ADVERTISEMENT

Boe Wilson

HuskerWisdom

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 26, 2001
Liked this tidbit from the notes today

"***Offensive line coach Greg Austin said Boe Wilson graded out the highest of any offensive linemen against Illinois and was named the unit’s Player of the Game. Austin said Wilson has always played with great toughness and technique, but his pass protection has really improved."

He's really impressed me this year. He gets a lot of movement on his blocks and has the punch/power to knock people out of the hole, has quick feet and nice balance inside and has really nice feel for finding the guy when he pulls.

Moving Farmer to C was a big deal, but Wilson's made a big difference in getting the best 3 interior linemen on the field. I could see him moving to LG next year, but it depends on who we develop behind him or if Bland ends up at a OG position instead of Center.

Liked this tidbit from the notes today

"***Offensive line coach Greg Austin said Boe Wilson graded out the highest of any offensive linemen against Illinois and was named the unit’s Player of the Game. Austin said Wilson has always played with great toughness and technique, but his pass protection has really improved."

He's really impressed me this year. He gets a lot of movement on his blocks and has the punch/power to knock people out of the hole, has quick feet and nice balance inside and has really nice feel for finding the guy when he pulls.

Moving Farmer to C was a big deal, but Wilson's made a big difference in getting the best 3 interior linemen on the field. I could see him moving to LG next year, but it depends on who we develop behind him or if Bland ends up at a OG position instead of Center.

Let's talk holding calls by #67!!!!!!

Jaimes is quietly starting to make progress in my opinion. Thinking next fall will look night and day differently

Jaimes is quietly starting to make progress in my opinion. Thinking next fall will look night and day differently

looked like he struggled a bit this last game, but more often than not he's been the best lineman on the OL for a lot of the games this year.

Big hope that Bland is up to the task of being one of the guys inside. One more guy will be needed. Line should be good enough for the offense to do its thing from game one.

Boe Wilson looked good in small sample size last year. I always wondered why Riley/Cav didn't play him more. Glad to see he is taking advantage of his opportunity. The future is bright with him having 2 more years after this one left.

Is Austin subbing anymore than Cav did during his stint here?

Is Austin subbing anymore than Cav did during his stint here?
No but totally retooled the line and is developing backups while challenging the starting guys.
Have to replace a ton of experience next year. One thing I’ve learned with about watching NU’s line over the years is that nothing is a given right off the bat, like Benhart starting right away, Bland taking one of those interior spots,etc
Got to like that the light is on for returning guys Ike Wilson,Jaimes, and Farniok. Good core to build around. Heck of a job by Coach Austin and these players

Big hope that Bland is up to the task of being one of the guys inside. One more guy will be needed. Line should be good enough for the offense to do its thing from game one.

I've liked what I've seen of Hixson and Raridon both. I think one will be able to step up

Reactions: BroskiRed
after chatting with Bob Lingenfelter ya all know him right, he said it takes 3-4 years for a O LINEMAN to be ready to play, I think your seeing that now with jaimes, Wilson and the other young guys who were put in early, I have no answers for Foster though.

Reactions: RebelHusker
after chatting with Bob Lingenfelter ya all know him right, he said it takes 3-4 years for a O LINEMAN to be ready to play, I think your seeing that now with jaimes, Wilson and the other young guys who were put in early, I have no answers for Foster though.

I think Foster's a bit out of place in Frost/Austin's system. He's limited with his footspeed and quickness and doesn't have really long arms either, so he ends up reaching a lot when playing with wider splits and being asked to pull.

I think he's a classic roadgrader type who will get a chance as an UDFA somewhere, most likely. We'll be better next year with one of the younger, quicker guys we have

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT