ADVERTISEMENT

bleekrode fake fg

salsa red

Junior
Dec 25, 2019
Saw the highlights and looks like he is millimeters from catching the ball with one knee on the ground. I assume he'd be considered down at that point.

Reactions: king_kong_
I believe you can catch/run with your knee down if your knee is down prior to the snap but can’t pick up and put down then catch/run

Could be wrong, not sure if rules have changed

Loved the play & hope we have something on ST ready for this weekend (blocked punt/FG)

2 seconds of googling:

NCAA Rule 4, Section 1, Article 3. A live ball becomes dead and an official shall sound his whistle or declare it dead: [...] b. When any part of the ball carrier's body, except his hand or foot, touches the ground, or when the ball carrier is tackled or otherwise falls and loses possession of the ball as he contacts the ground with any part of his body, except his hand or foot [Exception: The ball remains alive when an offensive player has simulated a kick or at the snap is in position to kick the ball held for a place kick by a teammate. The ball may be kicked, passed or advanced by rule]

it-is-settled-then-settled.gif

I believe you can catch/run with your knee down if your knee is down prior to the snap but can’t pick up and put down then catch/run

Could be wrong, not sure if rules have changed

Loved the play & hope we have something on ST ready for this weekend (blocked punt/FG)
Yep, usually before the game you meet with the refs and they ask "Do you have any trick plays, any plays we should keep an eye out for?"

Just so you don't get any of those lame ass whistles by accident.

I can remember talking to refs when they would ask us if we have trick plays and I would be like

"Oh yeah, we got a play where when we get hit, we pretend we are crying, only we are really crying" and "We have a few pass plays where it looks like we are missing our target by like 15 yards"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT