ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Pelini must be

Total BS, but whatever you need to make yourself feel better.

Rivals Rankings Bo's last two years:
2013 - 17th
2014 - 32nd

Smilin' Mike's 1st two years:
2015 - 31st
2016 - 24th
This is what you get as final product with a horrible coaching staff and poor effort of recruiting key pieces to the system. Both lines of scrimmage have poor at best this year and the lack of speed on defense just hits right in the face. I was watching the Canes last night and came away impressed by Richt has done in Miami in short period of time. I know we have average talent, but it still boils down to the Jimmies and Joes plus effort.
Total BS, but whatever you need to make yourself feel better.

Rivals Rankings Bo's last two years:
2013 - 17th
2014 - 32nd

Smilin' Mike's 1st two years:
2015 - 31st
2016 - 24th

Well if you paid attention to how he recruited those last two years when he was trying to get fired, you would have seen this coming. In his mind, mission accomplished.
It’s crazy there is still a sect of you posters that actually believe that. And don’t see Riley as the biggest wet noodle to ever get paid MILLIONS. Whatever trips your trigger, I guess.

no defense for riley or se. they were not good choices, but to be fair, neither were fan selections.

i suppose i could go back thru the littany of issues that were revealed overtime with bo, but im sure there'll be those that said they didnt care or didnt have a problem, but the fanbase extends beyond this board.

oh well...

melvin gordon.

It amazes me that Pelini has apologists when he had one top 20 finish in 7 freaking seasons.
I simply find it odd that some people can’t admit a mistake, fire a coach who won 9-10 games per year, and feel ok with hiring/replacing with a .500 career coach.

I find it odd you’re complaining about top 20 finishes. What about top 25? Riley has us nowhere near that level. And he perpetually shits out 4-5 win seasons. He did that before Nebraska, now he’s doing it AT Nebraska.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbadjim990
Oline play is so bad it makes the rest of our skill players look terrible. Lee has played through it to a degree - as have Oz, JD, Morgan...but not consistently. Which gets back to oline. Whoever takes over - the fix is the oline. Going to a zone read scheme will help - easier to teach.

Defense......I think we have some good piece EXCEPT we don't have elite pass rushers. They may have to dip into JC ranks - but outside of being coached better and scheme fixes - we need to go find pass rushers or figure out guys we already have that can do it. I suspect Diaco has not optimized what he has.....could simply be due to being crazy as a fox.

Oline play is so bad it makes the rest of our skill players look terrible. Lee has played through it to a degree - as have Oz, JD, Morgan...but not consistently. Which gets back to oline. Whoever takes over - the fix is the oline. Going to a zone read scheme will help - easier to teach.

Defense......I think we have some good piece EXCEPT we don't have elite pass rushers. They may have to dip into JC ranks - but outside of being coached better and scheme fixes - we need to go find pass rushers or figure out guys we already have that can do it. I suspect Diaco has not optimized what he has.....could simply be due to being crazy as a fox.
I don’t really care what we think needs to happen. That’s why we hire head coaches and pay them millions. To make those decisions. As long as we put in place a coach who knows wtf is happening and necessary. I’ll leave the Xs and Os to that person.

And I do not think Diaco is crazy as a fox. I think he’s a lazy, dumb as a box of hair coach. And Riley hiring him was a strategic move, hoping the “transition” would be enough to save his own job and not expose him for the poor coach he is. Time will tell.

Bo is a case study in how to win at Nebraska....

1. Jucos...who cares if graduation rate drops to 65%
2. Illicit drug users and adulterers as defensive coordinator
3. Pedophile as defensive back coach...
4. Make sure you drug test all players that are not in the 2 deep

I am honest...2009-2011 were our best teams since 2001...and we had a bunch of nasty going on....are we ready for those days again?

I'm sure Bo Pelini doesn't really care what NU is doing right now. But, if I were Pelini, I would be smiling at least through February 2019. Nothing like stealing from your previous employer.
Mike Riley's going to be doing the same thing. I don't get why taking the buyout which he's obligated to is considered to be a bad thing.

Bo is a case study in how to win at Nebraska....

1. Jucos...who cares if graduation rate drops to 65%
2. Illicit drug users and adulterers as defensive coordinator
3. Pedophile as defensive back coach...
4. Make sure you drug test all players that are not in the 2 deep

I am honest...2009-2011 were our best teams since 2001...and we had a bunch of nasty going on....are we ready for those days again?
No matter who the next head coach is, I'd like to see Marvin Sanders back here.

Lighten up dude, no need to get ugly
He is right. It is a dumb thread. Pelini is a Jagoff. If he wasn't a Jagoff, he would not still be working for the only peewee football team that would hire him....and he was only hired, as we ALL know, because his boss is a friend and it is in his home town. He is a large part of the reason we are in the position that we are in. I only hope that his loser supporters will support the next coach, like they never did Riley.

Pelini tried to tell us about SE. Although he was 100% accurate, he was the wrong guy to voice it. I firmly believe that Bo actually helped entrench SE's support into this year. Shoot, even the money guys on the Regent's board were "allegedly" behind SE as late as last spring. If true, it was still hangover from Bo's antics.

We should have listened.

Since bo will soon be two coaches in the past, can we officially forget about him?

That is my question too. Will you Pelini cult members hate Scott Frost too? Will you hate whomever is our coach 40 years from now? Are you Nebraska fans or Pelini fans? If you are Pelini fans more than you are Nebraska fans, you are not welcome here.

ADVERTISEMENT