ADVERTISEMENT

Boilers open up a 3 point favorite

Do you think either team is Rutgers bad? I watched Nebraska Michigan and offensively.., you just missed a couple of breaks by inches early.. one that would have been a TD.. I’m only thinking this is a win for us if our guys show up as hungry as they were v BC
Im not sure anyone is as bad as Rutgers, but unfortunately we don't play them this year.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
You you didn't just take what he said out of context, you completely misquoted him.

I am not in any way criticizing Frost for those comments but opposing teams and coaches are going to bend over backwards to twist any comments an opposing teams coach makes to use for their purposes. It doesn’t matter what was actually said or meant - it only matters what an opposing coach can convince his team was said or meant.

Last edited:
I have no desire to argue semantics with you. You seem fixated on the fact that I called Frost a "great" coach. Fine. Let's revise that and say I think he is a "great and promising young coach with a huge upside in his potential". Is that better? My main point is a simple one: we are lucky to have him. Do you disagree? Do you think he is an overhyped coach? Do you think he should be on the hot seat already? Do you think he is a bad coach? Are you glad he is our coach or do you prefer someone else? Do you think he will turn us around?

Yes, we are worse than last year. But we were a 4-8 team last year (and could have easily been 2-10) on a clear downward trajectory - - as in roller coaster going 90 mph downhill kind of trajectory. My suspicion is that this year would have been more of the same and even worse had Riley stayed. And we are installing new schemes on both sides of the ball and have a completely new coaching staff. So yeah... we have issues. Big ones. Issues that not even Frost can change over night. Or do you disagree? You will probably say "I was not expecting miracles, but this shitfest of horrible football is on the current coaches". I disagree. Old habits die hard and cannot be fixed in 8 months. There is a reason why many on here blabber endlessly about how important player development is. And it is. But player development takes years inside of a stable program with a system players have been recruited to and have played within for years. That is why experience matters and teams don't start 22 freshman. These players were, for the most part, developed under Guy Smiley. And it shows. Frost needs time but some of you already have the pitchforks out for him. My goodness.

I guess that means I have a man crush on Frost? Because I cannot believe the level of anger being directed at him by some on here three games in?? Because I defend him vigorously against the vapid stupidity of posters like NikkiSix and Oldjar?? Do you support their views then? Do you think fans should be highly critical of Frost and that we need to start demanding wholesale changes in the program already? Fire Chinander! Run the damn ball! Bring back the fullback! Revamp how you practice! Toss out the UCF blueprint because it isn't working here!

Frost inherited a dumpster fire. Do you dispute this?? Do you think Riley left the program in good shape? If so, why was he fired? You say all of the "bad attitude" guys left after the initial purge. Probably not. Sometimes upper classmen stick around because they don't want to transfer this late in the game and are already kind of sick of football and are just hanging around to keep their scholarship and to finish school. And if it is true, as you claim, that some of these guys are pissed at Frost for his comments about the previous staff, then you just contradicted yourself. Because if that is true, then it means the guys who still have not bought into Frost are still here. So which is it? All the bad attitude guys are already gone so there is no way this current situation is being caused by disgruntled players and it is all on the coaches? Or... There are still lots of bad attitude guys here and it is Frost's fault for bungling his comments about the previous staff? Either way, it seems to me, you just want to blame Frost. Never, in the history of college football, has a coach who went on to be a great coach, had a really bad start I guess. Not.

I don't necessarily agree that it is a good thing that Frost criticized the previous staff. Probably a bad call on his part. But hey, as I said, they DID deserve it. They were awful. And any player who likes the new staff and has bought into their project would just shrug it off and move on. They would understand the emotion and the context of the situation. They would understand why their new coach would say such things even if they did not like it. They would be mature team players and take it in stride. But any player that would get pissed at that and develop disgruntled feelings toward Frost that would then cause them to practice less hard and to play with less motivation, needs to get a grip or move on. I stand by that. This is big boy football. Quit being a pussy and play football.

Finally, I am sorry if my vigorous defense of Frost has put some people off. But I am just dumbstruck how we have gone from farting pixie dust and rainbows as we floated on clouds after the Frost hire, to the pitchfork brigade in about 10 months. Most of the criticisms of him on here have been unfair and ignorant. And trust me... I AM AS PISSED AND DISAPPOINTED AS ANYONE ON HERE by the shitfest I am witnessing on the field right now. I expected more. I expected better. I expected a faster turn around. I thought we would be 8-4 this year. Much more competitive. So trust me when I tell you I do not have blinders on. I see this dumpster fire just as clearly as anyone. And it pisses me off as much as anyone.

I love Husker football. I bleed it. I grew up in Lincoln. Sold coke in the stands as a boy. Was in Norman in 71. I am not saying I am a super fan. Lots on here are. What I am saying is that I share your standards for Husker football and I am as disappointed as anyone. I do not have a "man crush" on Frost. I just don't like seeing him attacked on here by armchair coaches who don't have a clue.

But we had better rally behind Frost because he is not going anywhere. He is going to be our coach for many years to come. And we are now in coach number 5 post Osborne. Our program has never been lower in the modern era than it is now. If we all start to gang up on Frost and become bitter and angry at him after three games, we are in a world of hurt. We either give this guy time and the benefit of the doubt or we can move on to yet another coach. Here is my view: Scott Frost is our last best hope to save this program from oblivion. We are on a fast track to becoming like Kansas. So we had better rally around this guy and give him the time he needs, or we are most likely just ****ed.

Here is my view: Scott Frost is our last best hope to save this program from oblivion. We are on a fast track to becoming like Kansas. So we had better rally around this guy and give him the time he needs, or we are most likely just ****ed.

Permanent Kansas or Minnesota is staring us right between the eyes. HCSF is almost certainly our last real hope.

I too grew up in Lincoln and was spoiled rotten with years & years seeing Devaney & TO steamroll opponents into dust. Great HCs simply don't grow on trees and especially after the previous Beaver coaching our smash-mouth tradition was then finally totally & completely erased.

There's no easy way to return & we're damned lucky to have a decent chance.

Here is my view: Scott Frost is our last best hope to save this program from oblivion. We are on a fast track to becoming like Kansas. So we had better rally around this guy and give him the time he needs, or we are most likely just ****ed.

Permanent Kansas or Minnesota is staring us right between the eyes. HCSF is almost certainly our last real hope.

I too grew up in Lincoln and was spoiled rotten with years & years seeing Devaney & TO steamroll opponents into dust. Great HCs simply don't grow on trees and especially after the previous Beaver coaching our smash-mouth tradition was then finally totally & completely erased.

Agree completely

I agree with this except the Kansas and Minnesota part.Im glad you didn't say Hawkeye. That's right... they've never won anything.Laughing

Reactions: Earn898
Bulletin board material no less. Says there that Brohm is saying “what’s said is heard”. Just countering that the chance Purdue is in a trap game or will be sleep walking probably left the building once this was brought up in the locker room.
In a perfect world your team shouldn't need "bulletin board" material to try harder. I would expect them to give max effort regardless.

Reactions: SOHusker11
In a perfect world your team shouldn't need "bulletin board" material to try harder. I would expect them to give max effort regardless.

That is true - but the reality is that NFL teams assign people the job of finding bulletin board material for each upcoming game. Part of the reason Belichick goes to great lengths to say nothing.

Last edited:
We are beneath Purdue........PURDUE. WHAT THE F????

We should have never fired BO. DAMN IT!!!! Maybe god is punishing us because we are so entitled and we need to be humbled by being the worst team in the big ten for the next couple of decades.

It’s embarrasing when we talk about winning shit 30 years ago. This country is about PROGRESS. Not getting worse every year

I agree Frost is probably the last hope to get Nebraska to winning conference championships and playing to national titles, but Nebraska will never permanently be Minnesota or Kansas. I think Frost is the right guy in the fact that if he doesn’t win 10+ games every year, he won’t get kicked out of office in 4-5 years. Consistency at the helm is what will keep Nebraska from permanently being Kansas or Minnesota.

Reactions: DaddyBoi and 9and4
I agree Frost is probably the last hope to get Nebraska to winning conference championships and playing to national titles, but Nebraska will never permanently be Minnesota or Kansas. I think Frost is the right guy in the fact that if he doesn’t win 10+ games every year, he won’t get kicked out of office in 4-5 years. Consistency at the helm is what will keep Nebraska from permanently being Kansas or Minnesota.
Why would we care what a nobody iowa fan thinks about Nebraska football? Frost is our last hope? That's just stupidaf. There are plenty of good coaches who would love to lead NU for $5mil a year. You better stick to what you know, whatever that is. mustabeentheshoes

He's actually a pretty decent poster.
Don't be fooled, he's been in ass-kissin mode for a while now. The fact is he's a nobody iowa loudmouth who doesn't know the first thing about Nebraska football, yet he constantly runs his mouth on a Husker board. If you want to listen to his bs, that's up to you. I won't.

We should have never fired BO. DAMN IT!!!! Maybe god is punishing us because we are so entitled and we need to be humbled by being the worst team in the big ten for the next couple of decades.

It’s embarrasing when we talk about winning shit 30 years ago. This country is about PROGRESS. Not getting worse every year
2/10

Don't be fooled, he's been in ass-kissin mode for a while now. The fact is he's a nobody iowa loudmouth who doesn't know the first thing about Nebraska football, yet he constantly runs his mouth on a Husker board. If you want to listen to his bs, that's up to you. I won't.

That's fine, I just sort of know his posting history, and even when I visit their board he is not over the top. I don't mind him

Again with the big program from when I was 17 years old elitism ... what Brohm is building would not have been an underdog to Pelini by 2020 ...

So long as Brohm stays, and I doubt the LSUs of the world are going to try to steal him after the 1-3 start... Nebraska will only be where he is in 24 months if they do everything RIGHT.. no better.

I do view this Nebraska team as a beaten down dangerous dog if they don’t fold

Again with the big program from when I was 17 years old elitism ... what Brohm is building would not have been an underdog to Pelini by 2020 ...

So long as Brohm stays, and I doubt the LSUs of the world are going to try to steal him after the 1-3 start... Nebraska will only be where he is in 24 months if they do everything RIGHT.. no better.

I do view this Nebraska team as a beaten down dangerous dog if they don’t fold
Based on what? By 2020, Purdue will be better than a 10 win team? Nebraska has to do everything right to be where Purdue is in 24 months, WTH? Based on what exactly? Recruiting? Your great start to the 2018 season?

Last edited:
Based on what? By 2020, Purdue will be better than a 10 win team? Nebraska has to do everything right to be where Purdue is in 24 months, WTH? Based on what exactly? Recruiting? Your great start to the 2018 season?

I don’t think Nebraska is a ten win team by 2020 if they do everything right. Both teams would be doing well to get 9 wins by then. Remember.. in year one with Brohm we were much much
More competitive with Michigan than you just were .. and the team you have in year two .. just like us, will be younger with seniors and juniors that are worse than these ones

Last edited:
I don’t think Nebraska is a ten win team by 2020 if they do everything right

Ok, that's your opinion, you can have it. But you said in 2020 Purdue would not be an underdog to a Pelini team and Pelini's teams at Nebraska were consistent 9-10 win teams, so you obviously think you are going to be better than that. Or maybe you meant a Pelini Youngstown State team. And Nebraska can't be a 10 win team by 2020, but Purdue will? How do you know enough to say that? We are bad now, but had 8 4-star recruits last year and our HC has done it before. Kind of hard to understand how 1-3 Purdue with a second year head coach, can be so far ahead of 0-3 Nebraska with a first year head coach. Is it last years #49 recruiting class (we were 21)? Do you think this years Purdue team has made alot of progress, since going 7-6 last year?

Reactions: SOHusker11
That's fine, I just sort of know his posting history, and even when I visit their board he is not over the top. I don't mind him
There are two posters here that have an extreme hatred for anything with the word Hawk in it and SOHusker is one of them. It’s to be expected and I’m ok with it. As with most fan bases, the majority of fans are ones you can have a conversation with.

As to where the conversation went after my post, I’m sorry Boiler but Purdue probably won’t be anywhere near Nebraska in 2020. Brohm will more than likely leave by then but Frost isn’t going anywhere.

Reactions: DaddyBoi
You you didn't just take what he said out of context, you completely misquoted him.
I liked his post not because I thought he was saying that was exactly what he thought Frost had said but because his "paraphrasing" would definitely give them bulletin board material. That said, IMO I believe Frost could be just a little more judicious with his choice of words publicly. I don't care if he tells his players that Purdue is dog doo and that we better kick the crap out of them but publicly he should probably toe a different line. He's still pretty new to the media manipulation game.

Ok, that's your opinion, you can have it. But you said in 2020 Purdue would not be an underdog to a Pelini team and Pelini's teams at Nebraska were consistent 9-10 win teams, so you obviously think you are going to be better than that. Or maybe you meant a Pelini Youngstown State team. And Nebraska can't be a 10 win team by 2020, but Purdue will? How do you know enough to say that? We are bad now, but had 8 4-star recruits last year and our HC has done it before. Kind of hard to understand how 1-3 Purdue with a second year head coach, can be so far ahead of 0-3 Nebraska with a first year head coach. Is it last years #49 recruiting class (we were 21)? Do you think this years Purdue team has made alot of progress, since going 7-6 last year?
Not trying to come off as arrogant, but I follow pretty close with both programs. I don't think Purdue has made a lot of progress since last year. I know that sounds insane, but Brohm lost 9 starters on defense and 3 on offense. We were bound to start slow and get better as the year gets on. We aren't going to be world beaters this year, but the defense is mostly underclassman and both O and D are getting some really nice recruits coming in next year. So yes, my progress is looking at how far this team has come in 4 weeks knowing we are building the base of the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT