ADVERTISEMENT

Bo to Tennessee?

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

Gundy told them to stick it, and he would be a last desperate attempt. Even that crap show probably won't touch him.

I don't think he even wants to leave Youngstown.
He strikes me as a tired old bum sorta guy.

He’s a few years from being get off my lawn guy.

200.gif

I take him at his word that he doesn’t like recruiting. He really doesn’t even have to leave the state of Ohio to recruit to Youngstown. He’s still making millions from Nebraska to coach where he is comfortable living. He ain’t going anywhere.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Gundy told them to stick it, and he would be a last desperate attempt. Even that crap show probably won't touch him.
I don't think Gundy really ever intended to go to Tennessee. IMO he just met with Tennessee to jab the Oklahoma State AD who he has been bickering with recently and to see if he could get more appreciation from the folks back at OSU.

Reactions: headcard
I take him at his word that he doesn’t like recruiting. He really doesn’t even have to leave the state of Ohio to recruit to Youngstown. He’s still making millions from Nebraska to coach where he is comfortable living. He ain’t going anywhere.
He really should be coaching in the pros and give up the charade that he cares about kids. His selfish actions speak volumes. He knows the game well, and I believe he is a good tactician. He could coach in the pros until he no longer wants to.

He's a good coach, just not a great one. He did win most of the games at Nebraska that we should have won, we just couldn't beat the teams that were on par or better than us. He's done a pretty good job at the FCS level too. His temper is just out of control though and I believe it affects his ability to coach in adverse situations.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Timing is everything. His son is at Notre Dame now. Wouldn't be much of a trek to go between Youngstown and or South Bend. He coached in the SEC for three seasons. He does well when he has the horses for his system. The key would be what happens after the previous regime's croots dry up though. Plus, we know all too well how he enjoys the fishbowl. Laughing

Bo would be an entertaining hire, but Chad Morris would be at the top of my list at the moment..

He's a good coach, just not a great one. He did win most of the games at Nebraska that we should have won, we just couldn't beat the teams that were on par or better than us. He's done a pretty good job at the FCS level too. His temper is just out of control though and I believe it affects his ability to coach in adverse situations.
Not only his ability to coach, but surely can have an adverse affect on the players. How can you expect your team to stay disciplined when your HC lacks restraint?

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
He really should be coaching in the pros and give up the charade that he cares about kids. His selfish actions speak volumes. He knows the game well, and I believe he is a good tactician. He could coach in the pros until he no longer wants to.

Pro players wouldn't put up with his crap. Look how professional players ran off a comparable coach like Schiano let alone much better coaches than Bo like Coughlin and Saban. NFL players won't play for those types of coaches anymore now that they have the money and power to not have to.

He won’t coach a power 5 again after that North Star audio.
What's sad is that while the audio made some people feel a little better about him getting canned, it likely cost NU millions of dollars. Why couldn't the guy just act like a normal human being and keep his mouth shut? I know I know, it just isn't in his nature but man.

The best thing about this is that Papuchis looks at them and does nothing. Almost like he expected someone to give Blo the beat down he needed.
Pooch is thinking "do it do it man cmon take him out. One punch please one punch to that SOB.". Now THAT would have made the national news.Winking

Reactions: HuskerDana
Would imagine the family operating expenses are within the YSU salary and he is banking the buyout. The Pelini fam is set for life.

Would imagine the family operating expenses are within the YSU salary and he is banking the buyout. The Pelini fam is set for life.
:(I guess Tom did make NU millions and save us millions in salary during his tenure so there is that. Sure gave it all away to that piece of work though. Man I wish he would have listened to Frank.

Timing is everything. His son is at Notre Dame now. Wouldn't be much of a trek to go between Youngstown and or South Bend. He coached in the SEC for three seasons. He does well when he has the horses for his system. The key would be what happens after the previous regime's croots dry up though. Plus, we know all too well how he enjoys the fishbowl. Laughing

Bo would be an entertaining hire, but Chad Morris would be at the top of my list at the moment..
F that. That is a mouthpiece excuse for Blo not even getting a sniff. If people think he is "doing what is best for his family" he would still be here, and behaved like a normal human being. And I am sure he isn' taking the family roadster to Notre Dame to see Junior every weekend. I'm also sure if any real program wanted him, he could afford to fly Junior home every weekend so they can snuggle.

Am I the only one here that rips old bosses that were assholes? I have had two in my life that were ****ing terrible people and I rip on them ever chance I get and they didn't even fire me. I just left for better positions.

Maybe you have all had great bosses, maybe you are just more awesome than me.

With that said, I would not hire Bo because I would not want to deal with "it" and him.

Interesting – Bo has been at his new institution for three years and I have yet to see his name thrown out by anybody as a serious candidate for any of the major openings. Most know how toxic Bo is and how he just couldn’t quite get it done at an institution with some of the best resources around.

Then again – this is the same industry that calls Mike Riley a great coach - so anything is possible…

a lot of schools are willing to overlook some potential negatives such as recruiting violations a coach might have made in the past (i.e. Chip Kelly). However, almost NO school is going to look past Bo's behavior towards an administration of a University or College.

Not saying it won't ever happen, but I'd be willing to bet he is stuck where he is and any P5 school even thinking about hiring him will quickly go in a different direction.

Until Bo turns YSU into a proven winner and top dog in their conference, he will not get a sniff from a P5 school. Tennessee fans were in near riot mode over Schiano. If the AD hired Bo the fans would probably burn down the stadium

Yes, he needed to control himself and TO was trying to work with him, but when you have a chancellor Perlman who hires an AD to fire the coach I am sure we would all do things due to the lack of the support. The downfall of Nebraska football can be set right in the lap of Perlman, Pederson, Callahan, and Eichorst.

ADVERTISEMENT