ADVERTISEMENT

Bo leaves another parting gift

ATLsker

Walk On
Sep 1, 2009

A Youngstown State football assistant coach had impermissible contacts with a prospect, and the program permitted three football staff members to recruit off-campus without completing the coaches certification test, according to an agreement released by the Division I Committee on Infractions. As a result, the university and the committee also agreed that the school failed to monitor its football program.

To be fair, seems like some fairly silly infractions and a slap on the wrist for it.

Last edited:
I like the fact that Bo couldn’t be bothered with completing his certification. This whole thing is ridiculous.

Almost as bad as when we were sanctioned for providing students with “recommended” text books and not just the “required” text books.
Haha yeah, the NCAA is insane with all the rules. Leave it to Bo to blow it off

11-20 v. 67-27. Maybe we need to forget about crazy Bo until we get a coach that can come close to his won-loss record. At this point even a little cheating would be ok.
Yep. We should never post anything about Bo again no matter what until we have a coach with 67-27 or better record.

Now, for real... what’s the big deal about this thread about a former coach that was a polarizing figure? Why did you feel compelled to chastise anyone who posts about Bo negatively in this thread?

Reactions: RedMyMind
Yep. We should never post anything about Bo again no matter what until we have a coach with 67-27 or better record.

Now, for real... what’s the big deal about this thread about a former coach that was a polarizing figure? Why did you feel compelled to chastise anyone who posts about Bo negatively in this thread?
That’s funny. Why did you feel the need to chastise me for supposedly chastising someone else? Are you a moderator now or just a defender of the realm?

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
I thought you actually had to recruit to commit recruiting violations??

fzWKj3k.gif

Reactions: NikkiSixx
That’s funny. Why did you feel the need to chastise me for supposedly chastising someone else? Are you a moderator now or just a defender of the realm?
No, just responding in kind. You’re telling people to quit posting about bo for some reason, I’m telling you to quit telling people to quit posting. Really isn’t rocket science.

What I find interesting is that he was notified by the NCAA in June 2019 that he did not take the test, then was hired by LSU just 6 months later. I wonder if he:
1. took the test; or
2. admitted to them he hadn't taken the test (you know 2 is not a possibility)
I wonder if LSU can cancel his payout?

Reactions: drubendall
The farther Bo gets in my rearview the more I like him. 9 wins is sounding pretty sweet rightaboutnow.

I view it differently. While he won 9 games a year (or more) I didn't view it like we were close to turning a corner. It was ugly. I think Bo is a good coach, but I would rather have his brother as a defensive coordinator. Bo is a clown.

Bo Pelini is the poster boy of failing forward. Relatively young guy has gone from two head coaching jobs and defensive coordinator posituons to being basically unemployable. Seems it took forever for people to figure this guy out.

Bo Pelini is the poster boy of failing forward.

Yep. His results at his last 2 stops have been total shit. He was gong to get canned at YSU, so he went to LSU, and got canned from there.

I think he'd excel as a linebacker coach in the NFL.

You don't have to recruit. You don't have to deal with fans. You don't have to deal with the media. And it's basically a job expectation that you have a screw loose.

not exactly. He thought he had an exemption. Because he did not do any actual recruiting, he did not need to know the rules. Smart guy. That usually works.
many years ago he made a comment about only wanting to recruit from a van, or something like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT