ADVERTISEMENT

Blake McClain in play again?

Do we not want him if he wants to come?

I have no idea about him, other than he's a pretty talented body at a position of need.

I'd have to go back and check film but from memory, YES, I'd take him in a NY second.

Matthew, yes, it was either on signing day he switched or a day or two before.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by jflores:

I have no idea about him, other than he's a pretty talented body at a position of need.
"Do we not want him if he wants to come"

Sounds like something Ragnar might post.

Yes we do.
And we have Chris Jones telling him so far so good.

Originally posted by c2o:
Originally posted by jflores:

"Do we not want him if he wants to come"

Sounds like something Ragnar might post.

Yes we do.
And we have Chris Jones telling him so far so good.
Hey man, he's my role model. Vikings!

Hope we land this dude. Really need some more bodies.

He was committed to Florida State for months. The week before signing day Florida State received some commits from some 5-Star wideouts. McLain was the odd man out. Nebraska, because of a relationship with Chris Jones, suddenly earned a visit. He came to Lincoln, loved the visit and the facilities and commits that Sunday before signing day.

Subsequently, while in Lincoln, some South Carolina coaches visit his parents in Jacksonville. The day before signing day, he changes his commitment to South Carolina without ever visiting the campus or meeting with Spurrier and the rest of the coaches.

Its almost mind boggling to imagine how and why he changed his mind. What the hell did the South Carolina coaches do to convince his parents? Did the whole "SEC Bag Man" scenario come into play?

Fast forward 9 months, McLain has zero relationship with the South Carolina Coaches and other recruits. He doesn't enjoy his time there and within the program.

The other amazing aspect of the whole situation is how South Carolina wanted him to gain about 30 lbs and play NG in their God Awful one year 3-4 scheme experiment. Had he chosen the Huskers, he would've played extensive minutes as a reserve Defensive End.

Originally posted by Cornicator:
He was committed to Florida State for months. The week before signing day Florida State received some commits from some 5-Star wideouts. McLain was the odd man out. Nebraska, because of a relationship with Chris Jones, suddenly earned a visit. He came to Lincoln, loved the visit and the facilities and commits that Sunday before signing day.

Subsequently, while in Lincoln, some South Carolina coaches visit his parents in Jacksonville. The day before signing day, he changes his commitment to South Carolina without ever visiting the campus or meeting with Spurrier and the rest of the coaches.

Its almost mind boggling to imagine how and why he changed his mind. What the hell did the South Carolina coaches do to convince his parents? Did the whole "SEC Bag Man" scenario come into play?

Fast forward 9 months, McLain has zero relationship with the South Carolina Coaches and other recruits. He doesn't enjoy his time there and within the program.

The other amazing aspect of the whole situation is how South Carolina wanted him to gain about 30 lbs and play NG in their God Awful one year 3-4 scheme experiment. Had he chosen the Huskers, he would've played extensive minutes as a reserve Defensive End.
He especially could not relate to his position coach at S. Carolina.

I hate it when parents choose and tell a 17-18 year old kid where they are going to go unless they have a very good reason and in this case I don't think they did. Let's hope this works out for this kid and he can settle into a good program.

This post was edited on 2/19 9:44 AM by konaki

Originally posted by Pennsyhusker:
This would be a great addition in a position of real need. If he transfers will he have to sit out a year?
Per the article, he's going JUCO and will be part of next years recruiting cycle.

Say that he wants to go to Nebraska, what is the point of enrolling at a JUCO? He would lose a year of eligibility if he transferred to Nebraska right away, but would he lose any eligibility if he went the JUCO route but didn't play football during that time? Also, would he be required to receive his AA degree?

Because he doesn't know 100% that he wants to come here. I think this is more like him saying who his favorite is.

If he knew he was coming to Nebraska he would not be going JUCO.

Originally posted by anderson_dc:
Say that he wants to go to Nebraska, what is the point of enrolling at a JUCO? He would lose a year of eligibility if he transferred to Nebraska right away, but would he lose any eligibility if he went the JUCO route but didn't play football during that time? Also, would he be required to receive his AA degree?
Might be that Nebraska doesn't have a scholarship available for him currently.

ADVERTISEMENT