ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Bowden Diagnosed with Terminal Medical Condition

Isn't being 91 basically a day to day existence as it is
Really?? Geez when is the date for you to take the magic black pill? Man I like you as a Husker poster and have had good discussion with you. But dude that's cold

Say what you want about Bobby Bowden. Arrogant?? Maybe maybe not. He's literally what brought us 3 national championships. Said we needed more speed after our coaches studied them. The reason we went from the 5-2 to the 4-3. Good human being. God be with him and bless him and grant him peace

Curious as to what his condition is. Is there a reason it's not disclosed? I was reading about Shailene Woodley. She claims to be coming out of some serious medical malfunction but never says what it is. You may as well keep it to yourself if you're going to just be coy about it. Guys I'm really sick, but that's all I can say.

Bobby is classy human being and a great football coach..

He realized that his team was out played that nigh and admitted they were fortunate to win the game..

2 plays stand out were the Floyd’s fumble before he crossed the goal line and Cory Dixon’s called back punt return for a touchdown…

"I've always tried to serve God's purpose for my life, on and off the field, and I am prepared for what is to come," Bowden said in a statement shared with the Democrat. "My wife Ann and our family have been life's greatest blessing.
"I am at peace."
Bowden is one of the most successful college football coaches ever. He has an unofficial overall record of 357-124-4 in 40 years at West Virginia and Florida State and ranks as the second-winningest coach at the top level of college football behind Penn State's Joe Paterno.

Go in peace Coach Bowden. You've influenced a lot of young men to find their work ethic and potential.

Isn't being 91 basically a day to day existence as it is
Any age is day to day as you don't know if you'll die today, tomorrow.
the guy you shouldnt like would be byron bennet, who missed a 45 yd. fg. with one second left.
There were a lot of plays that led to the loss, it should have never come down to that last second fg.

I really like Bobby. 91 is a Hell of a run. For most that make it that far the quality of life is just so-so.
I have a terminal medical condition too. It's call life. At 91 at least we won't be treated to the announcement that "Bowden died unexpectedly today", Some of us old fogies could go at the drop of a hat....and it still wouldn't be unexpected.

Reactions: 10Trvln
Bobby is classy human being and a great football coach..

He realized that his team was out played that nigh and admitted they were fortunate to win the game..

2 plays stand out were the Floyd’s fumble before he crossed the goal line and Cory Dixon’s called back punt return for a touchdown…
Just think how far Bobby was ahead of the whole Name Image and Likeness and 'cost of attendance" thing. Free Shoes University baby.

Reactions: scarletred
Curious as to what his condition is. Is there a reason it's not disclosed? I was reading about Shailene Woodley. She claims to be coming out of some serious medical malfunction but never says what it is. You may as well keep it to yourself if you're going to just be coy about it. Guys I'm really sick, but that's all I can say.

His son, Terry, said it is pancreatic cancer. That is such a bad one. I wish him the best.

• Sad
Reactions: dinglefritz
His son, Terry, said it is pancreatic cancer. That is such a bad one. I wish him the best.
yep, silent killer. Almost always caught too late, after it has gotten into the liver or kidneys. He was a great ambassador of the game. Always had such respect for TO and the program.

Thoughts and prayers to Coach Bowden and his entire family.

5a56e0850d246.image.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT