ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Elliott officially announced as safeties coach

You have to pay the salaries to get some of these guys. If your D coordinator is in demand, you just bump your offer 200k above what others may be authorized to pay, makes his decision easier. We are not getting hit that hard in the head coach department. ... Coach Cav seems out of place; his salary seems similar to the special teams coach thats gone, big bumps to move in case it doesnt work out, imo, ahem.

Not sure if Parella got a bump this year or not, but probably earned one. D line played well (most of the time) with the experience that he had to work with. Add to that the recruiting signings that he gathered and he had a good 1st year.

It's not showing in the spreadsheet tweet as Bray's increase (scheduled to be $325k salary but there's rumors it's more) isn't showing either.

My guess is an up to date salary recap will be available in the next 3-4 weeks.

How does this compare with other programs? I realize that an update needs to be done, but can we compare our assistant salaries with the top programs in FBS?
If you are seeing middling results why would you be concerned with top shelf prices.

He has coached both LBs and safeties, has been a coordinator, has coached and worked with Diaco and has tons of coaching experience. Wow!
The trade of Stewart and Banker for Diaco and Elliott is a serious upgrade in coaching.

Reactions: SOHusker11
How many Hawkeyes you gonna try to get on the sidelines?
Something wrong withHawkeyes? Paper says most N looks at them as Domer's, but they have been a lot of places. Lets go West and upset more of those Eastern teams.

Something wrong withHawkeyes? Paper says most N looks at them as Domer's, but they have been a lot of places. Lets go West and upset more of those Eastern teams.

No just messing with you.

I think the Diaco hire is a home run. Elliot probably a good hire as well but he is at the end of his career. Sometimes a very good thing to bring in a vet with a lot of knowledge and calming effect.

Elliot minus the blood disorder towards the end of the Fry run at Iowa, would have probably been their next HC.

ADVERTISEMENT