ADVERTISEMENT

Bookie

This thread could and should go down as one of the most useless threads in HOL history. Let this kid be and worry about kids that are coming on board.
Lot of useless threads on this board... hard to call this one most useless in history of the board... my vote would be for one of the 4 crymson steel repeat threads. Only needed one. The others are useless. :)

Bet right now it has Florida plates. It sounds to me that he will retain the Florida residence, so he will probably have a car licensed in Florida. Former ISU Dan McCarney had a residence in Florida while coaching in Iowa. I guess when you make $5M, you can have the luxury of owning multiple homes in multiple states with cars licensed in multiple states.
When you make that kind of money
It probably makes sense to liscence those cars in the state that is buttering your bread instead of trying to save a couple hundred bucks
Which is like a dollar or two to them when comparing their pay to the average joe

If someone isn't that self aware
They probably shouldn't be ceo of a major college football team

It probably makes sense to liscence those cars in the state that is buttering your bread instead of trying to save a couple hundred bucks
Which is like a dollar or two to them when comparing their pay to the average joe

You license the cars where LAW requires you to license them. IF the car garages normally in Florida or Oregon, you license the damned things there not in Nebraska. I can guarantee you that Frost will have some type of vehicle sitting in his garage in Florida with Florida plates on it for him or his family to use whenever they decide to go see Mickey and Minnie.

Reactions: timnsun

He has some other ties here, also. I will say that I will back off of my guess that he will be back N. Doesn't mean he definitely won't be, but I am not quite as confident as I was a week or so ago.

Last edited:
You license the cars where LAW requires you to license them. IF the car garages normally in Florida or Oregon, you license the damned things there not in Nebraska. I can guarantee you that Frost will have some type of vehicle sitting in his garage in Florida with Florida plates on it for him or his family to use whenever they decide to go see Mickey and Minnie.
No state income tax in Florida IF he would maintain his permanent residence there. Not sure if that works or if it's the plan.

This is just finding something to complain about, in my opinion.

He’s gone, he can’t hurt us anymore. No need to complain about his wife’s car.

I'm guessing Riley's wife was living here in Nebraska with her husband, not in Oregon
If she lived here and was driving a car it should have been liscenced here

I seriously doubt they had one car here for the both of them
She didn't fly from here to Oregon got into her Oregon liscenced car then drove from Oregon to here to load up all of their belongings into a Prius to take back to oregon

That makes zero logical sense
Yes you liscence a car where it is garaged
No need to drive an Oregon car here if you had a legally liscenced car already here

The law is- you live here for 30 days and the vehicle is here- you have to register it here:
http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/17808119.html

At the end of the day- licencing your vehicle here when you are the HC or the wife of the HC- just shows you are interested in being here and willing to pay what you legally owe- not try to skirt the law to save a couple hundred bucks. Its the smart thing to do

Last edited:
Ever notice how there are tons of Maine plates on tractor trailers? Yeah, it's quite a bit cheaper to plate a fleet in Maine..

For him it does. To those type of posters, the only thing they care about is how many stars we can get in recruiting.

Exactly.

To some, having a grossly inept HC isn't a problem. Just get those stars is all that matters......

And it makes you feel better pining away for some player that would only be here if a coach that went 19-19 were here, go right ahead. The rest of us have already moved past that last coaching regime and are looking forward to much better days ahead.

That's why you are posting in this thread. You obviously don't care.

It just seems so odd to me that players were willing to come play for a staff that couldn’t win but want no part of a staff that wins? All kids need to go where they want and I won’t waste time wondering what could have been. I’ll take Frost and staff with no Bookie over Riley and staff with Bookie.

I'm guessing Riley's wife was living here in Nebraska with her husband, not in Oregon
If she lived here and was driving a car it should have been liscenced here

I seriously doubt they had one car here for the both of them
She didn't fly from here to Oregon got into her Oregon liscenced car then drove from Oregon to here to load up all of their belongings into a Prius to take back to oregon

That makes zero logical sense
Yes you liscence a car where it is garaged
No need to drive an Oregon car here if you had a legally liscenced car already here

The law is- you live here for 30 days and the vehicle is here- you have to register it here:
http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/17808119.html

At the end of the day- licencing your vehicle here when you are the HC or the wife of the HC- just shows you are interested in being here and willing to pay what you legally owe- not try to skirt the law to save a couple hundred bucks. Its the smart thing to do
From what I've heard she spent quite a bit of time in Oregon and they have more than one car. They were following the laws on licensing vehicles. Just because that particular car happens to be in Lincoln collecting Mike's belongings doesn't mean it should have been licensed in Nebraska just because you think it looks better for her husband.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Red I 73
It just seems so odd to me that players were willing to come play for a staff that couldn’t win but want no part of a staff that wins? All kids need to go where they want and I won’t waste time wondering what could have been. I’ll take Frost and staff with no Bookie over Riley and staff with Bookie.
for many of the top prospects their number one factor in picking a school is relationships.
and Frost has never won a game in the B10. he may be a hall of fame coach but he hasn't won anything yet except at a lower level school.

No state income tax in Florida IF he would maintain his permanent residence there. Not sure if that works or if it's the plan.
If Frost works and lives in Nebraska most of the year, he's still going to pay Nebraska state income tax. Maybe not on 100% of his income, but pretty close. States don't let you off that easily based on your permanent residence.

If Frost works and lives in Nebraska most of the year, he's still going to pay Nebraska state income tax. Maybe not on 100% of his income, but pretty close. States don't let you off that easily based on your permanent residence.
I was wondering what the law is. Like if he rents but doesn't buy. Contract employee? Etc

From what I've heard she spent quite a bit of time in Oregon and they have more than one car. They were following the laws on licensing vehicles. Just because that particular car happens to be in Lincoln collecting Mike's belongings doesn't mean it should have been licensed in Nebraska just because you think it looks better for her husband.:rolleyes:
Highly unlikely that someone who is worth millions drives 3500 miles to collect their belongings

I've always used a mover
Most professionally employed people do
I'm guessing they did the same
Round trip from Portland I usually get for less than $400
You can't drive 3500 miles for that
Not even taking into consideration a 2 day drive both ways

It was her local Nebraska car she chose not to liscence here
Which is illegal And uncool
Defies logic to think it happened any other way
Enough said

I was wondering what the law is. Like if he rents but doesn't buy. Contract employee? Etc
It's been many years since I filled out a part-time resident tax return, but as I recall it doesn't matter whether you rent or buy. There's a formula to figure out how much of your income is subject to Nebraska state income tax. For the head football coach at NU, it's going to be a high percentage. It's all vulnerable to cheating, of course, but most people aren't going to jeopardize a $5 million/year dream job to save on some state income tax.

Nebraska's state income tax is brutal. I found that out the hard way on one stinking real estate deal where they confiscated a large share of my profits.

I had homes in valley Nebraska and destin Florida for 7 years and lived in destin 3-4 months a year many years
I was not allowed to claim Florida residency

Reactions: huskerfan66
Highly unlikely that someone who is worth millions drives 3500 miles to collect their belongings

I've always used a mover

Enough said
Except in this case Riley didn't need a mover as they didn't own a house. They were renting a furnished condo here. All they needed was their clothes and a few personal effects. Just give it up. There was no legal reason for them to license that car in Nebraska. Keeping their house in Corvallis and not buying one here was more of a concern but as it turns out that was for the best. He paid PLENTY of income tax to Nebraska.

46427613a99fa4706d302369a421f30c70f40f1f7235016ce95552c95d9883af.jpg

It's been many years since I filled out a part-time resident tax return, but as I recall it doesn't matter whether you rent or buy. There's a formula to figure out how much of your income is subject to Nebraska state income tax. For the head football coach at NU, it's going to be a high percentage. It's all vulnerable to cheating, of course, but most people aren't going to jeopardize a $5 million/year dream job to save on some state income tax.
Thanks for the explanation

I've always used a mover

Enough said
It also defies logic that you are still harping on Riley about this. What is it accomplishing? Seriously, did he sleep with your wife or something? Time to move on... your obsession with Riley and his Oregon plates is unhealthy.

It also defies logic that you are still harping on Riley about this. What is it accomplishing? Seriously, did he sleep with your wife or something? Time to move on... your obsession with Riley and his Oregon plates is unhealthy.
46427613a99fa4706d302369a421f30c70f40f1f7235016ce95552c95d9883af.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT