ADVERTISEMENT

BOLLERS TO WISKY

And seeing that verified 4.9 40 for Bollers is a huge black eye. He could gain some speed over the years with power 5 S&C but I doubt by much. His best bet is gaining some weight and playing DL for their 3-4 defense.
He's a stud. Was top DL at the Army All-American Underclassman Camp last year. I think he would be a monster 4-3 DE, but he really wants to play in a 3-4. Oh well, can't win em all and we are putting together a heck of a LB class.

He's a stud. Was top DL at the Army All-American Underclassman Camp last year. I think he would be a monster 4-3 DE, but he really wants to play in a 3-4. Oh well, can't win em all and we are putting together a heck of a LB class.

right, and that’s what I was getting at. He’s definitely not a speed guy, him getting to 270-280 range and playing on Wisconsin DL would be ideal for him.

right, and that’s what I was getting at. He’s definitely not a speed guy, him getting to 270-280 range and playing on Wisconsin DL would be ideal for him.
And, in the long run I believe that is exactly what will happen.
Badgers loaded up with OLB prospects recently, lots of four stars with footspeed in front of him from last two classes and this season also.

Reactions: headcard
Just remember there will be plenty of decommits before signing day. And these days there's no guarantee they will even stick around after they sign. Roster turnover accelerating.

The only thing that's left to be meaningful these days is IF they become a contributor in actual games played.

Last edited:
And, in the long run I believe that is exactly what will happen.
Badgers loaded up with OLB prospects recently, lots of four stars with footspeed in front of him from last two classes and this season also.
They want him to play the same pass rush & set the edge role that T.J. Watt used to play for them. Like a Jack linebacker. They did not recruit him in order to have him play as an undersized five tech or have him play outside LB out in space much.

Reactions: huntered
oh no, I don’t think there was any one of us that would claim or say that (that we didn’t want him anyways comment). The closest to that would be some of us saying “ we knew he was never coming and was always all Badgers”. I’d taken TJ in a heart beat. But honestly it’s not exactly a lose when he was never going to be a Husker.

All I was saying is he’s more of a dline prospect, not an LB prospect. So please don’t misunderstand my post, I was only giving my thoughts on what I seen for his best move position wise. Being a 4.9 40 guy, he’s definitely a DLine prospect.

When it comes to recruiting LBs for their system, Wisconsin does it better than most. Maybe he ends up at DE, maybe he ends up as a 4.9 40 guy that plays OLB.

As far as the almost getting to the we didn't want him anyway comment, must be feeling guilty, I was just making a general comment. There will definitely be a guy that Nebraska recruited hard, that will end up somewhere else, and someone, maybe you, maybe not, but someone will write, we didn't want him anyway, or he doesn't fit want we want to do on defense, or offense, or we backed off recruiting him. Rest assured...it will be in a post

As far as it being a loss or lose ( wink) we were still using resources to keep in contact and would have taken him had he picked our hat off the table..= Loss

Schweitzer played against better competition than Bollers. Better gauge of upside talent I'd say.

Does that logic mean the 2021 QB commit doesn’t have as much upside as I keep reading about in the OWH and LJS and on 24/7???

Hopefully this doesn’t have an impact on his strength of peer recruiting on Twitter. The public peer recruiting has to come on a little strong for those quiet, blue-collar type guys that are going to turn this ship around. One more question does a workout or throwing session happen if it is not posted on Twitter? Asking for a friend.

Can I just ask why there is more convo about billers commuting to Wisky then there is about the kid that actually Committed To us? I say we worry about the kids we have in hand then the ones who chose to be else where

I'm no grammar nazi but damn, that was brutal.
says the grammar nazi, lol... yes that wasn’t my best work, but doing what I can while I’m typing on my phone... but for future reference if you have to start off with saying I’m no grammar nazi while feeling the urge to correct grammar.... you’re probably a grammar nazi, just sayin

says the grammar nazi, lol... yes that wasn’t my best work, but doing what I can while I’m typing on my phone... but for future reference if you have to start off with saying I’m no grammar nazi while feeling the urge to correct grammar.... you’re probably a grammar nazi, just sayin
Ha, fair enough. Just giving you a hard time. I'm with you though, I think we all knew Bollers was gone. We should focus on our own players.

Reactions: Clemke32
Ha, fair enough. Just giving you a hard time. I'm with you though, I think we all knew Bollers was gone. We should focus on our own players.
it’s all good brother lol, but glad you were able to pick up on my sarcasm with that post

Reactions: SkerInCo
They want him to play the same pass rush & set the edge role that T.J. Watt used to play for them. Like a Jack linebacker. They did not recruit him in order to have him play as an undersized five tech or have him play outside LB out in space much.
I know what we recruited him for, however , we have Spence Lyttle a four star RS frosh, Nick Herbig a four star Frosh along with Kaden Johnson a four star Frosh and Aaron Witt all true Frosh and we are bringing in 2 very good OLB prospects Ayo Adebogun and Darryl Petersen along with him this season too.
They both appear to have better OLB skills than Bollers also.

Can I just ask why there is more convo about billers commuting to Wisky then there is about the kid that actually Committed To us? I say we worry about the kids we have in hand then the ones who chose to be else where
What is this, Hoosier?

I know what we recruited him for, however , we have Spence Lyttle a four star RS frosh, Nick Herbig a four star Frosh along with Kaden Johnson a four star Frosh and Aaron Witt all true Frosh and we are bringing in 2 very good OLB prospects Ayo Adebogun and Darryl Petersen along with him this season too.
They both appear to have better OLB skills than Bollers also.
Wow. We are scared.

Wow. We are scared.

I wasn’t trying to scare you. Explaining that Bollers probably doesn’t end up an OLB but grows into a 3-4 WSDE at maybe 6’3 270 ish.
What should scare you though, now that you mentioned it, is your record against at Wisconsin since you joined the Big Ten

I wasn’t trying to scare you. Explaining that Bollers probably doesn’t end up an OLB but grows into a 3-4 WSDE at maybe 6’3 270 ish.
What should scare you though, now that you mentioned it, is your record against at Wisconsin since you joined the Big Ten
What makes the one feel the need to go over to another teams message board and post some garbage like this? I will never understand trolls. What’s the point?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT