ADVERTISEMENT

Bo-fense not working again for LSU

It wasn't his DC abilities which stunk, it was his HC ability that stunk. He didn't have the right personality for being a head coach and had trouble controlling his temper, which we all knew. We also know that Bo was giving up responsibilities and getting mentoring on how to be a better HC, and part of that was delegating responsibilities which he did, including the DC responsibilities. He was actually doing all the things asked of him, and while it didn't work out, the fans kept demanding more and not until that sleaseball Eichorst was hired did we know this was going to end badly.

Also, If his DC abilities were so bad, then LSU would not have hired him back. Nobody is going to fire him in just 3 games, and he is probably rusty, but the guy did try his best outside his comfort zone, which is more than we can say for most people. I see no use in seeing people kick him here when the current coach isn't doing so hot either. It's a bad look and makes the fan base look like they are the ones on drugs. lol
They hired him back for nostalgia's sake. You would have thought that they would have remembered some of the rotten performances he had even in a national championship year where his teams gave up over 50 several times. He had a defense that was absolutely LOADED with NFL talent which he hadn't had to recruit. He sucked as a D coordinator. Good POSITION coach? Probably. He couldn't call a good defensive game if his life depended on it.

Reactions: bigboxes
Made millions. Then trashed the fans out the door. He's fair game.
Agree, when you trash the fans and the media the way Bo did, then you deserve to get the very same treatment in return.

I doubt though that Bo cares one bit about being trashed by Nebraska fans these days. He grew up in a family environment where they constantly argued bitterly with one another so that's all he's known all of his life and thinks it's normal behavior. He's fully occupied now with being trashed by LSU fans and that treatment from them is/will be far worse than anything Nebraska fans could ever muster. He just couldn't care less now about Nebraska fans.

Reactions: dinglefritz
LSU has allowed the most points (96) in program history through 3 games.

tenor.gif
I'm sure that somewhere, somehow, it's all because of us Nebraska fans. Just give it another week or so.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I don't hate Bo. I don't like him either. I am largely indifferent to him. He was our coach once and now he is gone. All that said... the man is just not a very good coach. How he got the reputation for being some kind of defensive guru is beyond me. Take away Suh and his defenses at Nebraska would have been very average for all seven years. LSU should never have rehired him.
Pennsy - you have a beautiful way of taking the emotion out of topics and simply injecting common sense. Well said sir!

• Haha
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT