ADVERTISEMENT

BOOM! (Wrestling)

Cloud@Heart

Senior
Aug 13, 2005
Helena, MT
Not that kind...... but beating #2 or #3 ranked ThisOSU is a big deal to some (me!).

20-14 with Nebraska winning 6 out of the 10 matches.

#6 Nebraska 19, #3 Ohio State 14

174: No. 6 Mikey Labriola (NEB) dec. No. 7 Kaleb Romero (OSU), 3-1 (NEB 2, OSU 0)*
184: Rocky Jordan (OSU) dec. No. 8 Taylor Venz (NEB), 3-2 (OSU 3, NEB 2)
197: No. 1 Kollin Moore (OSU) dec. No. 6 Eric Schultz (NEB), 5-2 (OSU 6, NEB 2)
285: David Jensen (NEB) dec. Gary Traub (OSU), 8-3 (OSU 6, NEB 5)
125: Alex Thomsen (NEB) dec. Malik Heinselman (OSU), 5-2 (NEB 8, OSU 6)
133: No. 13 Ridge Lovett (NEB) dec. No. 19 Jordan Decatur (OSU), 6-4 (NEB 11, OSU 6)
141: No. 1 Luke Pletcher (OSU) major dec. No. 8 Chad Red Jr. (NEB), 10-1 (NEB 11, OSU 10)
149: No. 2 Sammy Sasso (OSU) major dec. No. 14 Collin Purinton (NEB), 12-4 (OSU 14, NEB 11)
157: No. 16 Peyton Robb (NEB) dec. Quinn Kinner (OSU), 8-3 (NEB 14, OSU 14)
165: No. 4 Isaiah White (NEB) pinned No. 14 Ethan Smith (OSU), 6:58 (NEB 19, OSU 14)**

*Following the 174-pound match, Nebraska was deducted one team point for unsportsmanlike conduct
**Nebraska was deducted one team point for losing control of the mat area

https://intermatwrestle.com/rankings/college/Team?

Last edited:
What an idiot.... I didn't realize White was down at the time of the pin. What was the OSU wrestler thinking going for a move with a few seconds left.

Really?!! White was down with a few seconds left in the match, and the OSU wrestler shoots for a takedown??? That takes a special kind of stupid from the OSU wrestler.

Edit - It was actually going to go to OT with a point to White for riding time, so the OSU wrestler was trying to be aggressive enough to get a stalling call on White, and a point to win the match and dual. He was a little too aggressive (and careless), and White made him pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
tumblr_mqakpsh7oE1qd4mvdo1_500.gif

Really?!! White was down with a few seconds left in the match, and the OSU wrestler shoots for a takedown??? That takes a special kind of stupid from the OSU wrestler.
It was tied 4-4 and the OSU wrestler was trying to get one more stall call on an injured White.... The match was going to overtime if no one scores in that last scramble.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
It was tied 4-4 and the OSU wrestler was trying to get one more stall call on an injured White.... The match was going to overtime if no one scores in that last scramble.

That makes much more sense. If the Ohio State guy was ahead with a few seconds left, he would be trying to keep White from shooting.

Edit - Oh, after seeing the match, I see what was going on. OSU guy was being aggressive enough to get the 1 point for stalling on White, since it was going to finish at 4-4 with riding time. What an amazing finish to the dual!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloud@Heart
Maybe I'm missing something. I watched the video posted by cloud. Score was3-4 with white trailing and a stall warning. Did white have the riding time advantage then???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT