ADVERTISEMENT

Bob D now employed

I wonder if his slobbering admirer from Iowa - the one who insisted on referring to him as Bobby and D-Train - will be back to gloat about the big-time coordinator job his pal has landed.

Man talk about falling fast.

It is more like failing without consequence. The fall but there is always a net.

At ND he had one great year...went to Uconn and they sucked...so what happens? He gets a DC job at a blue blood...then BOOM gone...falls back to some no name job at OU but wait...then is promoted! Then canned again...but wait...gets to be DC again.

The coaching frat strikes again...the most good ole boy network in any profession.

Honestly though, these places are perfect for guys that are that high strung. No media, no real crazy fan case, no call in shows, dude will make bank and get to coach.

Thank god for Bob Diaco. If Riley hadn't fired Banker and hired Diaco, there is a SLIGHT chance they win enough games in 2017 for Riley to keep his job. Frost goes to Florida, etc, and we remain well and truly screwed for the foreseeable future.
That's why I try not to complain about Riley. If they had hired even a remotely competent head coach instead of Riley, chances are good the Frost era at NU never happens.

Thank god for Bob Diaco. If Riley hadn't fired Banker and hired Diaco, there is a SLIGHT chance they win enough games in 2017 for Riley to keep his job. Frost goes to Florida, etc, and we remain well and truly screwed for the foreseeable future.
That's why I try not to complain about Riley. If they had hired even a remotely competent head coach instead of Riley, chances are good the Frost era at NU never happens.
Hopefully you still feel the same way about Frost 3 years from now as you do now. Never know.

Hopefully you still feel the same way about Frost 3 years from now as you do now. Never know.
I'm just saying I'm glad we're getting the opportunity to find out. It seems pretty clear that if Riley had lasted one more year that Frost would be somewhere else.

Coach Diaco will be ok, this latest move is genius, he gets to continue coaching which he loves and keeps the spotlight burning brightly on his D next year. Only a matter of time before he is back in the playoff hunt. IIRC you people were slobbering over him a few years back.

It is more like failing without consequence. The fall but there is always a net.

At ND he had one great year...went to Uconn and they sucked...so what happens? He gets a DC job at a blue blood...then BOOM gone...falls back to some no name job at OU but wait...then is promoted! Then canned again...but wait...gets to be DC again.

The coaching frat strikes again...the most good ole boy network in any profession.
A lot of coordinators don't end up being good HC's, though. honestly, who knows what Diaco could've looked like under a Frost-led Nebraska team. It's pretty apparent that the culture was a mess under Riley, and I don't really put that on Diaco.

I will say, he seemed to be a bit of an odd fellow

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Coach Diaco will be ok, this latest move is genius, he gets to continue coaching which he loves and keeps the spotlight burning brightly on his D next year. Only a matter of time before he is back in the playoff hunt. IIRC you people were slobbering over him a few years back.

This guy is going to coach for...20-25 more years I bet...and I won't be shocked if he is a HC again.

As discussed Bob Diaco was a better defensive mind than Chinander and should have been retained by Frost.

This thread is an abomination

I'm surprised he even landed that gig. He must be good at cover letters, resumes and most importantly, interviews.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT