ADVERTISEMENT

Bold Season Predictions

leodisflowers

Assistant Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
I've got a few:

1. We are minimum +5 in the turnover game. I feel like this D is going to get us some turnovers, and I think it is going to come from the opposite corner as CTB is going to get some respect.
2. We will have a 1000 yard back again
3. We are going to average 35+ points a game as long as Adrian is healthy

Lots of optimism and kool aid drinking. The team is vastly unproven. WRs RBs and Oline are all question marks. On paper yeah they look great, but how will they perform against competition in BIG? Makes me nervous. My bold prediction- Frost loses Illinois and only wins 2-3 games this year. Complete disaster. Hope I’m wrong just don’t see what everyone else is seeing with this team.

• Wow
Reactions: BleedRed78
Lots of optimism and kool aid drinking. The team is vastly unproven. WRs RBs and Oline are all question marks. On paper yeah they look great, but how will they perform against competition in BIG? Makes me nervous. My bold prediction- Frost loses Illinois and only wins 2-3 games this year. Complete disaster. Hope I’m wrong just don’t see what everyone else is seeing with this team.
I don’t see it going that poorly but I do agree that we’re jumping the gun on the RB, WR, and TE praise. I think most people are reasonably skeptical of the OL though.

Definitely reasons to be hopeful about RB and WR. Especially WR, there’s a lot of talent in that room. And tbh, RB is a position that really just doesn’t matter all that much. OL is far more important to a successful running game.

Reactions: Husker Hambone
I've got a few:

1. We are minimum +5 in the turnover game. I feel like this D is going to get us some turnovers, and I think it is going to come from the opposite corner as CTB is going to get some respect.
This season will be the single greatest resurrection story in the annals of college football coaching. He's going to hit eight wins and Trev is going to up his contract to 10 million a year.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
I've got a few:

before post season

12 - 1 Lose to Ohio Sate in regular season , Beat Ohio State in BIG championship game.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Bold predictions = Koolaid - No one knows what this team looks like, I'd just rather talk football than politics.

This season will be the single greatest resurrection story in the annals of college football coaching. He's going to hit eight wins and Trev is going to up his contract to 10 million a year.
I guess one winning season was worth $5 million/yr, so two is worth $10 million/yr.

I understand these are bold predictions, but what in the world makes you think that?

We haven't been that terrible (2-3 wins) recently and this team has MUCH more talent and experience than the past several years. Teams that we barely lost to last year like NW and Iowa lost a lot more than we did. Illinois and Buffalo have new coaching staffs. Where does this nightmare scenario come from?

Reactions: leodisflowers
I understand these are bold predictions, but what in the world makes you think that?

We haven't been that terrible (2-3 wins) recently and this team has MUCH more talent and experience than the past several years. Teams that we barely lost to last year like NW and Iowa lost a lot more than we did. Illinois and Buffalo have new coaching staffs. Where does this nightmare scenario come from?
Every action (in this case kool aid chugging) has an equal and opposite reaction (maybe we will stink)

we definitely have more experience. the talent, though, is entirely on paper. we will see how (or even if, in manning's case) it shows up on the field.

Last edited:
I always laugh when I see the word “annals.”

Makes me think of this guy.
tumblr_ljnyviPTwX1qgma7so1_500.gif

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb

Unproven talent. No one has seen Manning play. Unproven freshman at RB and an injury risk at RB. Toure never played a snap against D1 level defenses. Betts had one good/great play last year and then disappeared! No QB depth. I’m hopeful they have a great season, but don’t think they will. Just seems like a lot of hype to me. I love the Huskers but am taking a wait and see approach.

I've got a few:

I've never wanted somebody to be so right in my life!

Wyatt Liewer leads team in TD catches with 8,
Adrian Martinez throws more than 18 TDs, less than 5 INTs, and less than 3 fumbles.

Our scoring and ypg defense finishes in the top 4 of the B1G.
Defense scores 3 TDs.

Connor Culp hits 2 FGs over 50yds.
We give up 0 special teams TDs while running back 2 punts and 2 kickoffs.

…. and we beat Oklahoma, Wisky and Iowa.

…. and we finish the 2022 recruit class with majority 4 stars.

2021 Nebraska goes 8-5.

I don’t know if that’s a bowl win or bowl loss. And I honestly believe we will upset one of the three - OU, OSU, or Wisconsin. It won’t feel like an upset because this team can compete with anyone (except Alabama and Georgia) if we don’t commit stupid turnovers.

I also think we will win more close games than lose close games. And because of the attention to fundamentals this offseason (finally), I think we can compete for the West this year. Adrian (or the backup QB) has to have a good season for us to get to 8 wins, though. If we can keep our yappers shut and go to work like Wisconsin, I think we win 8 games this year. I’ll come collect my crow if I’m wrong, but we don’t start with Ohio State for the first game this year!

GBR!!

Unproven talent. No one has seen Manning play. Unproven freshman at RB and an injury risk at RB. Toure never played a snap against D1 level defenses. Betts had one good/great play last year and then disappeared! No QB depth. I’m hopeful they have a great season, but don’t think they will. Just seems like a lot of hype to me. I love the Huskers but am taking a wait and see approach.

Unfortunately looks like you were right. I never imagined we would be so bad.

Reactions: Husker Hambone
ADVERTISEMENT