ADVERTISEMENT

Brahmer flipped?

Scott Frost left a lot of recruiting momentum for the new staff.

Just kidding. Basically our program floundered for all of 2022, then Mickey Joseph’s domestic violence hit, and then Rhule got a week to fix it.

I have full confidence in Rhule after the mess he cleaned up at Baylor, but he stepped into a shitty situation and will need more than a week.

Last edited:
That's life.

thats-life-frank-sinatra.gif

Scott Frost left a lot recruiting momentum for the new staff.

Just kidding. Basically our program floundered for all of 2022, then Mickey Joseph’s domestic violence hit, and then Rhule got a week to fix it.

I have full confidence in Rhule after the mess he cleaned up at Baylor, but he stepped into a shitty situation and will need more than a week.

This is pretty accurate...plus, even pre-arrest not every recruit and family was enamored by Mickey.

So you're in the know. Why did Benny flip?
Kids can have all kinds of different reasons. The Mors kid transferred from Wisconsin basketball because his girlfriend is at SDSU. Maybe he wants to be an aerospace engineer. ISU has a very good program and last I knew NU doesn’t even offer it. My guess is though that his dad knows one of their coaches.

Reactions: cavalot
Flipping is nothing new when you have shake up's with staffs it's the norm. It's like shaking a bottle full of sediments in a bottle, it's chaos for awhile until the sediments settle to the bottom of the bottle.

I'm not going to fret too much about kids flipping or transferring because it opens the door for new talent to come in and rebuild what was a broken program. I'm going to trust our new HC and staff to get this thing fixed and how long that will take is debatable but I feel it will happen but maybe not a fast as some would like.

Flipping is nothing new when you have shake up's with staffs it's the norm. It's like shaking a bottle full of sediments in a bottle, it's chaos for awhile until the sediments settle to the bottom of the bottle.

I'm not going to fret too much about kids flipping or transferring because it opens the door for new talent to come in and rebuild what was a broken program. I'm going to trust our new HC and staff to get this thing fixed and how long that will take is debatable but I feel it will happen but maybe not a fast as some would like.
It is most certainly an opportunity for coaches who have a good eye for talent.

Yep. Rhule tried but Brahmer already had one foot out the door. Good luck to him at ISU.
I think we’ve offered a couple of very fast TE prospects from the eastern U.S. Brahmer might not have liked the look of that.

Did you actually look at the TE stats this year before typing this?

USCjr TE's: 56 rec. 585 yards

Iowa State TE's: 38 rec 460 yards
I stand corrected, USCjr top 2 TE’s did have more receptions than Volkek/Brewington at Nebraska. I do find it interesting that J Bell listed as a TE had over 70 rush attempts for USCjr. Perhaps the ‘H’ back role did not appeal to BB. Best of luck to him. Ironically, my daughter is about 75% certain she wants to attend ISU next fall so maybe I’ll end up watching him play in person after all.

I stand corrected, USCjr top 2 TE’s did have more receptions than Volkek/Brewington at Nebraska. I do find it interesting that J Bell listed as a TE had over 70 rush attempts for USCjr. Perhaps the ‘H’ back role did not appeal to BB. Best of luck to him. Ironically, my daughter is about 75% certain she wants to attend ISU next fall so maybe I’ll end up watching him play in person after all.

ISU is a nice college town, I'm sure she'll love it.

Ironically. even though ISU had a rough year, this is by far Campbell's best class, on paper.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
All you need to know what cemented his decision is look at season stats for the TE room at South Carolina. Would not appear that MR/MS consider the TE a weapon in today’s college offense.

Iowa State's offense has been terrible though since Purdy graduated. I don't blame the kid for considering other options besides Nebraska right now, but choosing Iowa State is baffling.

Sounds like a few jilted lovers on here. I wanted and still do want the kid to go to Nebraska. I liked his ability and the way he competed on the field. Color it any way you want, this is not going well. Maybe as some expected, but admittedly not well overall.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT