ready roster he has had by a large margin) allow this staff to turn the corner and set up 2022 with huge expectations and large boost to waining fan interest and recruiting that has also began to stagnate as losses pile up.

If we fall on our face again this year it is probably beginning of end for Frost and recruiting efforts for this staff and one step closer to losing any real hope of being nationally relevant again if we also lose the fans. I don't see Nebraska landing another guy like Frost (someone with legitimate high end Power 5 options) if this staff fails. People keep saying back up the money truck but with the buyouts and the fact that most power conference schools have money for coaches with these conference deals I don't see Nebraska out bidding or landing someone of Frosts stature (other high BCS options) if we are back in market which means a larger gamble on unproven coach which hasn't worked well in past. Anyone who is truly a fan of this football team better hope like hell Frost figures this crap out quick and starts winning some games.

If you're going to chirp at someone's critical thinking skills, at least try not to crap your shorts right off the bat. Timsun made a prediction that had nothing to do with......"their research and analysis sucks."

You made a conflated error. Admit it and move on.

Reactions: timnsun
Not sure what to make of this. But it is interesting.

We seem to get a big bump for having a small population for some reason? And where is ND?

Like all rankings, you'd have to dig into the specific criteria used to determine those rankings. Not everybody would use the same criteria in the majority of any rankings that get a lot of attention/publicity.

Personally in terms of brand I'd focus on the overall merchandising sales of a school over a longer period of time. This particular ranking of school sports brands probably measure the overall fervor of the fan base and likely makes some adjustment for population I'd guess which is why Nebraska outranks OSU. But we know in terms of overall total raw merchandise sales that OSU is very near the top without any population adjustment.

JMO.

Reactions: headcard
Did you read my post at all? You claim I am lacking in critical thinking, and you you did the exact thing I said someone would do.

I am stunned that you think I lack critical thinking and then you do the exact thing I said someone would do. If you’re going to accuse someone of lacking critical thinking, I suggest you think critically before posting a response.
That's not even what critical thinking means dude. You argue like a woman.

If you're going to chirp at someone's critical thinking skills, at least try not to crap your shorts right off the bat. Timsun made a prediction that had nothing to do with......"their research and analysis sucks."

You made a conflated error. Admit it and move on.
Timnsun's a guy who appeals to authority. His posting history shows he has a history of trusting someone's analysis just because they claim to be an expert. He doesn't look into the details at all to see that the analysis might be severely flawed. Ergo he's not much of a critical thinker. That's what my post was addressing.

That's not even what critical thinking means dude. You argue like a woman.
Timnsun's a guy who appeals to authority. His posting history shows he has a history of trusting someone's analysis just because they claim to be an expert. He doesn't look into the details at all to see that the analysis might be severely flawed. Ergo he's not much of a critical thinker. That's what my post was addressing.
You argue like a moron, so let me simplify it as best I can.

Nowhere in my post did I say I agree or disagree. My sole purpose in posting was to say that someone, probably a husker fan, would feel compelled to tell us why this can’t be true. It’s as simple as that.

And low and behold, you showed up and proved me right. Does that make sense? Do you get it now?

Show me where I said the OP posted something that was true. My sole purpose, because I know this board, is that when someone posts anything that might be supportive of the huskers, another husker fan will tell us why it can’t be true.

You can’t seem to figure that out. I know what critical thinking is, and you ain’t using it. Your vendetta against me is clear.

Great, and Timsum can defend himself but you reacted something other than what he said.

Keep digging

Reactions: leodisflowers
You argue like a moron, so let me simplify it as best I can.

Nowhere in my post did I say I agree or disagree. My sole purpose in posting was to say that someone, probably a husker fan, would feel compelled to tell us why this can’t be true. It’s as simple as that.

And low and behold, you showed up and proved me right. Does that make sense? Do you get it now?

Show me where I said the OP posted something that was true. My sole purpose, because I know this board, is that when someone posts anything that might be supportive of the huskers, another husker fan will tell us why it can’t be true.

You can’t seem to figure that out. I know what critical thinking is, and you ain’t using it. Your vendetta against me is clear.
You still have no idea what critical thinking actually means. You were using some combination of false dichotomy and causal fallacy in your original post. You use every form of logical fallacy in the book in your posts. That I choose to ignore that doesn't mean that it has anything to do with critical thinking, and you obviously don't even know what the concept means.

You still have no idea what critical thinking actually means. You were using some combination of false dichotomy and causal fallacy in your original post. You use every form of logical fallacy in the book in your posts. That I choose to ignore that doesn't mean that it has anything to do with critical thinking, and you obviously don't even know what the concept means.

Keep shitting on Nebraska. It’s what you do.

I obviously can’t simplify it enough for you.

I wasn’t talking about the post at all. I didn’t even click on the link. Didn’t read it. Didn’t need to. I knew people like you would crap on it as soon as you saw it.

I chose not to look at the article and research it, comparing it to other data points and see if the article had merit. I chose not to think critically. But not because I don’t know how to, as you suggest. Instead, I chose to pick some low hanging fruit, knowing someone like you would be along shortly to educate us all.

But I don’t want to take you away from your crusade. Come on back, crack on me once again, and hear from me and many others posting in this thread just how wrong you are.

To sum up… I wasn’t saying anything about the original post. I was only talking about husker fans who would feel compelled to set us straight. You showed up, proving me right. End of story. But you keep writing new chapters.

I obviously can’t simplify it enough for you.

I wasn’t talking about the post at all. I didn’t even click on the link. Didn’t read it. Didn’t need to. I knew people like you would crap on it as soon as you saw it.

I chose not to look at the article and research it, comparing it to other data points and see if the article had merit. I chose not to think critically. But not because I don’t know how to, as you suggest. Instead, I chose to pick some low hanging fruit, knowing someone like you would be along shortly to educate us all.

But I don’t want to take you away from your crusade. Come on back, crack on me once again, and hear from me and many others posting in this thread just how wrong you are.

To sum up… I wasn’t saying anything about the original post. I was only talking about husker fans who would feel compelled to set us straight. You showed up, proving me right. End of story. But you keep writing new chapters.
Okay so you didn't even glance at the article... then your point is completely invalid.

Okay so you didn't even glance at the article... then your point is completely invalid.
Please, use the one functioning brain cell you have left.

My point was not about the article. It never was. It was about husker fans who would have a problem with the post.

That is totally valid.

Please… quit being dense. Even if you don’t acknowledge you were wrong, just stop posting about this. You think you’ve owned me, but you continue to show yourself to be a fool.

Just let it go.

Please, use the one functioning brain cell you have left.

My point was not about the article. It never was. It was about husker fans who would have a problem with the post.

That is totally valid.

Please… quit being dense. Even if you don’t acknowledge you were wrong, just stop posting about this. You think you’ve owned me, but you continue to show yourself to be a fool.

Just let it go.
I have a problem with what the op linked because it has methodological flaws, flaws that cast doubt on the entire analysis. I honestly don't give a shit what you think about certain Husker fans and I wasn't even responding to that. You say I don't have a functioning brain cell when you're not even capable of clicking on the link and skimming over their methodology to see how problematic it is. You're funny dude.

Just use some common sense. There's been studies done on brand value before, and everyone of them has listed Notre Dame and Texas near the top. This one doesn't even have them in the top 10 and has freaking Iowa and West Virginia instead. It's obvious the study is flawed. I think Nebraska would be rated pretty highly in terms of brand value, so I don't have a problem with where we're at.

Last edited:
I have a problem with what the op linked because it has methodological flaws, flaws that cast doubt on the entire analysis. I honestly don't give a shit what you think about certain Husker fans and I wasn't even responding to that. You say I don't have a functioning brain cell when you're not even capable of clicking on the link and skimming over their methodology to see how problematic it is. You're funny dude.

Just use some common sense. There's been studies done on brand value before, and everyone of them has listed Notre Dame and Texas near the top. This one doesn't even have them in the top 10 and has freaking Iowa and West Virginia instead. It's obvious the study is flawed. I think Nebraska would be rated pretty highly in terms of brand value, so I don't have a problem with where we're at.
Good God let it go. The more you post on this the more ridiculous you sound. How many times does Timsun have to explain the point of view of his post. Pretty easy to comprehend and you are just having a difficult time with reading comprehension.

ADVERTISEMENT