ADVERTISEMENT

Boy what a bunch of babies

I thought the defense played great in the second half. Whatever adjustments Chinander made at half really worked.

Don't get all preachy because people noticed all the mistakes and lack of discipline. If you didn't notice the same problems as every other week, I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: bigboxes
SC is either from South Carolina or California. Definitely not from Nebraska. Could be an Iowa troll.

If you didn't see a team starting to find itself in the second half, I don't know what to tell you
Can you share some thoughts - I missed the second half. In reviewing the quarterly scores it appears we kept it even. Anything promising from any particular players or is it just based on that we played even with Purdue?

Reactions: Legend12
The offense did perform better for much of the second half but the defense did not. Takes a whole team effort to improve !

Reactions: HuskerDana
The offense did perform better for much of the second half but the defense did not. Takes a whole team effort to improve !
Good to hear - based on what we were hearing from camp, I figured winning games would be a matter of the Nebraska O outscoring the opposing teams O. Besides a few series in the Colorado game and one in the Purdue game, had not seen much. Hope they can start gelling...

For 8 months all I read about was Nebraska’s down home midwestern values. When things go wrong, just look at how you all talk to each other.
In fairness, for 8 months we've also been fed a lot of hype too..

Now that fans realize where we are at, we will adjust our expectations accordingly. It's clear that there is a huge culture change that still needs to happen. To me, the sky isn't falling, it fell a long time ago, we are just now figuring out the damage and how to put it back together.

In fairness, for 8 months we've also been fed a lot of hype too..

Now that fans realize where we are at, we will adjust our expectations accordingly. It's clear that there is a huge culture change that still needs to happen. To me, the sky isn't falling, it fell a long time ago, we are just now figuring out the damage and how to put it back together.

I’m not talking about how they view Frost. I’m talking about how you treat each other. I don’t see a whole lot of the love your neighbor, good old, wholesome Midwestern values in some of these thread when talking to each other, let alone trolls and fans of other teams.

I’m not talking about how they view Frost. I’m talking about how you treat each other. I don’t see a whole lot of the love your neighbor, good old, wholesome Midwestern values in some of these thread when talking to each other, let alone trolls and fans of other teams.
true, a lot of people attack others viewpoints like they were in junior high school.. it's probably the booze talking.. but agree it can get pretty stupid in here at times.

The defense in the second half did its job it got three straight three-and-outs to give us back the hall. One, at the end of the third quarter and back-to-back drives in the fourth but the offense stymied it! I counted 6 3 and outs in that second half. It's the stupid penalties, and stupid mistakes that has killed us! Usually when a team has more total yardage then the opponent, it stands to reason that the team with the most yardage outplayed it's opponent!

Last edited:
Purdue had three three and outs total for the game with one in the first half and two in the second half. So not sure what you are talking about with 6 of them or three in a row?

Last edited:
Don't get all preachy because people noticed all the mistakes and lack of discipline. If you didn't notice the same problems as every other week, I don't know what to tell you.
I don’t think he’s talking about the lack of discipline and mistakes. Pretty sure he’s talking about the ledge jumpers claiming Nebraska football is dead, never to rise again.

Lot of posters in that camp right now.

Reactions: HuskerDana
1*MIcK6DRrlt3mE4J8NPmvLw.jpeg

Reactions: Sinomatic
If you had watched Purdue play against Missouri and BC while also considering what we did in Ann Arbor last time out, you would have known this game was most likely going to be a loss. On the bright side, I think things are starting to click on both sides of the ball and for the first time after a loss, it seemed as though every player was hurt by it and are finally ready to hold each other accountable... The culture is changing and it is exciting to see!

I thought the defense played great in the second half. Whatever adjustments Chinander made at half really worked.

Sarcasm is difficult to pick up on sometimes. However, Purdue scored 22 in the 2nd half, after scoring 20 in the 1st half. Chinander is struggling in a major way.

Reactions: GoBoBigBlue
Sarcasm is difficult to pick up on sometimes. However, Purdue scored 22 in the 2nd half, after scoring 20 in the 1st half. Chinander is struggling in a major way.

Yeah, I agree. I feel like he will be doing a lot of learning on the job and I think Big Ten coaches will make him look silly more times than not.

For 8 months all I read about was Nebraska’s down home midwestern values. When things go wrong, just look at how you all talk to each other.

Humans are humans. When you are emotionally invested in something, it sucks when things go sideways, and people react accordingly. This isn't exactly new territory. It happens every week, like clockwork, on every sports forum, since the beginning of time.

Yeah, I agree. I feel like he will be doing a lot of learning on the job and I think Big Ten coaches will make him look silly more times than not.

Really? That's what you got from that? With the way Purdue plays and the weapons they have, you need to be able to generate some pass rush with 4 guys. We don't have the dudes to do that right know... It has nothing to do with chins competency as a D coordinator, he has his hands tied right now.

Really? That's what you got from that? With the way Purdue plays and the weapons they have, you need to be able to generate some pass rush with 4 guys. We don't have the dudes to do that right know... It has nothing to do with chins competency as a D coordinator, he has his hands tied right now.

It was Purdue...they just lost to Eastern Michigan a few weeks ago...at home. We probably need to stop pretending that they are great...Sure they have weapons...like a slingshot and dart gun...but that is about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT