ADVERTISEMENT

Bookie

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
Has anyone heard any updates on him. I know right after Frost was hired, Bookie sent out a tweet saying something like, "what up coach?" A few have said he is very interested in Neb still. Has Frost or anyone of the coaching staff met with him? What are the odds we still get him?

Has anyone heard any updates on him. I know right after Frost was hired, Bookie sent out a tweet saying something like, "what up coach?" A few have said he is very interested in Neb still. Has Frost or anyone of the coaching staff met with him? What are the odds we still get him?

He was a decommit before the football season even started. He just lacked the guts to say it publicly. Nebraska isn't in the picture.

Sorry, but he was Nebraska bound if the coaches weren't let go. This one hurts bad...

Not too often do I agree with Jason Peters, but he did make a really good point about Bookie. He said that a CB is not a program changer. If you want to flip a program you are going to probably need a big time DT, QB or RB. Someone who can have a greater impact on the game than a CB.

As mature as the media has made him out to be, I have no doubt that his love for attention trumps about anything else, including loyalty. He would be the first type of recruit that would transfer if everything in his first year did not go exactly as he wanted it to. Do not let his articulate and well-spoken interviews fool you.

As mature as the media has made him out to be, I have no doubt that his love for attention trumps about anything else, including loyalty. He would be the first type of recruit that would transfer if everything in his first year did not go exactly as he wanted it to. Do not let his articulate and well-spoken interviews fool you.
Respectfully disagree. I have no knowledge, and as an optimist I generally put the best construction on things, but he struck me as a leader and not a quitter...

Again, just my opinion...

We would love bookie, but he aint comin, neither are the other ones we lost. This is what happens. Time to move on.

Reactions: Bugeater

He is a 18-year gifted athlete. What do you expect him to be? Being at least somewhat egocentric is part of being an 18-year old being heavily recruited by multiple D1 schools. There are certainly exceptions, but it's rare to find gifted athletes that don't think they are all that.

Held visited him at IMG last week.
Attention Hog IMO
Little to no chance
Im confident he would have blasted out even if Riley was still here doing his HCMR MR thing
Plus he's from California.

These kind of kids rarely end up at Nebraska, even during Osborne's days. 5 star in recruiting hotbeds = Beauty Pageant between a half dozen teams not named Nebraska. We move on. Folks here need to move on as well. GBR

These kind of kids rarely end up at Nebraska, even during Osborne's days. 5 star in recruiting hotbeds = Beauty Pageant between a half dozen teams not named Nebraska. We move on. Folks here need to move on as well. GBR

Yep, people need to move on. This program won national titles without the Hollywood personalities and it will win another national title without the Hollywood personalities.

Here is my opinion on the situation with Bookie (actions always speak louder than words). I truly believed he loves Nebraska and everything about Nebraska. I believe he was fully committed and believed that MR was the right guy for the job. All of his actions to start the year showed him to be a peer recruiter for Nebraska. He was coming here. Then the season started and started to unravel quickly. At first he publicly supported Riley, but Bookie is a smart kid, he saw the product that was on the field and so he decided he needed to look at all of his options. He decommitted before Riley was fired, so for people to say he would be here if Riley was here, I think is an inaccurate statement. Once Frost was hired, he did tweet coach Frost, (I think this was his way to say he still has interest in Nebraska.) I feel that as of right now he is being pulled in multiple directions. Ucla close to home, Oklahoma good friend is committed to play there, Clemson defending National Champion and Nebraska the place I think he fell in Love with. In the end he will do what he feels is best for him and rightfully so, we all hope he decides to jump back N and things come full circle.

Here is my opinion on the situation with Bookie (actions always speak louder than words). I truly believed he loves Nebraska and everything about Nebraska. I believe he was fully committed and believed that MR was the right guy for the job. All of his actions to start the year showed him to be a peer recruiter for Nebraska. He was coming here. Then the season started and started to unravel quickly. At first he publicly supported Riley, but Bookie is a smart kid, he saw the product that was on the field and so he decided he needed to look at all of his options. He decommitted before Riley was fired, so for people to say he would be here if Riley was here, I think is an inaccurate statement. Once Frost was hired, he did tweet coach Frost, (I think this was his way to say he still has interest in Nebraska.) I feel that as of right now he is being pulled in multiple directions. Ucla close to home, Oklahoma good friend is committed to play there, Clemson defending National Champion and Nebraska the place I think he fell in Love with. In the end he will do what he feels is best for him and rightfully so, we all hope he decides to jump back N and things come full circle.
Really good post!

At best, we would have been a finalist (hat) in the Grand Finale PR fest "Where is Bookie going to end up going to college?" Selection Show. I have rarely seen those turn out well for Nebraska.

Reactions: davecisar
Yep, people need to move on. This program won national titles without the Hollywood personalities and it will win another national title without the Hollywood personalities.
So if Bookie did miraculously come to Nebraska would you tell him that we don't need him?

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
If that makes you feel better, go right on ahead and believe that nonsense.

And it makes you feel better pining away for some player that would only be here if a coach that went 19-19 were here, go right ahead. The rest of us have already moved past that last coaching regime and are looking forward to much better days ahead.

I remember a wise man once saying "We will put the stars on them."
Well he did until his best staff left. Coming in he put together a good staff who were able to coach up the players, but when they left he replaced them with mediocre assistants which is why his teams were dropping off the last couple years.

ADVERTISEMENT