ADVERTISEMENT

Blood Games, Riley, and being soft and weak

From the USA Today story on Scott Frost:

As a player, Frost would hear from Osborne if he didn’t cut block on the Cornhuskers’ toss plays or went out of bounds instead of lowering his shoulder along the sideline. As a coach, he finds himself echoing Osborne’s message: The first thing UCF skill players learn, for example, isn’t route trees but blocking schemes.

“I think those things have given us an edge, and those are definitely things that we’ve gotten from Nebraska,” Frost said. “I think the toughness that he brought to our program — making our team go live in the week, making it competitive, emphasizing everybody, including the quarterback, being tough — those things rubbed off on me.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...t-scott-frost-credits-many-mentors/870461001/

As a player, Frost would hear from Osborne if he didn’t cut block on the Cornhuskers’ toss plays or went out of bounds instead of lowering his shoulder along the sideline. As a coach, he finds himself echoing Osborne’s message: The first thing UCF skill players learn, for example, isn’t route trees but blocking schemes.

“I think those things have given us an edge, and those are definitely things that we’ve gotten from Nebraska,” Frost said. “I think the toughness that he brought to our program — making our team go live in the week, making it competitive, emphasizing everybody, including the quarterback, being tough — those things rubbed off on me.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...t-scott-frost-credits-many-mentors/870461001/

Love the part about going live during the week.

200.gif

Love the part about going live during the week.

This is regulated by the ncaa. I think you get one live practice during the week and a couple of “thud” practices which aren’t full speed or full pads.

I couldn’t tell you what Riley does compared to the regulation vice what frost would do.

All I know is that neither is allowed to go live very much. Especially when folks are comparing Frosts college experience to this era.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr
This is regulated by the ncaa. I think you get one live practice during the week and a couple of “thud” practices which aren’t full speed or full pads.

I couldn’t tell you what Riley does compared to the regulation vice what frost would do.

All I know is that neither is allowed to go live very much. Especially when folks are comparing Frosts college experience to this era.

I bet we practice like shit regardless. There is a reason we play bad in comparison to seemingly lesser talented teams.

ADVERTISEMENT