ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Pelini

Lazy recruiting? No offense to Yoshi but NU needs to be putting guys in the NFL. Not the CFL.

"Pelini was a big believer in Hardrick and was not afraid to push him toward the potential he could see in him.

“I remember one of the first things when I first met Coach Bo, and he said 'You are going to be a college graduate,'" Hardrick said. "I had never heard that in my entire life.

Bo was so hard on me, but at the end of the day he always called, sent a text or grabbed me off to the side and told me he loved me. That is something you want. You want someone to be hard on you and tell you the truth for your best interests.""

Yoshi was a big get at the time. He was originally a LSU commit but went with Nebraska becaus his JUCO coach (Jeff Sims) and Carl Pelini were buddies. The biggest thing about getting Yoshi, however, was that he was a package deal with Lavonte David.

Lazy recruiting? No offense to Yoshi but NU needs to be putting guys in the NFL. Not the CFL.
I remember going head to head with LSU. Did you think at the time, "Oh, he's only good enough for the CFL so we don't want him."

It seems like some of us think every player who played for Pelini ought to be in counseling for PTSD because their lives are a wreck, but why not just be thankful the young man had a good Husker experience?

Last edited:
Your title thread might as well read "Squirrel!"
So...Bo was NU's coach a few years back... I'm following, but did the OP have a point?
Bo was always proud of his graduation rate and his nine win seasons.
Husker fans/media always follow their own after they leave NU. I thought it brought some perspective I didn't mind the story for that reason. It's good that Bo had some redeeming quality that we didn't see much of apparently.
His JUCO backstory reminded me of the Netflix series "Last Chance U"
For those that haven't watched the first season do yourself a favor and go check it out

Your title thread might as well read "Squirrel!"
So...Bo was NU's coach a few years back... I'm following, but did the OP have a point?
Bo was always proud of his graduation rate and his nine win seasons.
Husker fans/media always follow their own after they leave NU. I thought it brought some perspective I didn't mind the story for that reason. It's good that Bo had some redeeming quality that we didn't see much of apparently.
His JUCO backstory reminded me of the Netflix series "Last Chance U"
For those that haven't watched the first season do yourself a favor and go check it out

It sure did have a point. That Bo without his temper is a decent human being. I just saw this article today.

Good article thanks for sharing!

It's kinda sad we have to resort to degrading Bo every time he comes up. This shows that Bo is a good guy. Yes, it didn't work out with Bo and Nebraska but I'd say both parties are in a better place. Can we just leave it at that??

Good article thanks for sharing!

It's kinda sad we have to resort to degrading Bo every time he comes up. This shows that Bo is a good guy. Yes, it didn't work out with Bo and Nebraska but I'd say both parties are in a better place. Can we just leave it at that??
If I have to listen to the Bo lovers who criticize and complain about everything that Coach Riley and AD Eichorst do on a daily basis then Bo is fair game. Amazing the same people who are ready to fire and scrap the current staff after a f ing year or two are the same idiots who defended their hero 7 years in and made excuses every step of the way. NU made Bo multi millions and he acted like a 2 year old on his way out. Treated the fans and local media like trash. So save the cry me a river routine for martyr Bo. F him.

I don't hate Bo. I'm sure he's an affable guy most of the time when he's not on the field. His players probably loved him. He was embarrassing to our school though. But...the greatest reason for wanting him gone was the fact that countless teams abused our defense under him.

Edit - My post shows that time does heal all wounds, because I forgot that he is still the slack-jawed jackass that berated our fans when he thought he wasn't being recorded.

Last edited:
If I have to listen to the Bo lovers who criticize and complain about everything that Coach Riley and AD Eichorst do on a daily basis then Bo is fair game.
Doesn't happen.

Amazing the same people who are ready to fire and scrap the current staff after a f ing year or two are the same idiots who defended their hero 7 years in and made excuses every step of the way.
Where are people talking about firing Riley after a year or two? People have mentioned wanting to see results in year 3 but I don't see "people" wanting Riley fired now.

I haven't seen one person here who wants Bo back...not one. I don't want him as our coach. But this article was about a Husker who had a good experience in Lincoln. Why can't we be glad for him and thankful for the help Nebraskans, the University, and even Bo Pelini gave him?

Reactions: Catch50
Doesn't happen.

Where are people talking about firing Riley after a year or two? People have mentioned wanting to see results in year 3 but I don't see "people" wanting Riley fired now.

I haven't seen one person here who wants Bo back...not one. I don't want him as our coach. But this article was about a Husker who had a good experience in Lincoln. Why can't we be glad for him and thankful for the help Nebraskans, the University, and even Bo Pelini gave him?
Doesn't happen Tom?? Ya..ok..lol. And trust me I've read many posts on this and other boards who were calling for firings in the first year. What has our AD done to warrant firing?? Only thing they can come up with is firing their hero.

If I have to listen to the Bo lovers who criticize and complain about everything that Coach Riley and AD Eichorst do on a daily basis then Bo is fair game. Amazing the same people who are ready to fire and scrap the current staff after a f ing year or two are the same idiots who defended their hero 7 years in and made excuses every step of the way. NU made Bo multi millions and he acted like a 2 year old on his way out. Treated the fans and local media like trash. So save the cry me a river routine for martyr Bo. F him.

FWIW, I'm neither a Bo lover or a Riley hater.

There are worse people than Bo on this board right now

Let it go ....trashing Bo just leads people to talk about the results of our current coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick.Flare
I am glad Bo is gone and happy that recruiting looks really good...but I (and many others) would LOVE to go off on our boss if we were to get canned. I mean, it is kind of like a dream
Bo is just as big of an asshole off the field as he is on. A good friend of mine was officiating a basketball game in which one of Bo's kids was playing. They had to kick Bo out of the gym because he was yelling at the officials. he's a jerk
I imagine this happened but isn't it just a little odd that there was no story/tweet/FB post/Snapchat about it at all?

Say there were 8 kids on each team and that each had 1 parent at the game. That makes 16 parents at the game. Add in a few others that help out with running the gym that day and you probably have over 20 people there...

20 people and not one tweeted out a picture/video of the head coach of Nebraska getting "kicked out" of a middle school basketball game?

Doesn't that seem almost odd?

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I am glad Bo is gone and happy that recruiting looks really good...but I (and many others) would LOVE to go off on our boss if we were to get canned. I mean, it is kind of like a dream

I imagine this happened but isn't it just a little odd that there was no story/tweet/FB post/Snapchat about it at all?

Say there were 8 kids on each team and that each had 1 parent at the game. That makes 16 parents at the game. Add in a few others that help out with running the gym that day and you probably have over 20 people there...

20 people and not one tweeted out a picture/video of the head coach of Nebraska getting "kicked out" of a middle school basketball game?

Doesn't that seem almost odd?

Not really.
There had to be at least 100 people in Hy-Vee on Christmas Eve day when Bo bought all of the little smokies and left none for the rest of us.
I didn't see a tweet about it.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Not really.
There had to be at least 100 people in Hy-Vee on Christmas Eve day when Bo bought all of the little smokies and left none for the rest of us.
Dick move...but
Was he kicked out?

Doesn't happen.

Why can't you be a man and stop pretending you are someone else? Why can't you stop being a lying preacher? Why can't you say nice things about Steve Pederson?

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Why can't you be a man and stop pretending you are someone else? Why can't you stop being a lying preacher? Why can't you say nice things about Steve Pederson?
I always thought Pederson had some sweet hair. He also is a master at getting high paying jobs.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Doesn't happen.

Gmafb. Plenty of blotards here didn't even give him a calendar year.

When I saw the thread title, I wondered what he did.
My first thought was wondering about what he got arrested for.

I'm serious.
Or who he blamed now for his failure and incompetence to put a planned satellite camp on at his "school".

Bo > Mike
Reminder that being the HEAD football coach at a school like NU requires more than coaching ability. You are the face of the program and the state. That requires you to be polite and courteous to the media no matter how dumb the questions. Requires you to show respect to the fans who have supported the program for decades. Requires you to get off your ass and sell the program. Requires you to kiss ass of boosters, not drive them away. That is why these coaches make millions. Not just their coaching abilities. Now with that said....please tell me how Bo Bo trumps Mike????

Last edited:
Reminder that being the HEAD football coach at a school like NU requires more than coaching ability. You are the face of the program and the state. That requires you to be polite and courteous to the media no matter how dumb the questions. Requires you to show respect to the fans who have supported the program for decades. Requires you to get off your ass and sell the program. Requires you to kiss ass of boosters. Not drive them away. That is why these coaches make millions. Not just their coaching abilities. Now with that said....please tell me how Bo Bo trumps Mike????
Exactly! This is why I find it hard to believe that he was kicked out of a middle school basketball game and there was not one mention on social media

Not really.
Yes the shelves were bare of little smokies, but I got mine. There was a tin hidden behind the Dinty Moore Beef Stew.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT