ADVERTISEMENT

Bo-fense not working again for LSU

disagree with both of those statements.. besides, will Compton isn't exactly a smart guy either.

The whole point of his defense was to morph from pass defense to rush defense based on live reads and adjustments.. some players couldn't actually figure that part out.

The state of Nebraska shit on him first I think. He was justified in whatever he said, even if it was meant not to be publicly broadcast. If you want to blame someone, blame Tom for hiring him.

Bo didn't like how much Nebraska loves it team. Whether alumns or just citizens they deserve respect because they show up for the games they spend money on Husker licensed gear. This is the only reason that the Huskers will continue to be relevant, while they are ridiculed nationally.

Bo didn't love what Husker football is. A state of less than 2 million people that love their team.

So LSU doesn't have talented players? and what is with Texas losing, and Oklahoma too? seems like a weird season already,

but you guys just use this as an excuse to kick and old coach who actually won games here. Actually embarrassed by you all.
Oh can't bag on a coach that made millions here but to you college kids are open season. Wow what a tool

disagree with both of those statements.. besides, will Compton isn't exactly a smart guy either.

The whole point of his defense was to morph from pass defense to rush defense based on live reads and adjustments.. some players couldn't actually figure that part out.

The state of Nebraska shit on him first I think. He was justified in whatever he said, even if it was meant not to be publicly broadcast. If you want to blame someone, blame Tom for hiring him.
What a load of crap.

Pelini tried to divide the team and the fanbase and tried to burn the place down on the way out. You really wonder why people don’t like a guy that said F the fans and encouraged players to transfer when he left? Frost inherited a dumpster fire, in large part because of your boy BoBo and is working his ass off to fix it and bring Husker nation back together. See the difference?

What a load of crap.

Pelini tried to divide the team and the fanbase and tried to burn the place down on the way out. You really wonder why people don’t like a guy that said F the fans and encouraged players to transfer when he left? Frost inherited a dumpster fire, in large part because of your boy BoBo and is working his ass off to fix it and bring Husker nation back together. See the difference?

Pelini used the never proven to work "Us against Them" mentality. Of course, the fans were "them". You work harder. You use other teams words as bulletin board material, not your own fans.

I never understood why Osborne didn't see that he had made a mistake. It's like he was just sticking it to those that supported Callahan. He wanted his guy and overlooked all his issues. Never did a proper search. It all started with the Solich hire.

Given up 45 points and counting. How long before Ed O and Bo P start throwing punches?
This is pretty funny. I hope they fire Bo midseason. National champs LSU one year and then driving off the cliff the next year. This would never happen with Alabama or Clemson.

to be fair, the adjustments have to come from the tweener lb/db or peso back.. his defense is probably too difficult for college level athletics.

Still don't understand why people pile on a guy when he strung together 9 & 10 win seasons here, yet defend what has so far been the worst head coaching job in any 2 years at Nebraska since sometime before the '70s
JFC

Reactions: headcard
LMAO!!!!!!!!! 😂 😂 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

will compton, a professional football player, told the world bo's lack of adjustments was mind boggling.

he's a caveman & deserves absolutely every single ounce piled on him for how he represented the great state of Nebraska.
I've said it before. The best half of football I saw a Pelini defense put together was the one where he was at the hospital being evaluated for chest pain after drinking too many Red Bulls. The defense actually looked like they knew what was going on and executed well. It also seemed to help our offensive coordinator call plays when the head coach was screaming at him in his headset.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
This is pretty funny. I hope they fire Bo midseason. National champs LSU one year and then driving off the cliff the next year. This would never happen with Alabama or Clemson.
I will say this. Switching to Bo's defense is going to take time for LSU. No doubt the chaos COVID has caused isn't helping them change schemes. Ironically the same people who champion BO blasted Callahan for his huge "playbook", Bo's defense is every bit as complicated as Callahan's offense.

I will say this. Switching to Bo's defense is going to take time for LSU. No doubt the chaos COVID has caused isn't helping them change schemes. Ironically the same people who champion BO blasted Callahan for his huge "playbook", Bo's defense is every bit as complicated as Callahan's offense.
I doubt that's true

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
so complicated he couldn't run zone one time during miss st's record-setting day against him

so complicated he had exactly 1 call for the formation in the B1G title game wisconsin used to produce 3(!) 200+ yard rushers against him

if bo's defense is complicated, his caveman brain would explode if he ever tried to fold a fitted sheet.

Reactions: drubendall
LSU has allowed the most points (96) in program history through 3 games.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I hate to say it but Alabama had over 40 put up against them today. Texas, Oklahoma, and Virginia Tech used to all have great defenses. Now.... it seems everyone gets plundered.

The game has passed him by. You could see it at the end of his run here. Only truly special coaches have great longevity.

There's a lot of Husker influence on that defense. Corey Raymond and Bill Busch are both coaches on the LSU defense along with Bo. And even on offense Mickey Joseph is the WR coach.

I'm sure the LSU fans are ripping into Bo worse than we are.

What a load of crap.

Pelini was under attack from the new AD and was also under attack by the fans before any of this stuff happened. I'd like to see how you would have handled it.. Those players would have run through a brick wall for him. You don't think coach Frost has an us against the world mentality with the players? Go watch Adrian's latest interview. He hints at in there if you can read between the lines.

Also, Frost ran off most of the offensive skill players by choice. Heck, even the recent article where JD hints at wanting to win and left for his career because of the dumpster fire that was the husker offense last year. That is not inheriting a dumpster fire and then trying to make do with it. Frost did that all on his own. Also, it's been the defense, mostly full of Rileys' guys that have been the only bright spot the past 2 years. So this narrative that Frost was left with nothing is total bs. Frost ran off a bunch of skill players on offense and brought in his own players by his own choice, see the difference?

Pelini was under attack from the new AD and was also under attack by the fans before any of this stuff happened. I'd like to see how you would have handled it.. Those players would have run through a brick wall for him. You don't think coach Frost has an us against the world mentality with the players? Go watch Adrian's latest interview. He hints at in there if you can read between the lines.

Also, Frost ran off most of the offensive skill players by choice. Heck, even the recent article where JD hints at wanting to win and left for his career because of the dumpster fire that was the husker offense last year. That is not inheriting a dumpster fire and then trying to make do with it. Frost did that all on his own. Also, it's been the defense, mostly full of Rileys' guys that have been the only bright spot the past 2 years. So this narrative that Frost was left with nothing is total bs. Frost ran off a bunch of skill players on offense and brought in his own players by his own choice, see the difference?

derp

You can’t be serious with this nonsense.

NO the coach isn’t entitled to trash the fans and act like a giant baby because he thinks the fans expectations are too high or he feels like the AD is unsupportive. These guys make the big bucks, in part to deal with that stuff. NO Scott Frost is not taking an us against the fans mentality. No sane person does that, only a psychopath like Bo Peep would think that is a good idea.

And finally LOL at “Riley’s guys” being the bright spot, his guys weren’t even a bright for him when he was here. And who were these skill players Frost ran off? Morgan stayed and had his best season, Ozigbo stayed and had his best season, JD had two productive seasons. Tyjon Lindsay is the only one I can think of. He left after four games and has done nothing in Beaver land. Surely this doesn’t all come back to your obsession AM...

Last edited:
to be fair, the adjustments have to come from the tweener lb/db or peso back.. his defense is probably too difficult for college level athletics.

Still don't understand why people pile on a guy when he strung together 9 & 10 win seasons here, yet defend what has so far been the worst head coaching job in any 2 years at Nebraska since sometime before the '70s

I am talking his DC abilities which stink. Yea his teams won 9 at Nebraska but he still couldn’t stop Wisconsin’s running game which is very basic. For a defensive genius he leaves a lot to be desired. His LSU defense has given up more points and yardage than any LSU team in history In the first three games. With Florida next, duck.

You can’t be serious with this nonsense.

NO the coach isn’t entitled to trash the fans and act like a giant baby because he thinks the fans expectations are too high or he feels like the AD is unsupportive. These guys make the big bucks, in part to deal with that stuff. NO Scott Frost is not taking an us against the fans mentality. No sane person does that, only a psychopath like Bo Peep would think that is a good idea.

And finally LOL at “Riley’s guys” being the bright spot, his guys weren’t even a bright for him when he was here. And who were these skill players Frost ran off? Morgan stayed and had his best season, Ozigbo stayed and had his best season, JD had two productive seasons. Tyjon Lindsay is the only one I can think of. He left after four games and has done nothing in Beaver land. Surely this doesn’t all come back to your obsession AM...
What's lost in it all is that Osborne was still the AD at the time of his fan tirade. The only time he was publicly ridiculed by the administration pre eichorst was when he was on camera calling the ref a clockpucker. Hell in the same game people made excuses for him laying into Tmart, Cody Green, and Ben Cotton. He had plenty of support. Bo was just an Asshat

I am talking his DC abilities which stink. Yea his teams won 9 at Nebraska but he still couldn’t stop Wisconsin’s running game which is very basic. For a defensive genius he leaves a lot to be desired. His LSU defense has given up more points and yardage than any LSU team in history In the first three games. With Florida next, duck.
It was also a very weak BIG with scandals and probation for OSU, PSU and Brady Hoke was at MI.

What's lost in it all is that Osborne was still the AD at the time of his fan tirade. The only time he was publicly ridiculed by the administration pre eichorst was when he was on camera calling the ref a clockpucker. Hell in the same game people made excuses for him laying into Tmart, Cody Green, and Ben Cotton. He had plenty of support. Bo was just an Asshat
Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

Reactions: Swiv3D
Well ONE thing LSU fans do NOT have is any patience. Bo is in danger of being run out of town already.

It wasn't his DC abilities which stunk, it was his HC ability that stunk. He didn't have the right personality for being a head coach and had trouble controlling his temper, which we all knew. We also know that Bo was giving up responsibilities and getting mentoring on how to be a better HC, and part of that was delegating responsibilities which he did, including the DC responsibilities. He was actually doing all the things asked of him, and while it didn't work out, the fans kept demanding more and not until that sleaseball Eichorst was hired did we know this was going to end badly.

Also, If his DC abilities were so bad, then LSU would not have hired him back. Nobody is going to fire him in just 3 games, and he is probably rusty, but the guy did try his best outside his comfort zone, which is more than we can say for most people. I see no use in seeing people kick him here when the current coach isn't doing so hot either. It's a bad look and makes the fan base look like they are the ones on drugs. lol

• Haha
Reactions: OzzyLvr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT