ADVERTISEMENT

Boeheim - Struck and Killed a Pedestrian While Driving

My dads friend and college roommate had something similar happen. Christmas Eve, maybe 18-20 years ago, driving to Christmas, spun off the road in icy conditions. They get out of the car and stand near the shoulder. The dad goes back to get coats or something for the kids. A car hits the same icy spot, hits his wife and daughters. Wife jumps in front of the kids and dies. The kids get airlifted and turn out okay. Just freaking tragic.

Don't stand on the shoulder when an accident due to weather happens. Stay in your car if possible.

My dads friend and college roommate had something similar happen. Christmas Eve, maybe 18-20 years ago, driving to Christmas, spun off the road in icy conditions. They get out of the car and stand near the shoulder. The dad goes back to get coats or something for the kids. A car hits the same icy spot, hits his wife and daughters. Wife jumps in front of the kids and dies. The kids get airlifted and turn out okay. Just freaking tragic.

Don't stand on the shoulder when an accident due to weather happens. Stay in your car if possible.

Shawn very good advice. Years ago when the I-80/I-480 interchange was being worked on a really good family friend had seen a car on the side of the road and went to help. On the way back to his car, he was hit as a car slid and hit his car and it hit him. A long long road of recovery.

i was on I-29 with a flat on the shoulder after the NU/Missouri State game in KC. Not a good feeling as semis zoom by you at 75 MPH. I can see why people would get out of the car, but it's got to be even more dangerous. Patrolman came and said a tow truck driver had been killed the night before while helping someone on the shoulder.

Yeah, sounds like it was just a weather related accident, sad result though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT