ADVERTISEMENT

BOR meeting with SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

73HUSKER

Senior
Jan 8, 2004
If those dolts fire SE or make his life miserable the future will not be nearly as bright as it is right now. Closed door meetings almost never end well. Hope the written media asks for an explanation of circumstances, and why it was held behind closed doors. This doesn't feel good right now.

If those dolts fire SE or make his life miserable the future will not be nearly as bright as it is right now. 73
With all due respect, what exactly about the future is bright? All men's sports are currently in the tank. Baseball just started their season. Nebraska Football finished the regular season 5-7. Basketball? Heh.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Eichorst, but to me, saying the future is exceptionally bright due to SE seems to be a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, and certainly based on little factual evidence whatsoever.

Is SE in jeopardy? I would be shocked. Unless and until his football hire is proven to be a failure, I would expect him to be in no danger. Not a situation I am rooting for.

Tom hired Miles and Erstad. SE fired Bo, hired Riley.

It's March. It would be wierd timing for a meeting to indicate he was all the sudden in trouble.

There could be a zillion reasons but to me the top one would be airing anything Perlman promised, written or unwritten, so the new guy knows and there aren't surprises.

If those dolts fire SE or make his life miserable the future will not be nearly as bright as it is right now. Closed door meetings almost never end well. Hope the written media asks for an explanation of circumstances, and why it was held behind closed doors. This doesn't feel good right now.
Closed door meetings that are known to be closed door meetings usually deal with other employee matters other than the guy at the meeting. I can think of several issues that could be discussed and none of them would deal with SE other than that he may have to make another hire. I wouldn't be surprised to see a retirement that nobody is expecting and no I don't mean Riley. No inside info, just a hunch.

Reactions: scarletred
Closed door meetings that are known to be closed door meetings usually deal with other employee matters other than the guy at the meeting. I can think of several issues that could be discussed and none of them would deal with SE other than that he may have to make another hire. I wouldn't be surprised to see a retirement that nobody is expecting and no I don't mean Riley. No inside info, just a hunch.
Happy # 10k. :)

Although, technically, your 10,001st post will be your 10,000th post.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
10000 posts with 794 likes. Terrible ratio.
Meh. You do realize that roughly 9000 of those posts were before there was a like "button" (as if I really cared) and I actually hit 10,000 years ago. I changed my username several years ago when it became apparent that one of Bo's goons was trying to figure out where I lived. . Winking

When you throw a punch, make sure you elbows are tight.

Elbows out get's you lit up.

tumblr_ndks1gzbp81qdlh1io1_400.gif

Can you idiots act like big boys for just a little bit? Opened this for news on the situation, not the usual suspects flinging poop.

With all due respect, what exactly about the future is bright? All men's sports are currently in the tank.
Men's Track - B1G Indoor Champs
Wrestling - qualified ten for nationals, one national runnerup, 2 additional All-Americans. Finished in 8th placed at nationals as a team.

Can you idiots act like big boys for just a little bit? Opened this for news on the situation, not the usual suspects flinging poop.
I have never been sure about this thread since the get go. There was no link indicating there was in fact a Board of Regents meeting, no evidence it was closed-door, and even if it happened and it were, so what? I have closed door meetings at work all the time to discuss information not considered appropriate for larger consumption. It rarely means someone is in trouble.

The BOR are an embarrassment to the post- they have no business intervening in the AD matter- it should come from the president

It's too early to give SE a grade right now- let Football season play out we are 1 year into a coaching change- after 1 year things looked awesome for Bo and yet it became perpetually clear that he was the model for 9 wins and non Top 25 finishes

It should be clear after this year what needs to happen but for goodness sakes let this season play out the last thing we need is MR hot seat rumors because the AD got fired

Reactions: 73HUSKER
The BOR are an embarrassment to the post- they have no business intervening in the AD matter- it should come from the president

It's too early to give SE a grade right now- let Football season play out we are 1 year into a coaching change- after 1 year things looked awesome for Bo and yet it became perpetually clear that he was the model for 9 wins and non Top 25 finishes

It should be clear after this year what needs to happen but for goodness sakes let this season play out the last thing we need is MR hot seat rumors because the AD got fired

I agree with this post, although Bo did finish in the Top 25 in each of his last 6 years here. Still glad he's gone, but it was his behavior, leadership, and blowouts in big games that got him fired more than his overall records.

Back to the subject at hand, I remember reading an article last fall that the regents wanted to revise policies for approving contracts, probably in response to when Harvey wanted to extend Eichorst's contract. It will be interesting to see who the next chancellor is, and how much influence they will have on athletics. I never understood why Perlman had so much influence, when at every other school it is the President who hires/fires athletic directors. I know Hank Bounds follows football closely and knows how much a successful football program can benefit a university.

Reactions: saladbar2
Men's Track - B1G Indoor Champs
Wrestling - qualified ten for nationals, one national runnerup, 2 additional All-Americans. Finished in 8th placed at nationals as a team.

I stand corrected. Those sports were really in the tank before SE got to Nebraska. Good job, Sean.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT