ADVERTISEMENT

Bookie

Has anyone heard any updates on him. I know right after Frost was hired, Bookie sent out a tweet saying something like, "what up coach?" A few have said he is very interested in Neb still. Has Frost or anyone of the coaching staff met with him? What are the odds we still get him?
Bookie is gone.

Ucla close to home, Oklahoma good friend is committed to play there, Clemson defending National Champion and Nebraska the place I think he fell in Love with. In the end he will do what he feels is best for him and rightfully so, we all hope he decides to jump back N and things come full circle.
Aren't he and Lindsey tight?

if bookie wants to come here great, if he wants to go elsewhere that is fine also, if he doesn't want to buy into the program then let him go, pretty sure this staff has the shit together to overcome and adapt.

Sorry, but he was Nebraska bound if the coaches weren't let go. This one hurts bad...

So he'd want to play for shitty coaches on a losing team but wouldn't want to play for one of the hottest coaching staffs in CFB? That makes sense to me.

For him it does. To those type of posters, the only thing they care about is how many stars we can get in recruiting.

Which is absolutely ridiculous....recruiting is important but it's not all about stars and there are too many DB's focused on the stars...

Well he did until his best staff left. Coming in he put together a good staff who were able to coach up the players, but when they left he replaced them with mediocre assistants which is why his teams were dropping off the last couple years.
Lol

This is not what I've been told about this kid. From what I've heard he is the most level headed kid you will ever meet.
He may be level headed, but judging by his Twitter, he loves the clicks. He knows by tweeting Frost, Husker nation is going to react.

We aren’t even in Bookies new top 5.... Oklahoma, Clemson, Florida, USC, UCLA. He didn’t want to play at Nebraska, he committed to Riley and that’s fine. Best of luck to the young man where ever he lands.

All these twitterers grovelling at the feet of players who are so full of shit....and themselves. They were never committed to the N on the helmet, their future teammates, the University, or the very fans worshipping them. They were committed to a suitcase coach, living in a hotel, driving a car with Oregon plates...hell, the coach was even 100% committed.

We aren’t even in Bookies new top 5.... Oklahoma, Clemson, Florida, USC, UCLA. He didn’t want to play at Nebraska, he committed to Riley and that’s fine. Best of luck to the young man where ever he lands.
Are you talking about this tweet?

That wasn't even tweeted out by Bookie.

Reactions: HuskAir
All these twitterers grovelling at the feet of players who are so full of shit....and themselves. They were never committed to the N on the helmet, their future teammates, the University, or the very fans worshipping them. They were committed to a suitcase coach, living in a hotel, driving a car with Oregon plates...hell, the coach was even 100% committed.

Damn. You sound angry.

Let it all out. Frosty is aboard. Breath in a deep one......, and when you feel OK, just breath naturally.

He de- committed while Riley was still coach. He could see that MR staff was not going to be a winning program. He moved on and so should we.
Yep, this is why I laugh when some say he would still be committed if Riley was the coach. He de-committed when Riley was the coach, when Riley needed him the most he de-committed, and rightfully so. He is a smart kid and looking at our defense I have no doubt that he decided he did not want to play here for Riley.

Last I knew, he was free to make whatever decision he thinks is best for him. I am guessing there are many "adults" on this board who have agonized over a major decisions and picking a college may be one of them

What I don't get is all the negative name calling, petty bitterness, and crazy remarks. Who looks more immature when that happens? The 18 year old or the adults in the room?

Last I knew, he was free to make whatever decision he thinks is best for him. I am guessing there are many "adults" on this board who have agonized over a major decisions and picking a college may be one of them

What I don't get is all the negative name calling, petty bitterness, and crazy remarks. Who looks more immature when that happens? The 18 year old or the adults in the room?
that's why I don't follow recruiting till after signing day, way...Way..WAY...too much drama.

What???
Oregon plates?
Why didn't I hear about this?
It's his wife's car and their main domicile has always been in Oregon. That car was operated primarily in the state of Oregon therefore by law it needed to be licensed in Oregon. People wondered why he rode a bike to work? His wife's car was in his garage in Oregon. I have a friend who has a leased Navigator sitting in the garage of his house on Omaha Country Club and a leased Escalade sitting in his driveway in the state he actually lives in most of the time. People do have multiple cars licensed in multiple states.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crushinator
The narrative of the attention seeking, disloyal recruit whose character flaws kept him from choosing NU while we simultaneously conclude his moral fiber wasn't good enough for our school anyway, is getting really old. We've seen it a million times.

Rest assured, Frost's car does NOT have Oregon plates.
Bet right now it has Florida plates. It sounds to me that he will retain the Florida residence, so he will probably have a car licensed in Florida. Former ISU Dan McCarney had a residence in Florida while coaching in Iowa. I guess when you make $5M, you can have the luxury of owning multiple homes in multiple states with cars licensed in multiple states.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He may be level headed, but judging by his Twitter, he loves the clicks. He knows by tweeting Frost, Husker nation is going to react.
cmon man. It's just the way lots of kids communicate now. I would welcome him to NU in a heartbeat and I can almost guarantee you he is going to be a great teammate no matter where he ends up.

This thread could and should go down as one of the most useless threads in HOL history. Let this kid be and worry about kids that are coming on board.
and hope that Bookie decides to come here anyway. The kid has talent we could sorely use at CB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT