ADVERTISEMENT

Blackshirts

Not my monkeys, not my circus but if I were him I would wait a year and make them earn it. It seems like the coach always hands them out in the first year and with all due respect your defense hasn't been up to "blackshirt" quality for some time.

They have handed them out many times already, where were you?

Not my monkeys, not my circus but if I were him I would wait a year and make them earn it. It seems like the coach always hands them out in the first year and with all due respect your defense hasn't been up to "blackshirt" quality for some time.

How are going to know who the 1st team defense is in practice?

That is how it came about in the first place..

Herky you don’t know the tradition.

Reactions: SOHusker11
When fall Camp ends and you get that game day Sunday workout or meeting. That's when you hand them out in the lockers to the top 11. don't put them in packages just the top 11.

Not sure why an Io_a fan would care about this or be on this board anyway

He obviously LOVES Nebraska football. Duh.

(Again) I lived in Nebraska for 12 years. Some of my best friends are huskerfans. The hawk husker banter is something I very much appreciate.

Then start some on your board. It might take a while but those Iowa boys will pick up on banter fairly quickly

(Again) I lived in Nebraska for 12 years. Some of my best friends are huskerfans. The hawk husker banter is something I very much appreciate.

Some of my best friends are Hawkeye fans too.

You’ve had the upper hand and a lot more to crow about but they even know Riley was the worst hire a AD could make for Nebraska.

Frost is old school! He is going to have the black practice jerseys starting with the first spring practice when they go offense vs defense.

The first 11 guys on the field will get the jerseys. As players substitute in and out, they will change jerseys. These black jerseys will not be assigned to any one player during spring practice, nor fall practice.

The Monday of the first game week is when the starters will find out who they are and they will get to wear the black jerseys to practice in as long as they are first string and on the field practicing.

As the defense switches from the base to nickel, the players that come in and out will then exchange jerseys, so the 11 players on the field for the first team defense will always be wearing black jerseys.

There will be no more of this "awarding Blackshirts" crap as it will be just a jersey worn by the first string defense while they are on the field playing against the offense.

The tradition coalition will love it because as George Kelly once said, "There probably wasn't a day when we didn't make switches."

For those that don't know who George Kelly, he was the defensive line coach for Nebraska from 1960 to 1968.

Hopefully Chin will have a good understanding of the tradition with Ruud on the staff.

I'm careful to keep the number of my racially diverse friends in proportion to their various percentages in the overall U.S. population.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Well, I think the Blackshirts will be given out once fall camp breaks but if the team does itbefore then, so be it.

The tangents the people on this board can reach,wow.

Anyone know where I can find a large Blackshirts flag? Most I see are 3x5, 4x6, etc. I'd like one that's like 6x8 or something..

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT