ADVERTISEMENT

Boxing does it again

Another robbery what a joke!
Really? Watched the fight and aside from some of the middle rounds Canelo won that to my eyes. Hell, look at the face of both fighters at fights end- GGG got beat up from the feet up. I’m a fan of both fighters. I think GGG edged Canelo in the first fight but tonight Canelo looked the better of the two and landed more power shots. I hope they fight again because that was def one of the best fights this year.

Reactions: Jt1515 and huskerq
Canelo took that fight to GGG and agree with poster above me. Too many people are caught up in names in boxing, rather than the fighters themselves. That was a toe to toe 12 rd title fight and was worth every cent! Very rarely do you see 2 big names stand toe to toe and deliver some serious chin music. Very close fight, won by the aggressor and the better fighter last night. There was one rd, GGG was throwing a lot of punches (as De La Hoya did in his fight with Mayweather)and to the casual fight fan, they were probably screaming and edge of their seats...but like DLH, about 1/4th of those punches landed on skin.

Go look at the stats, Canelo won a majority of those rds in all categories. GGG's face and him being winded by rd 6, not one fighter in GGG's career has done that to him!

Jmo

Reactions: Jt1515
The live odds in Vegas right after the fight were -500 in GGG's favor. -500. That's with everybody and their mother knowing that Golden Boy and Vegas wanted a Canelo win. Those are the people that are willing to put their money where their mouth is.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I feel pretty good saying that GGG won that fight handily controlling the distance, responding to every Canelo punch with one of his own, and mixing up his tempo. Hell, if Bud Crawford thought GGG won, what can you say to that?

Really? Watched the fight and aside from some of the middle rounds Canelo won that to my eyes. Hell, look at the face of both fighters at fights end- GGG got beat up from the feet up. I’m a fan of both fighters. I think GGG edged Canelo in the first fight but tonight Canelo looked the better of the two and landed more power shots. I hope they fight again because that was def one of the best fights this year.

You don't look at a guy's face to determine the winner in boxing. Haven't you seen Rocky? :) Besides, GGG is 36. You are not going to look good after a fight at that age. The skin is more loose, has less collagen, and heals less quickly.

Canelo was at the end of GGG's jab all night. GGG controlled the distance and rarely took a flush power shot because of it. He boxed brilliantly for his age from what I saw.

Well dang, I can pick fighters who think Canelo won as well (George Foreman)...like I said, jmo.

The live odds in Vegas right after the fight were -500 in GGG's favor. -500. That's with everybody and their mother knowing that Golden Boy and Vegas wanted a Canelo win. Those are the people that are willing to put their money where their mouth is.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I feel pretty good saying that GGG won that fight handily controlling the distance, responding to every Canelo punch with one of his own, and mixing up his tempo. Hell, if Bud Crawford thought GGG won, what can you say to that?
I also thought GGG won the fight. Canelo won the first 2 rounds and then I had GGG winning 8 of the next 10 rounds. My daughter and her husband were at the fight and she said there was a lot of grumbling when the decision was announced.

I watched the fight and although I am not a boxing expert.... the match was very very close. I thought it was neck to neck by GGG had two flurries in the 10th and 11th that almost took Canolo down. With those flurries I thought GGG won.... but it probably should have been another draw

but I get it.. boxing, hype, politics, money.. the younger and more marketable guy was given the decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT