ADVERTISEMENT

Brahmer flipped?

Easy my super racially concerned friend. The point is that there is a 3D printer of the same tight end in college football. 3-4 deep on many a roster. We will find more of the same. The thing that sucks is that he is local.
Love the logic. Complete blind faith in a coach I gave zero ****s about before 2 weeks ago vs a kid whose local and been committed to us since April 21.

Let’s go ahead and have the blanket statement ready.

decoms: Rhule didn’t want (insert name here). Way over hyped (local or star ranked) player.

Rhule’s reaches: fantastic find. Kids going to win 5 Heismans and a future #1 draft pick.

or we can just be honest and say it sucks to lose these kids but they have got to do what they will do. Rhule needs time to recruit. Just a shit situation… I don’t blame Rhule for this. But I dont need the Bull Shit people playing it like it doesn’t suck

Love the logic. Complete blind faith in a coach I gave zero ****s about before 2 weeks ago vs a kid whose local and been committed to us since April 21.

decoms: Rhule didn’t want (insert name here). Way over hyped (local or star ranked) player.

Rhule’s reaches: fantastic find. Kids going to win 5 Heismans and a future #1 draft pick.

or we can just be honest and say it sucks to lose these kids but they have got to do what they will do. Rhule needs time to recruit. Just a shit situation… I don’t blame Rhule for this. But I dont need the Bull Shit people playing it like it doesn’t suck
I’m shocked that you’re so negative about an outside the family hire. Not

Scott Frost left a lot of recruiting momentum for the new staff.

Just kidding. Basically our program floundered for all of 2022, then Mickey Joseph’s domestic violence hit, and then Rhule got a week to fix it.

I have full confidence in Rhule after the mess he cleaned up at Baylor, but he stepped into a shitty situation and will need more than a week.
Sounds like a few jilted lovers on here. I wanted and still do want the kid to go to Nebraska. I liked his ability and the way he competed on the field. Color it any way you want, this is not going well. Maybe as some expected, but admittedly not well overall.
But what do you know here? What is it you really understand?

Fact: This kid has not played a down of college football.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Yahtzee, why do you exaggerate so much? Are you even a Nebraska fan?

Yahtzee, why do you exaggerate so much? Are you even a Nebraska fan?
Just tired of looking at instate recruiting rankings and seeing majority of the top 5 kids not committed to Nebraska. Hopefully Rhule gets it turned around soon. just disappointed he wasn’t able to do it off the bat.

So dramatic and simple minded. Hang in there and let’s see where this cycle ends before we freak out. Maybe we land someone better at that position, maybe not. Entire staff changed and kids are looking/moving around. That like being surprised or upset when rain falls with clouds overhead. Grab a fvcking umbrella and go to work….and don’t whine about it.

Fact: I was pissed when we lost Noah Fant to Iowa before he played a down of college football.
Yeah the same goes for your boy Johnson right! Oh he is in the portal.. Lol Don't bs me. It won't work.

Just tired of looking at instate recruiting rankings and seeing majority of the top 5 kids not committed to Nebraska. Hopefully Rhule gets it turned around soon. just disappointed he wasn’t able to do it off the bat.
Calm er down. Are you a high schooler?

It doesn't suck yet, wait a few years to see where we are.

Who in their right mind could love Frost after 5 years of shit football? Maybe @mavsker. :oops:
I expect Frost sat around their house, had a couple brews and used the second beer can to spit his dip into. Talked about fishing, duck hunting, and promised them they were close and ready to turn the corner. He probably made them comfortable because they know a hundred guys like him. When Rhule visited and said stuff like you will be coached on every play until you are perfect and championships start at 630 AM in February, it probably wasn't as good a fit.

Reactions: Danimal4NU
I read a story a several days ago that said we had offered 2 TEs. I think one from Virginia and one from South Carolina.
Not that, you are insinuating that brahmer didnt like that we offered two fast tight ends as the reason for decommiting. This is a gossip excuse and backed up by absolutely zero factual knowledge. Youre making him seem like a coward essentially in an attempt to twist anything that might make rhule look bad in any way.

Btw this cant all be pegged on rhule, that isnt what Im saying. I know brahmers dad and he wouldnt flip because hes scared of two “fast“ tight ends offered.

And fwiw this is a big loss. Brahmer would have given us quality snaps, and he will give quality snaps to iowa state. Athletic, huge frame, can get open and catch, and works his ass off.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
I expect Frost sat around their house, had a couple brews and used the second beer can to spit his dip into. Talked about fishing, duck hunting, and promised them they were close and ready to turn the corner. He probably made them comfortable because they know a hundred guys like him. When Rhule visited and said stuff like you will be coached on every play until you are perfect and championships start at 630 AM in February, it probably wasn't as good a fit.
If he told brahmer championships start at 630 am in february, brahmer woulda kicked him out and said no they start at 6 am the day the last season gets over.

If he told brahmer championships start at 630 am in february, brahmer woulda kicked him out and said no they start at 6 am the day the last season gets over.
OK, if you know them that is what they are like, why in your opinion did they like Frost so much? Couldn't a guy who coached high school football for many years tell Frost didn't have the right stuff?

Reactions: Laner2
OK, if you know them that is what they are like, why in your opinion did they like Frost so much? Couldn't a guy who coached high school football for many years tell Frost didn't have the right stuff?
I wasnt insinuating that they liked or believed in frost. I was pointing out that your assumption (with the goal of making them look bad to make rhule look better) is absurd and false. He didnt decommit because rhule told him he’d have to work hard.
As others have stated this decision wasn't a sudden knee jerk reaction. I have no idea how they felt about frost. I dont know how much frost was a factor in his commitment.

I wasnt insinuating that they liked or believed in frost. I was pointing out that your assumption (with the goal of making them look bad to make rhule look better) is absurd and false. He didnt decommit because rhule told him he’d have to work hard.
As others have stated this decision wasn't a sudden knee jerk reaction. I have no idea how they felt about frost. I dont know how much frost was a factor in his commitment.
You are getting a little worked up. As for Brahmer. Meh next man up.

If I remember right Brahmer really liked coach Beckton. Wish him well in his decision. used to love tailgating in Ames when we played there. Goodluck Brahmer.

You are getting a little worked up. As for Brahmer. Meh next man up.
Youre right. Back to “protect rhule at all cost” mode by saying this kid is afraid to work or scared of competition. Nothing wrong with that. Its what husker fans do regardless of new coach.

• Sad
Not that, you are insinuating that brahmer didnt like that we offered two fast tight ends as the reason for decommiting. This is a gossip excuse and backed up by absolutely zero factual knowledge. Youre making him seem like a coward essentially in an attempt to twist anything that might make rhule look bad in any way.

Btw this cant all be pegged on rhule, that isnt what Im saying. I know brahmers dad and he wouldnt flip because hes scared of two “fast“ tight ends offered.

And fwiw this is a big loss. Brahmer would have given us quality snaps, and he will give quality snaps to iowa state. Athletic, huge frame, can get open and catch, and works his ass off.
We’re losing our top 2 TEs to graduation. We need to replace them so Rhule has options
Youre right. Back to “protect rhule at all cost” mode by saying this kid is afraid to work or scared of competition. Nothing wrong with that. Its what husker fans do regardless of new coach.
i don’t think anybody has said that but don’t let that stop you. I don’t think the TE offers Rhule put out had anything to do with Brahmer decommitting

I obviously don't know what he and his family's mindset is specifically, but I played at Doane with his Dad and I guarantee they have a zero entitlement attitude. We know P5 is (or should be) a whole different level, but I highly doubt 6:30 AM in February is anything the kid isn't already accustomed to. His Dad was a really hard worker, has built a great small town football program, and I know he raised all of his kids to work their asses off. For whatever reason, they just decided ISU was the right place.

I obviously don't know what he and his family's mindset is specifically, but I played at Doane with his Dad and I guarantee they have a zero entitlement attitude. We know P5 is (or should be) a whole different level, but I highly doubt 6:30 AM in February is anything the kid isn't already accustomed to. His Dad was a really hard worker, has built a great small town football program, and I know he raised all of his kids to work their asses off. For whatever reason, they just decided ISU was the right place.
I suspect his dad left it up to Ben. He likes ISU’s staff and all of the guys he built relationships with at NU are all gone.

No idea why he flipped so quickly. Frost and staff going had to happen. That could not have been a surprise to them. They were not treated unfairly. They sucked.

So even if he does like Campbell and company, I'm at least going to see who the new coach at Nebraska is and find out what kind of vision they have for me. With our current tight end room, he was primed to see early playing time and a lot of it. Even a crappy Scott Frost staff got a tight end into the NFL.

For what it's worth, I think he flipped too quickly. Iowa State coach probably got into his head.

I am shocked that anyone on a sports board would speculate about summin'!

Dingle, what were you thinking?

1414, you set a bad bar for yourself because if I see you speculating about anything on this board I'll be sure to bring this thread back up to you.

We’re losing our top 2 TEs to graduation. We need to replace them so Rhule has options

i don’t think anybody has said that but don’t let that stop you. I don’t think the TE offers Rhule put out had anything to do with Brahmer decommitting
But you did say that. You going to pretend you didnt?

Rhule challenged Brahmer to a foot race. It didn't go well and his offer was revoked the next day. The rest is history as they say.

There is no impetus for Neb high schoolers to commit to Nebraska "just 'cause." Most coaches here in the last 15 or so years have basically ignored the schools here. We've lost some of talent we do have to other schools for a while now. You have to build relationships with the communities and coaches. Rhule is beginning to do that, but it isn't going to happen overnight and certainly not for current recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT