ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Stoops lying about not seeing Mixon video til recently.......

GenevaWildcats

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 23, 2002
I remember when the Joe Mixon assault incident happened a couple years ago. Although the video may not have been recently publicly it was very easy to view the video by just googling it. I watched the video way back then and if I could find it there is no doubt Oklahoma's head fooball coach Bob Stoops also had access to it. Im not sure how post a link but below is an internet article 10/2014 about how alot of press viewed the video way back then and their shocked reaction to its graphic nature. I really hope someone is able to show Stoops saw the video way back when it happened.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_bb5d0e9e-6047-5950-a70a-e88c193a541b.html

Last edited:
I really hope someone is able to show Stoops saw the video way back when it happened.

According to ESPN, Stoops said he did see the video back then.

Stoops first watched the surveillance video with university president David Boren and athletic director Joe Castiglione at the Cleveland County District Attorney's office, shortly after the incident occurred.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rs-says-joe-mixon-suspension-not-enough-today

Stoops say the punishment wasn't enough. Very convenient now that you've got all the yardage out of him you can. Just shut the hell up Stoops.

Just saw the video where Mixon is "explaining" what happened. saying that when the woman slapped at him it felt like a man hitting him. So he's not only violent, but he is so stupid he thinks that that line is going to help justify what he did or get him some sympathy. Glad I'm not in coaching to have to talk to a dolt like that every day.

Just saw the video where Mixon is "explaining" what happened. saying that when the woman slapped at him it felt like a man hitting him. So he's not only violent, but he is so stupid he thinks that that line is going to help justify what he did or get him some sympathy. Glad I'm not in coaching to have to talk to a dolt like that every day.
A prosecutor could have charged attempted murder.

A prosecutor could have charged attempted murder.

Where she apparently initiated the physical contact, I say no way. I have worked several of these with courts when young people were involved. He could try attempted murder but it would never fly with the self defense strategy.

He should of been prosecuted at some level.

All football coaches need to distance themselves from players like this before they are on their team if they have domestic issues, kick them off their team if it happens while on the team, and no NFL team should draft them based upon video evidence like this. That's just really bad, reflects poorly on Stoops. He is an ex Hawk, lost a lot of respect for him and the decision he made to keep him on the team w/ a "one year suspension", aka redshirt till things cool over, which it hasn't due to the release of the video late last Friday afternoon.

It will be interesting to see what team drafts him and how they will spin it once they have to face the media.

Reactions: eastcobbhuskerdawg
This case was adjudicated via a plea deal. The DA presented the deal and he and his attorneys accepted. So he was prosecuted at some level.

Took an Alford plea apparently. "I'm going to plead guilty your honor, although I am innocent."

Just saw the video for first time, dang that looks bad. If I heard the story correctly, Stoops is going to lay down the law and let him play in the Sugar Bowl anyway after agreeing that there should have been more punishment when this first happened? Sweet. I do not like guys who hit women at all, and I don't care what she said to him, and her punches or shoves or whatever you wish to call them don't justify what he did and Stoopsy can go suck an egg. Forever. A rotten one at that.

#guyswhohitwomensuckdeaddonkeysweatyballs

Look, my very first hashtag....I'm evolving.

Just saw the video for first time, dang that looks bad. If I heard the story correctly, Stoops is going to lay down the law and let him play in the Sugar Bowl anyway after agreeing that there should have been more punishment when this first happened? Sweet. I do not like guys who hit women at all, and I don't care what she said to him, and her punches or shoves or whatever you wish to call them don't justify what he did and Stoopsy can go suck an egg. Forever. A rotten one at that.

#guyswhohitwomensuckdeaddonkeysweatyballs

Look, my very first hashtag....I'm evolving.

The university and Stoops already punished him 26 months ago by suspending him from the team for a year. The facts of the case didn't change from then until now.

This is not a defense of Mixon and his actions. Hitting a woman is indefensible, and should be punished.

My problem is how many times can you punish him for this one action. If you want him punished again now, you are wanting him punished because a video was released, not because he did anything different than what you thought he did.

Again this is not a defense of the action or a defense of the original penalty. My issue is simply that once a transgression is punished and the penalty is served it should be over. If Stoops or whoever, wanted to adjust the penalty and kick him off the team, at any point during the one year suspension, I would have had no problem. But Mixon finished his sentence from Oklahoma more than a year ago.

Wouldn't a regular student be kicked out?

Come on, that has to be the most over-used and irrelevent opinion out there. Of course the regular student would be kicked out. The regular student would have also been dropped from the university when they never attended a class for a whole semester, like Nate Gerry. A regular student would have been kicked out when they sexually assaulted a woman like Christian Peter did. Pretty sure that a regular student wouldn't be allowed to drag a woman down the stairs by her hair and beat the shit out of her, without being kicked out of school. I am pretty sure the regular student gets kicked out of school for stealing bikes, or showing his pecker to convenience store clerks after the first and definitely the second time.

Every school has their athletes that get away with more than the regular student.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
The university and Stoops already punished him 26 months ago by suspending him from the team for a year. The facts of the case didn't change from then until now.

This is not a defense of Mixon and his actions. Hitting a woman is indefensible, and should be punished.

My problem is how many times can you punish him for this one action. If you want him punished again now, you are wanting him punished because a video was released, not because he did anything different than what you thought he did.

Again this is not a defense of the action or a defense of the original penalty. My issue is simply that once a transgression is punished and the penalty is served it should be over. If Stoops or whoever, wanted to adjust the penalty and kick him off the team, at any point during the one year suspension, I would have had no problem. But Mixon finished his sentence from Oklahoma more than a year ago.

Fair enough, but if we take Stoops at his word never saw the video until recently, and said video was horrific enough, can I not argue Stoopsy was a little light on the punishment and a bowl suspension wouldn't exactly be over the top now that we've all seen (including Stoopsy if you believe him) that horrific video? I won't lose an ounce of sleep one way or the other, but for me, I saw the video for the very first time today, and I wouldn't want that young man on my team anymore (doubt you would either if that was your sister). But perhaps you're right to, maybe a one year suspension is enough for some people, maybe even most, and I'm in the minority.

Fair enough, but if we take Stoops at his word never saw the video until recently, and said video was horrific enough, can I not argue Stoopsy was a little light on the punishment and a bowl suspension wouldn't exactly be over the top now that we've all seen (including Stoopsy if you believe him) that horrific video? I won't lose an ounce of sleep one way or the other, but for me, I saw the video for the very first time today, and I wouldn't want that young man on my team anymore (doubt you would either if that was your sister). But perhaps you're right to, maybe a one year suspension is enough for some people, maybe even most, and I'm in the minority.

I guess what I am saying is simply that the facts didn't change. He was punished. I don't have to see the video of a beating to know it was a beating. I can read the words and know what happened. Secondly, I believe there is a story from two years ago that showed the AD and the school president saw the video. They made the decision on the suspension. My opinion on the suspension is irrelevent. I just think once the punishment has been served we need to move on.

Reactions: saluno22
I guess what I am saying is simply that the facts didn't change. He was punished. I don't have to see the video of a beating to know it was a beating. I can read the words and know what happened. Secondly, I believe there is a story from two years ago that showed the AD and the school president saw the video. They made the decision on the suspension. My opinion on the suspension is irrelevent. I just think once the punishment has been served we need to move on.

You are right, he did his "time" already. But I thought I saw that his counsel had been fighting the release of the video up the ladder? So it is their fault that it came out now and not at the time of the incident. So if he and Stoops are getting some grief again now, that is the fault of Mixon's legal team. Also, if that video would have come out at the time, the public outcry might have assured that he was booted, instead of only getting suspended. There would have been a lot more pressure on the AD and Pres and whoever else was in on the decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: saluno22
Sort of. The Oklahoma Broadcasters sued for its release and the Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled it should be released by December 26. The city of Norman could have appealed the decision, but it was going to be released at some point. Getting it out now would be better for Mixon than having it released in say February or March when the draft discussions are fully in motion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT