ADVERTISEMENT

Brady suspension upheld by Goodell

4 game suspension for knowing about deflated footballs and a 2 game suspension for a different guy who knocked out his girlfriend. Yeah, makes perfect sense. o_O

Just glad it's over, tired of hearing about it. Now we'll see Brady quietly disappear I'm betting. He's been using his lawyers to puff his chest, but I suspect he'll accept this, because he knows he's guilty as heck, and hopefully this goes away for good. I don't personally care that he did it, at all, just tired of hearing about it.

I still expect the NFLPA to sue the NFL on Brady's behalf. Would still expect him to play the 2015-2016 season until resolved.

Brady should not make the HOF

Yep, we'll never know how good he was with a fully inflated ball. Expunge all the success he enjoyed prior to 2006 when teams had no control over the balls. Forget about last year's Super Bowl victory. 50 touchdown passes? Ball was flat, erase it. That 1.5 psi is the difference between a mediocre quarterback and one of the best to have ever played the game.

Reactions: huntered
Yep, we'll never know how good he was with a fully inflated ball. Expunge all the success he enjoyed prior to 2006 when teams had no control over the balls. Forget about last year's Super Bowl victory. 50 touchdown passes? Ball was flat, erase it. That 1.5 psi is the difference between a mediocre quarterback and one of the best to have ever played the game.

He cheated Right boxes! Nothing else should matter

There are 4 ways to respond to an internal investigation where you are being investigated for possible rule violations.

1. Come clean and tell the truth
2. Lie
3. Not be forthcoming/obstruct the investigation
4. Combo of all the above.

Had Golden Boy Brady gone with #1, I think he gets 2 games negotiated down to 1. When you think you are bigger than the league you play for, don't come clean, and obstruct, then we'll don't cry when you get bitch slapped.

To those who say, "The punishment doesn't fit the crime." Well there were two offenses. When Brady made it more difficult for the NFL to get to the truth he got slapped, and deserved it.

I commend the Commish.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
the commish felt some pressure from the rest of the league to uphold the decision. maybe let him play and let the 'league' dole out some punishment.

I'm tired of the Brady and the softballs saga. I don't care about that dead lion either.

IF the lowered ball pressure was such an advantage, why did Brady still tear it up in the second half of that game? This has been blown way out of proportion. Not a Pats fan. Have to respect Brady's ability and consistency as a QB. This whole deflategate story comes off as sour grapes by a bunch of us that are fans of teams beaten regularly by Brady. The bottom line is that IF the NFL officials had DONE THEIR JOB in the first place, this wouldn't be an issue. The ball pressure issue had been a well known throughout the league involving multiple teams and QBs and nobody complained until they lost to the Pats in a game that mattered. Its a classic example of the media loving to tear somebody on top down with their fake outrage because it sells.

The story here is more the fact 31 owners hate Kraft's guts and demanded Goodell step in and do something to shut down their skirting of the rules - especially by the Sweaty. They hate seeing somebody dominate and want to take him down a peg or 2.

Do I think the NFL followed a fair process to generate the penalties? No. Does the CBA allow them to do it anyway....Yes. I think the legal case will bear that out. It also means the next round of CBA negotiation will be really interesting as the Player Association tried to limit Goodell's power.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT