ADVERTISEMENT

Boo birds

C10delux

Sophomore
Dec 12, 2002
This Saturday, I expect you'll hear from them

Not sure that I would be doing that, but people have the right to do that if they're buying expensive tickets and seeing what they are seeing on the field these days.

Hopefully Nebraska will show up this week and compete and that keeps the boo birds quiet. This is a pretty big recruiting weekend and it would be beneficial to show off one of Nebraska's best qualities (the fans).

Fans booing the coaches and team is far worse than people pissing and moaning on a message board. It would be wise for Husker fans to keep their boos to themselves this weekend. Save them for the Iowa game. If Nebraska loses to those ass hats they deserve to hear boooooooo's. :)

I agree. Keep your Boos quiet. I understand the frustration, but this is a big weekend for recruiting. Here's the thing too- Our fan support and attitude is the only NU tradition that is 100% in our hands. We control whether or not we lose that one too. Let's not lose it. Brighter days will come. The Royals just won The World Series for Heaven's sake.

I think I found a loop hole.....What if I brought her?

mamaj.gif

Reactions: huskerbux and tpmcg
I hope its a electric crowd Saturday. However, if the game gets away from NU early the atmosphere could get toxic quick.

Last edited:
This Saturday, I expect you'll hear from them

Not sure that I would be doing that, but people have the right to do that if they're buying expensive tickets and seeing what they are seeing on the field these days.

If you mean legal right, sure. If you mean that it makes you anything but an idiot douchebag to boo 18 to 22 year olds who are playing a game, no. The funny thing about a "boo"; it doesn't come with foot notes to explain what or who you are booing.

I will need the referees to make some bad calls then. I need to get the boo out somehow.

The first pass-pass-pass three and out could be problematic.

We all hate our secondary right? We're 75th in pass efficiency defense.

MSU is 79th.

I would think the gameplan calls for a heavy dose of passing, as always. (MSU is 19th in Rush Defense and we are 13th)

We all hate our secondary right? We're 75th in pass efficiency defense.

MSU is 79th.

I would think the gameplan calls for a heavy dose of passing, as always. (MSU is 19th in Rush Defense and we are 13th)
We'd be #1 if it wasn't for the QB run's the last couple weeks

Yeah. Hopefully our O-Line comes to play. Could get ugly in the trenches...

I haven't watched Michigan State much this year but Northwestern destroyed our interior line. I presume MSU will bring a defensive line to Lincoln that is as good or better than Northwestern. Sterup does his best. So I guess we have to run to Lewis's side and hope that Tommy can hit some passes as he did against Minnesota to keep 9 out of the box; though, I think even if he hits some passes they will keep nine in the box and force his arm to beat us.

I haven't watched Michigan State much this year but Northwestern destroyed our interior line. I presume MSU will bring a defensive line to Lincoln that is as good or better than Northwestern. Sterup does his best. So I guess we have to run to Lewis's side and hope that Tommy can hit some passes as he did against Minnesota to keep 9 out of the box; though, I think even if he hits some passes they will keep nine in the box and force his arm to beat us.

Riley said Gates should be "better" than he was last week. Who knows what that means in terms of snaps.

I think it is the opposite. MSU probably believes they can control Nebraska's run game without committing extra players to the box. I would think they will be more concerned with coverage.

Last edited:
If it's a close, hard fought game then I think we'll be fine but if Nebraska starts getting throttled then you can probably count on the fans booing or leaving early. It's one thing when you get beat up on once or twice, many are willing to stick around but when you lose twice as many as you've won then I'm sure that stadium will empty out.

Hopefully we show up and play a competitive game and hopefully we win..

I will be at the game and I don't boo. I would leave before booing. I'll leave the booing to assbag sports fans from NY, Boston, and Philly.

I think it is the opposite. MSU probably believes they can control Nebraska's run game without committing extra players to the box. I would think they will be more concerned with coverage.

I don't think they are going to need that many in the box to control the interior line; however, if they need to commit a couple more to stop the run I expect them to do so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT