ADVERTISEMENT

Blades Flip Watch

I have viewed this thread multiple times. I have yet to see a video of Wesley Snipes doing a flip. What am I missing?

Reactions: timnsun
Blades is getting all kinds of negativity from Gator fans and even a Gator player. Handling it with some aplomb. Hope our fans would stay away from directly confronting recruits if one were to reopen their recruiting.

Blades is getting all kinds of negativity from Gator fans and even a Gator player. Handling it with some aplomb. Hope our fans would stay away from directly confronting recruits if one were to reopen their recruiting.
Lol.

Blades is just asking if they think he doesn't want to compete... not that he wants to play football in Cali. Which is why you don't see a Cali school in his top 5

Whew!! I was worried there for a moment that it said SC at the very top his most recent top 5! Good to know that's not the case. *end sarcasm*

Yet another idiot tweeting at recruits. Don't we already have enough obstacles in recruiting without morons doing this crap? Sigh..

Reactions: brianm1202
Oops not sure how I missed that. Thanks for the pointing that out for me, while not being a dick. I guess we'll see...
I thought about not being a dick, but I'm in a bad mood today (few minutes ago I yelled at the fax machine ")

If you read the tweets that he is replying to... A Florida fan states that he decommitted because he wanted to be closer to home. That's why he says... LOL... cause i want to stay home? He is laughing at the guy for mentioning that as a reason, not stating he wants to stay home.

If you read the tweets that he is replying to... A Florida fan states that he decommitted because he wanted to be closer to home. That's why he says... LOL... cause i want to stay home? He is laughing at the guy for mentioning that as a reason, not stating he wants to stay home.
I read it as a Florida fan saying he isn't "savage" enough and doesn't want to compete against the competition that is at Florida. Blades replies it's because he wants to stay home.

I read it as a Florida fan saying he isn't "savage" enough and doesn't want to compete against the competition that is at Florida. Blades replies it's because he wants to stay home.
And right there, you are admitting you are reading it a certain way. This is why people shouldn't spend time reading people's twitter feeds-you can't always discern exactly what somebody means by something. How many other times have people been sure they knew what something meant by a tweet and it turned out that's not what they meant at all? It might mean what you think it means and it might not. I took a look around elsewhere and not that many other people seem to be too concerned by it.

As a non twitter user I have to ask, can anyone think of a time that a twitter post enhanced or made somebody's life better?

I know there's a general pride in life now some folks that they are too good for social media, but in general, news ends up there first.

Anyone who can make use of that, for intel, for governance, for recruiting, for celebrity sight seeing, for an investor, whatever... it has some value.

The question you ask is about a medium of exchange. It might seem silly, but transfom your question to another age...."ah those damn newspapers are so worthless, I'm going to wait till the King's scribe comes out and announces it at the podium on Friday." :)

As a non twitter user I have to ask, can anyone think of a time that a twitter post enhanced or made somebody's life better?

I really enjoy twitter...... I follow about 400 people/organizations. About half are people from Nebraska and Montana that I actually know, 100 are science and news organizations, 50 comedy/parody/funny accounts, 40 wrestling clubs/groups, and 10 Husker sites (rough estimates). I get my daily fix of news, current science events, wrestling, Husker scoops/scuttlebutt, and conversations with friends/family directly from my Twitter account. Better than facebook for my personality.

Depends on what your interests are. I love the memes and witty/snarky comments people make as much as anything on there. If you can find some good follows, it makes twitter slightly less of a cesspool.

I follow a few college hoops reporters, a few NFL reporters, a lot of NBA people (analytics types, beat reporters, opinion people) and then just a couple college football people (recruiting people, national reporters). I also follow a few of my friends and some people involved in video games that I know or used to work with. It's a good way to stay in touch. I also follow enough reporters that I am alerted to a news story and can then find other sources easier with all of the fake news out there.

But mostly, I enjoy watching my NBA games and getting injury info or big news quicker than I would just watching on ESPN. It's a good supplement to regular coverage.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
The twitter thing by the old schoolers gets twisted around. Most fans are only doing what the recruits ask or demand of them and follows them. These kids want to see Husker fans, Gator fans, or USC fans following them. This way they get a taste of which fan base will be there for them the most. It will never be the deciding factor, im sure but us fans are only doing what the recruits ask of us. To follow them and show our teams pride on twitter. Us fans need to find that fine point and not cross any lines, to make sure we don't seem like creepers. If they choose someone else, take the high road and say nothing bad and move on. Theres never any reason to bad mouth them or bash them on twitter. We do this, then its fine.

Reactions: wy19 and brianm1202
This comming from a father of 4 boys and two of them being 15 and 18. They want and love the attention we give them as a fan base. So theres nothing wrong with following them if there asking for it. Just don't cross into that stalker mode and become a damn creeper. Just follow them, be supportive and for heavens sake, don't be that "GUY" whos an internet bad a$$!

Reactions: bigboxes
FWIW: Blades and Lenoir tweeted each other earlier today and Lenoir asked Blades, "where we at?" and Blades responded "package deal?" Not sure where they'll end up but landing two top 10 corners would be sweet!

BTW, just so people know, I don't have a twitter account, I merely take info I see posted on other forums, hear on the radio, or have sent to me via text messages from friends. I'm not cyber stalking recruits.

FWIW: Blades and Lenoir tweeted each other earlier today and Lenoir asked Blades, "where we at?" and Blades responded "package deal?" Not sure where they'll end up but landing two top 10 corners would be sweet!

BTW, just so people know, I don't have a twitter account, I merely take info I see posted on other forums, hear on the radio, or have sent to me via text messages from friends. I'm not cyber stalking recruits.

This "I don't stalk recruits on Twitter" disclaimer" is reaching "Not that there's anything wrong with that" status.

Might be getting a rise out of the fan bases, but if they came to NU I'd get a rise out of it.. Winking

giphy.gif

This so reminds me of one time in elementary when I was running an obstacle course ("The Jungle Run")at our school during PE.

We went through the trees on the side of a hill next to the school, then around the track and finally back into the school.

Well, unbeknownst to me, they had a wire blocking off part of the track with no caution tape on it. I was way out in front of everyone and got clotheslined...right in the neck under my chin. I got up and saw the other kids coming out of the trees and I finished the course.

When I was showing my PE teacher, the next kid to come in had done the same thing I did! Only his red mark on his neck was a couple inches lower since he was taller than me.

I am pretty sure I looked like #10 from Wisconsin in that animated gif!

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT